My Skoda Yeti: Ownership Review (Pete's Remapped, K&N & Bilstein B6)

Thread Starter #76
Update:

Travel season coming! Will be flying back home next week. The Yeti gets dropped at Pinnacle Skoda @Thrissur for some major work/service.

The issues to be addressed:
  • Erratic high RPM at idle
  • Unnecessary free engine revving on quick throttle/ accelerator pedal input
  • Drop in FE
  • Full suspension assembly check as the ride had gotten a bit harsher
  • 80k km service including all fluids + filter change
I was pretty sure that the clutch assembly needed an overhaul; but was hoping that the Flywheel is intact but proved otherwise.

Notified them the following:
  • The car is in a higher state of tune (remapped by Pete's ). So, don't update the ECU
  • K&N air filter installed which should not be replaced
  • A pair of quality LED bulbs installed in the headlights
  • Strictly told them not to mess around with these

Clutch related:
They opened the entire clutch assembly and yes, the clutch plate was found fully worn out. Since the Flywheel too was found affected, I told them to go ahead with a complete clutch overhaul which includes DM Flywheel + clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearing ( estimate approx.= 70k + 5500 labour)

Suspension related: (optional)
Link rods + lower arms + strut bushes+ struct bearings have all found weak. Told to change them all ( around 20k with labour)

Service related:
All fluid change + oil filter/diesel filter/AC filter etc + brake fluid etc to be replaced + regular service related inspection/cleaning etc
Total (estimated) = Rs.1,13,300 (approx.)

Quite an expensive affair I guess

Thread Starter #78
Whoa Man. That's some expensive maintainance! No wonder sokda does not sell much.
Yes, indeed. I remember, my Scorp' clutch plate costed just 7k against 23k of Yeti. But this vehicle is special and definitely a keeper. I can a get a Jeep Compass but then it is more cramped inside. With my return ( to India) uncertain, keeping this Yeti makes more sense.

Update:

Travel season coming! Will be flying back home next week. The Yeti gets dropped at Pinnacle Skoda @Thrissur for some major work/service.

The issues to be addressed:
  • Erratic high RPM at idle
  • Unnecessary free engine revving on quick throttle/ accelerator pedal input
  • Drop in FE
  • Full suspension assembly check as the ride had gotten a bit harsher
  • 80k km service including all fluids + filter change
I was pretty sure that the clutch assembly needed an overhaul; but was hoping that the Flywheel is intact but proved otherwise.

Notified them the following:
  • The car is in a higher state of tune (remapped by Pete's ). So, don't update the ECU
  • K&N air filter installed which should not be replaced
  • A pair of quality LED bulbs installed in the headlights
  • Strictly told them not to mess around with these

Clutch related:
They opened the entire clutch assembly and yes, the clutch plate was found fully worn out. Since the Flywheel too was found affected, I told them to go ahead with a complete clutch overhaul which includes DM Flywheel + clutch plate + pressure plate + release bearing ( estimate approx.= 70k + 5500 labour)

Suspension related: (optional)
Link rods + lower arms + strut bushes+ struct bearings have all found weak. Told to change them all ( around 20k with labour)

Service related:
All fluid change + oil filter/diesel filter/AC filter etc + brake fluid etc to be replaced + regular service related inspection/cleaning etc
Total (estimated) = Rs.1,13,300 (approx.)

Quite an expensive affair I guess
Really expensive to maintain the car, but i am sure once you are behind the wheels its a pleasure to drive.

Thread Starter #80
Update:
ODO: 74350 km

The Yeti is ready for delivery tomorrow after a major maintenance exercise. Yeti did get the clutch assembly overhauled and also, some suspension components replaced; the shock absorbers were untouched though. The only fluid replaced was the brake oil as it had gotten darker. Other fluids were all fine, hence didn't change them. Will get them changed in the next scheduled service which is at around 80k km mark.

Have asked my friend to take the delivery.
1829635d1545321088t-my-pre-owned-skoda-yeti-edit-remapped-petes-k-n-1.jpg

P.S: Will be flying back home tomorrow night and shall feedback here after having driven it day after.

Thread Starter #81
Update:
Replaced one ABS sensor (front RHS) yesterday morning. Spent a bomb off late; yet totally satisfied as the vehicle now is brand new like. The ride quality is butter smooth and the overall refinement and driving experience is something one needs to experience.
This mini-beast is a keeper. She is getting a Christmas gift today; guess what? The Yeti will be spending some good 8 hours @LeatherMan/Palakkad today. Can't wait to drive up the hills to Munnar early morning tomorrow.

Thread Starter #82
Yeti got LeatherMan'ed!
The floor, seats, hand-rest, boot- all in black now. Even the OE mats laminated. More details soon !
rsz_img_20181229_165527.jpg

Your car is now looking really very much good after all getting Leather'ed!!
You could get your roof wrapped in Gloss Black color, it would add a really nice touch to overall exterior of your car and would cost very less.
Wishing you lakhs of Happy miles with your car.

Thread Starter #87
Got bankrupt (again) but the Bilstein touch is simply magical. Now Pete’s @Kochi is in Vytilla. Got there before 9.00 am and the work started at around 9.45am and the vehicle was ready by 12.15. These guys know what they do. Left Pete’s and had a well deserved lunch at a restaurant nearby. Drove in to Global tyres opposite and got the wheel alignment done. The return drive was exhilarating indeed. Yeti’s always been a good handler but the Bilstein (B6) takes it to a different league altogether. Got home near Ottapalam from Vytilla (in the peak hours) in just under 2 hours.

More details in a day or two!

Attachments

Thread Starter #88
More details in a day or two!
Did a Palakkad-Rajakkad (near Munnar) and back. The Bilstein B6 upgrade has transformed this car into a brute; the Yeti is rock solid at ANY speed now. Did manage to click a couple of images after the first leg of the trip.

DSC_7502.jpg

The all-new black interior provides supreme comfort in addition to the overall appeal.
DSC_7507.jpg

DSC_7510.jpg

Thread Starter #89
Haven’t had time to update this thread with details recently. Firstly, a bit on the work done at Leatherman a few months back. The Yeti had been running with its OE carpet all these years and in Kerala rains when got wet, it produced an uncomfortable odour until it dried up eventually. Wanted to solve the issue with a premium touch and this black leatherette custom stitched to perfection takes it to a new high, both functionally and cosmetically.

The seats were removed and the measurements taken. Pieces were cut and stitched which eventually got spread over the OE carpet.
IMG_20181225_203911.jpg

The Yeti spent one whole day at LeatherMan/Palakkad and it didn’t come cheap either. The Yeti now is the third car in a raw which got leatherman’ed recently. With the additional custom under-thigh and lumbar support, the long drives have become supremely comfortable
IMG_20181229_165330.jpg

IMG_20181229_165355.jpg

IMG_20181229_165427.jpg

Top Bottom