My Skoda Yeti: Ownership Review (Pete's Remapped, K&N & Bilstein B6)

Thread Starter #91
manojodungat Did you consider upgrading the stereo ? An android auto perhaps? I have that on my list( got the same SWING system now).
Just added a MBQ powered Sub at the spare wheel well and the experience is excellent now to my audiophilic ears.

Update:
The oil service was done at Pete's @Kochi this time. The engine flushed and refilled with Liquimoly toptech. The oil filter, A/C filter, Fuel filter all replaced and the K&N air filter cleaned and put back. The OWS engine oil additive was added and also the diesel additive.
Did close to 900km since then - one Palakkad-Munnar (and back) and a few Palakkad-Kochi (and back). Yeti is super silent now and FE appears to have improved by some 2 to 3 km/L
Shockked.gif
If you sedately drive around, just under 80kmph, the MID shows anything in the range of 17-19 kmpL. My usual average FE now is around 14.5 kmpL with speeds consistently in the north of 120kmph.

I had a Tata Harrier accompanying me during a drive to Kochi airport last week. That guy was a spirited driver too and was struggling to catch up with my Yeti which was breezing at 140 kmph @2600 RPM. What a refinement post the oil service! One needs to do these speeds to enjoy the magic Bilsteins at work. The Harrier gave up after some 10 km or so. I was on my way to park the Yeti at CIAL before flying out to attend a 2-day conference near Hong Kong.

Will be getting the Timing kit replaced at Petes' too, mostly this Friday. Will update here then.

Thread Starter #92
The Yeti is back after a very long time! [:)]
ODO: 120,xxx
Let me list down some of the major performance updates that the Yeti has had in the last couple of years!

• Pete’s remap = flawless, exhilarating
  • Bilstein B6 = a perfect match for already a stiff and robust Yeti chassis
  • K & N Air filter
  • Lenso Jager Dyna 17” HS Alloys = majestic look and even better handling(I can feel the sprint, it being lighter)
  • ContiSportContact™ 5 ( 245 45 R17), handling to another level and superb grip too. A little bit stiff though, being relatively a lower profile rubber. Priced premium though but worth every penny!
  • Cargo/Roof Box ( sport line variant for better aerodynamics) and crossbars
  • LED headlights and Fog lights (P8)
The engine oil gets replaced outside ASCs as it’s always been the Liqui Moly Toptec or Meguin. The Yeti has been trouble-free mostly. Occasional higher idle RPM (1100) and some rough noise were sorted by changing the alternator pulley at EVM, Skoda in Kochi some time back. The timing belt, tensioners, and the water pump were replaced at Pete’s in Kochi as well.
IMG_20220402_135530.jpg

Just wondering if you still own the Yeti manojodungat?

I am about to swap cars with my wife, who drives our Yeti (I'm currently driving the newer Kodiaq). I'm thinking about making it more of a 'soft offroader' since it has 4WD, and some videos of the fellas at Darkside Developments in the UK thrashing their Yeti offroad has inspired me.

I had a quick question though - a while back in the thread you mentioned putting on 235/60 R16 tyres. I'm assuming you didn't notice any rubbing at all? Were the wheels the stock 16x7 ET45?

Thanks.

Top Bottom