My Silver Surfer AKA New Gen i10 Kappa Sportz VTVT

Thread Starter #1
First of all, i am thankful to all the members for their valuable suggestions which made me take a decision about buying a car. TAI is a pool of information for any prospective buyer and is very fair and helpful in providing suggestions to all the members.

It was my long dream to buy a car and yes this is my first car in our family. When i was in my college i used to think that i should buy a car when i get a decent job. Finally the day has arrived, i booked a Next Gen Hyundai i10 Sportz Kappa VTVT on 03-December-2010 with Kun Hyundai, Hyderabad [:)] along with my Dad.

It was a tough job for us to shortlist cars that suit our requirement. Our requirement for car was based on the below mentioned parameters:

Monthly Usage: <1000 KMS
Fuel: Petrol (Since usage is very minimal)
Features: All basic features like good interiors, good Fuel Efficiency, Feel-to-Drive factor, Good A.C., Decent ICE, Nice Seating Position both rare and front
Others: Less Maintenance charges, Has to be petrol for sure considering our rare usage and good A.S.S.
Budget: around 5 Lakhs

Considering the above requirements finally we considered the following cars and shortlisted the following cars:

1. Maruti Suzuki Swift :
+ve's :

• Killer Looks
  • Good FE
  • Excellent A.S.S
  • Excellent Pick-Up

-ve's:

• 3 Months Waiting Period
  • Lack of Features on VXi Model
  • Too Common in my city

2. Next Gen Hyundai i10 Kappa VTVT Sportz:

+ve's :

• New and improved Refreshing Looks
  • Good FE
  • Good A.S.S after Maruti Suzuki
  • Good Pick-Up
  • Good Features
  • Good Discount in this month December

-ve's:

• No Negatives found as of now
3. Ford Figo:

+ve's :

• Excellent Seating position
  • Good View
  • Large Boot Space
  • Excellent ICE
  • Top End Model – Ford Titanium comes with all features and with in my Budget.

-ve's:

• No discounts
  • Ford’s A.S.S a big question mark
  • Design Outdated (It resembles a replica of Ford Fusion)
  • Low F.E.
  • Maintenance Costs are more
4. Maruti Suzuki Ritz:
+ve's:

• Good FE
  • Excellent A.S.S
  • Excellent Pick-Up
  • Good Interiors

-ve's:

• Uneven rear end design is abnormal

P.S.: These are my personal opinion about the cars mentioned as shortlisted above.

Now comes the decision making process. We didn't consider any other cars as my dad was too determined on only Hyundai and Maruti Suzuki. Based on the excellent source of information in the forums I spent reading the past 3 months and my family’s interest. We finally shortlisted Next Gen Hyundai i10 Kappa VTVT Sportz.

Booking Process:
We booked i10 with Kun Hyundai as it was very close to my place. They are excellent staff and answered all my calls patiently and the sales person was very cooperative. We managed to get a loan from SBI and on 07-Dec-2010 our loan was approved.
Discounts and On-Road Price:
For folks who are interested in the On-Road price we got discounts as a part of December 2010 offer from dealer and the final on-road price was 5.2 Lakh after all discounts. And we get the following freebies as promised from the dealer tomorrow for our delivery (17-Dec-2010).

List of Freebies as promised by Dealer:

• All floor Mats
  • Perfume Bottle
  • Sun Film – 3M
  • Teflon Coating
  • Anti-Rust Treatment
  • Leather Seat covers
  • Leather steering cover
  • Car Cover
  • Ganesh idol
  • 3rd year Free Service Warranty
  • Free Central Locking

Got a call yesterday 15-Dec-2010 from dealer and they informed us that vehicle has arrived in the stock yard. My dad went to check the car and initially did a Inspection. The Vehicle Odo Meter reading was 32 KMS in the stock yard. Is that Acceptable?
Friends, please let me know any other things which can be obtained as freebies from the dealer if I missed any.

Please wait for the complete delivery experience and review about car tomorrow by evening (17-Dec-2010).
Please let me know what all all the things that need to be ensured at the time of delivery? [confused]

Note: Mods thank you for accepting my membership, I am proud to be part of this community and please let me know this is the right thread I am posting or please move accordingly as I am new to TAI.

Hello ThePhantom,

Welcome to The Automotive India.

Congratulation for your new ride. It seems, your dad has already done inspection, but still have a look at the PDI(Pre-Delivery Inspection) checklist here. As far as the odo reading is concerned, i think 32km isnt much for a new car.
The freebies offered to you are more than what dealers usually give, so i dont think theres anything more you can ask from them.

Cheers,
Akash

350Z

Core Team
Hi ThePhantom,

Welcome aboard to The Automotive India and Congratulations for your purchase! A sensible choice you have made there, but any specific reason why the Chevy Beat was not taken into consideration? Do not worry about the freebies, you are getting a fairly good deal. Though I doubt, but still if now possible, insist more on the cash discounts. Also please make sure that if the accessories are not installed on the date of delivery, get the dealer to write about them on a paper. Secondly, Ask the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of your car from the dealer and post it here so that we can help you to decode it. Rest, I think is alright. Congratulations once again, and good luck for the D-Day. :smile:

Mods thank you for accepting my membership, I am proud to be part of this community and please let me know this is the right thread I am posting or please move accordingly as I am new to TAI.
It’s perfectly fine, even if it was not. Why are the mods here for?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Akash for your valuable suggestion, and thanks for the PDI checklist. You have really helped me a lot considering my delivery tomorrow (17-Dec-2010). I am really tensed already for tomorrow's delivery as i am very excited.

