My Silky Magna i20 CRDi - 30K Kms. 1 Year Review

lxi.

Suspended
Thanks for the pics GR.

The i20 really has very spacious seats being a hatchback.
The boot is also large one but i expected it to be much larger from Outside (Its a long car!) :stupid:

My friend is going to get the White i20 magna as the Liva doesnt has fresh and beautiful interiors (He did a TD).
Will post a pic for you all.
Thanks.

Thread Starter #47
Took my Silky i20 to my native.

The ground clearance should be addressed. But compared to civic, i20 has better ground clearance.

Few Pic's of it.

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006+copy+1.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #48
Complete i20 CRDi Maintenance Costs

Hi,

Guys who were looking to find Hyundai i20 CRDi Service costs and i20 Maintenance costs.

Please feel free to check out the below links.

Also post comments and suggestions.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #49
Hey guys,

After long gap update of my car.

Clocked 35470 KM's and still loving evert bit of driving.

No major issues faced in car still now.

Thought famous steering rattle is back in my car and took to service station.

But, found some nuts were loosened and now it's been sorted out.

During check up completed anti rust coating {Rs. 1500 + taxes} and replaced side mirror which broken by MTC { Rs. 340 + taxes}

Final bill was Rs. 2037
IMG_0005+copy+1.jpg

IMG_0008+copy+1.jpg

Well great review "gri20" [thumbsup] guess i had missed this one , I have booked the new facelift/re-speced version of this car quite some weeks back,but still deciding if i would buy someother bigger car,any issues cropping up with the steering noise or high speed stability?

Thread Starter #51
Thanks buddy,

Steering Rattle - Info is that in facelifted model whole steering design itself was changed.

High speed stability - I have magna version without ABS, I have touched top speed around 150Kms. till 140 Km/hr it was awesome. After that i was nervous in taking beyond that, since there is no ABS .

Brakes in i20 are leader in its segment, it matches car perfectly.

I think no car in i20's segment and B segment sedan are as spacious.

Now length of the car was increased by 55mm, now it 3995 mm - Which is equal to new notchback dezire.

Ya you have the 6 speed variant,my friend has the 5 speed variant its a magna but it has abs,they took out the option when they introduced 6 speed variant only asta got it then.

I have booked the sportz variant it has abs & prices & taxes are higher in Bangalore so mine comes upto 8.6 on road (which is the price of asta variant in most states) if i put down the money tomorrow should get it in a few days,but i delayed things on purpose just to see if there were any complaints streaming in,i was not aware of 55mm increase.

Thread Starter #53
Guys update,

My friend have started car without turning off light, which resulted in low beam light failure.

So, took my car to local mechanic shop to replace headlight 100/90 hela.

Got fixed it Price was Rs. 150 /-

Still no major issues in car clocked 35750 Kms.

Guy any view about this one

Hyundai i20 Scuff plate

Planning to buy one. How to fix it? any suggestions.

^^ Raghu ^^. Please give an up date on the scuff plate once you get it. I would like to install this on my new igen Sportz.

I have seen these scuff plates for Land Cruiser, it was simply awesome. Would love have them on the i20 if they are of good quality.

Thanks
CK

Last edited:
Good to know that your I20 is serving you well, But the service cost is very expensive. Once the Warranty period get's over you can try Multibrand service centres like Carnation.

Thread Starter #57
Hey Guys,

Sorry been quite busy these days... as work have taken over me... :(..

Anyways my car have clocked 41600 KMs and have got it back from Third Paid service.

So, final bill amount was Rs. 5995.00/-

For complete break up and other service details, kindly check the below links.

i20 CRDi Magna Service History

i20 Magna CRDi - Third Paid Service Details

Google Doc's Link:

Third Paid Service Breakup Details

Complete Service Breakup Details

PS: My goal is too share the information to as many people as possible and it's difficult for me to provide breakup in each forums. So, kindly bear with me and check out the link for details .... :)....

hey gri, is the engine oil flush really required? Whats the brake pad life. My verna has clocked 13k km and the front pads are around 5.5mm from the original 11mm the service life is at 1.5mm and I never brake hard or abuse the brakes mostly use engine braking.

Top Bottom