My Silver Surfer AKA New Gen i10 Kappa Sportz VTVT

Thread Starter #46
2 Months of Ownership Report

Hi All,

First of all thank you all for suggestions which has helped us choose the right car.

This is a summary of my initial ownership experience and my travel report till now.

Its been 2 months we acquired this beauty (Silver Surfer).

Let me pen down my experience.

Long Trip Report:

When : Jan 11 to Jan15 2011
Where: Chirala
Distance: 700 (Up and Down)
Reason: Pongal and Sankranti celebrations at my relatives place.

We started our trip at 07:00 am sharp on Jan'11. It was a pleasant journey with almost very less stress driving this machine. The AC is Super Duper and we felt very chill at AC ON for 2 point only.

We tanked up at 35 litres at HP bunk, filled my tyres with Nitrogen with 32 PSI. We were a family of 4, me my bro, dad and mom. Me covered 160 Kms and stopped at Nalgonda for breakfast and then continued my journey. It was good trip except the road. It was horrible for last 100 Kms of my journey.[frustration]

We reached to our place at 03:00 PM. The average mileage we got was 15KMPL on an average before First Service. I have maintained my entire journey below 2500 RPM mark. So we have reached our destination late and with the bad roads and path holes it made worse.

I will post this evening pictures captured during my journey and my beast pics.

After staying there for 3 days again we started our journey and this time i touched 100 KMPH] only for a couple of minutes. The Power of the machine was awesome. But i was sure that i am not tempted and followed strictly as per the Manual speeds.

First Service Experience:

After that long trip i gave my vehicle for first service. It clocked 1400 KMS. The total cost involved is as below:

Service Charge: 0 Rs
Oil Change: NA (as it is not required as per the Manual)
Other Cost: Third year extended warranty 2500
Total Bill: 2500 Rs/-

Other Services done as part of free Service:
Water wash, Air filter was cleaned. I believe that was only done.

Next Service due date was given at June 2011 / 10000 KMS which occurs first.

So from my summary above and after First Service the average mileage i am getting was 18KMS/L with AC ON at long trips and in city Limits - 15KM/L with AC ON.

I will post a few pics i captured during the recent times by evening.

Folks,

Please let me know is the mileage figure which i mentioned is ok and let me know your comments accordingly ?

Also, i feel that the Bridgestone tyres are offering good support and do i require any upgrade for my footwear ?

Future Plans:
To go for Lenso Alloys with Fatter Tyres at second service or this year end. [:)]

Regards,
Raj !

Last edited by a moderator:
How and why does mileage increase after first service if all they do is just water wash the car? 15 KM/L in the city is a very good mileage

The FE which you are getting is good! I have seen some i10 owners in Chennai saying they get only 11-12kmpl in Chennai traffic.

You will experience a far better ride quality after you switch to bigger better tyres! IMO change it sooner to get slightly better buy-back value for your current tyres as the tyres are still new!

Nice short drive!

And the mileage figures are extremely good & looks like you never go beyond 2500rpm :)

Continue to do the same.

And regarding your footwear change, its not required unless you do lot of highway drives or you are very keen on show off!

i10 is undertyred, but for 80% city 20% highway its okay.

Nice writeup Phantom. Good mileage too. In my case I am definitely going for tire change. Waiting for fresh lot of michelins to arrive.

Dear Phantom,

From which shop in Minister Raod did you buy the seat covers and if you have his mobile no that would be good. I have a Honda city and planning to buy seat covers for that.

Rgds
pvsvk

Thread Starter #53
Dear Phantom,

From which shop in Minister Raod did you buy the seat covers and if you have his mobile no that would be good. I have a Honda city and planning to buy seat covers for that.

Rgds
pvsvk
Dude,

Go through the below mentioned details:
Name of the Shop: Abhishek Car Point.
Phone Number: 040-66315702
Land Mark: Beside KIMS and Sindh Colony (On Main road only), Minister Road.

Regards,
Raj !

Attachments

Top Bottom