Will post tomorrow evening a more detailed ownership report along with pictures for sure.[:)]

Thread Starter #5
Hi ThePhantom,

Welcome aboard to The Automotive India and Congratulations for your purchase! A sensible choice you have made there, but any specific reason why the Chevy Beat was not taken into consideration? Do not worry about the freebies, you are getting a fairly good deal. Though I doubt, but still if now possible, insist more on the cash discounts. Also please make sure that if the accessories are not installed on the date of delivery, get the dealer to write about them on a paper. Secondly, Ask the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) of your car from the dealer and post it here so that we can help you to decode it. Rest, I think is alright. Congratulations once again, and good luck for the D-Day. :smile:

It’s perfectly fine, even if it was not. Why are the mods here for?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi 350Z,

Thank you and the reason we eliminated the Chevy Beat was there was no test drive vehicle when we went for a test drive even prior to appointment and also dad was too focused on either Maruti Suzuki or Hyundai as all his colleagues in the company have their cars from either one of the two.

Hey good news is that i have got another 3000 Rs/- Discount [:D] after i spoke to the Sales Person. She took my request and she has given the discount one more reason being my dad's colleagues purchased nearly 20 cars from them and the showroom gives value to any prospective buyer from my dad's company.

So that makes my car to 5.17 Lakh i suppose and she even promised all freebies. I don't think the dealer will cheat me on this considering good reputation with us till now. Any way it will be known tomorrow.

I will post the VIN number allocated to us by night today because i am in office right now. Thanks for that as i don't know VIN number carries this much importance prior to delivery. [confused]

I understand your excitement[:)]. Why not post an introduction and tell something about yourself in a separate thread?

350Z

Core Team
I will post the VIN number allocated to us by night today because i am in office right now. Thanks for that as i don't know VIN number carries this much importance prior to delivery.
The VIN will help to verify some basic details about the specific unit you are getting. Just visit this thread, and maybe you can even try to decode it yourself.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
I understand your excitement[:)]. Why not post an introduction and tell something about yourself in a separate thread?

Sorry Akash really forgot to post an intro, i have just now posted my intro in the introduction thread. Any ways thanks for reminding me.

The VIN will help to verify some basic details about the specific unit you are getting. Just visit this thread, and maybe you can even try to decode it yourself.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank you 350Z for the information. [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Man. You got lot of freebies. It seems you saved RS 30000-35000 in that.

Wonderful report. Enjoy ride. Put some Pictures. I love the pictures. They say lot more.

Congratz Phantom on your new ride.

You will have unlimited exitement with this mini beast.

Happy motoring & feel free to ask any questions about your car & we will be happy to help.

Congrats on your new ride Phantom! i10 is a good car and a great performer too!

I think you will getting your car today evening , will be waiting for report with pictures.

hey thephantom! welcome to TAI and congrats on your i10. it looks like a small bull. [music] hope you got the delivery now..post some pics and detailed review!!

Thread Starter #14
My Silver Silver AKA Next Gen Hyundai i10 Kappa VTVT Sportz Got Delivered

Thanks folks for your valuable advice which made choose the right car we needed.

Thank you Akash and 350Z for really helping with your PDI checklist and assisting me.

D Day 17-Nov-2010:

Today i went to Kun Hyundai at sharp 08:45 am with the PDI checklist armed and was shocked [surprise]to see that the dealer is having already 15 cars to be delivered today as today is an auspicious day as today is Vaikunta Ekadasi ( A very good and auspicious day).

Then i met my Sales Consultant who guided me to a dash board stating our delivery time as 11:00 AM. We got a chance to look at our car at 10:15 am. Initially did the PDI and was happy about it since all are fine. Only thing which dealer failed to deliver [frustration]the freebies as promised were :

• 3M Sun Film
  • Mud Flaps
    Leather Seat Covers (Instead we got normal seat covers)

Rest all were present and my mistake i am not sure i got the Tool kit along with the car. I didn't check it out yet. Can some one help me where in my car it will be generally placed ?

Actually the show room guys didnt even bother to give us a DEMO as they were completely Busy. But they made sure the car is Touch wood.

After that the time came to pay the remaining price and handling of SBI car loan cheque.

After that they immediately gave us the keys, took a snaps and handled over the Manual with leather bag, Tissue Covers, Ganesh Idol, Perfume Bottle (Actually its a Freshener) and Chocolates to us. They took a snap for their records and we were happy with the over all response levels.

After that we gave sweets to out Sales consultant who has guided us and provided best support to us. We took a snap of her and i gave a great feedback to her service as a token of appreciation for the good service.

OK Now let the pictures speak further....

Attachments

Top Bottom