My Scorpio's Rockin' n Reelin'! (Final Setup Pics Pg.7)

About the first -
Can the first thing you mentioned be done ? Never knew or heard anything of that sort before.The base tubes are perfectly calculated to get the best thump.
If it does happen the i guess you will again spend time and efforts making the right size box.(Had read a big article long time ago on net on how to calculate and make right dimension boxes for the sub's to get the max out of them)
Instead you can go for box woofer by JBL,just plug and you are done.

About the second -
mono block amp's are the best.I guess they are costly too.But any expert will always prefer a mono .
Yes it can be done.
Bass Tubes give more of boom boom effect and installing the same Woofer in a Sealed Box or a Ported Box will give more of hard kicking bass which is more preferable where sound quality is concerened
making a box of the right dimensions is not a concern because there are many professional audio installers in mumbai who are good at it.

A Mono Amp is only for a Woofer and nothing else (correct me if i am wrong)
and hence a 4 Ch amp is more appropriate because if he feels like upgrading a 4 ch amp can power the speakers and the components.

a 4 Ch amp is more appropriate because if he feels like upgrading a 4 ch amp can power the speakers and the components.
But then what will power the sub ? He will need to buy a two channel or mono that time.

Actually depends on his choice.If he is happy the way his speakers & components are sounding right now he should go for the mono to power his sub.

He has mentioned that he will go for the new components & oval speakers after some time.So he can get a 4 channel to power the new compo's & speakers that time.So thats the reason i said that he should go for the mono block now.[:)]

Last edited:
Looking at the pricing of a Mono and a 4 ch amp
a 4 ch amp is cheaper and hence he can go for it first
and only if he is not satisfied he can upgrade to a mono (which i don't think he will)
because a 4ch offers more flexibility

my 2 cents

Thread Starter #19
Well well, i think my post was a bit confusing, so i would rather clear some things.

my current amp is a 4 ch amp, but it is SONY! i want to change to a 4 ch amp by JBL. Mono amp is on the list but it will take some time, not now. (no money!!!) [cry]

Its better to go for a 4 ch amp bridge 2 channels to the woofer and 2 channels to the Front Components.
that is how my current setup is working.

Can you help me finetune my system as well.i'm in a mess[confused]
of course buddy, will be glad to help.

Instead you can go for box woofer by JBL,just plug and you are done.
budget issues. i had asked for sponsors to PM me. no PMs received!

Bass Tubes give more of boom boom effect and installing the same Woofer in a Sealed Box or a Ported Box will give more of hard kicking bass which is more preferable where sound quality is concerened
Exactly. earlier i thought i would like the BOOM BOOM but now i want more sound quality.

making a box of the right dimensions is not a concern because there are many professional audio installers in mumbai who are good at it.
quite true.

Thread Starter #21
the JBL GT5-1204 BR (single subwoofer with box) costs around 8000 without B/W.

other advantages of a custom made box is that i can make one according to the boot design thus maximising space in the boot. i intend to keep the box between the jump seats, most standard boxes wont fit.

Hey Raj
Seeing you are in Mumbai
Lets meet up sometime..i surely need help to tune my system.
I have everything SONY[shock]
Lets see i'm waiting for the best upgrades possible[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #24
sure buddy, though i cannot myself tune the system for you (not that professional yet!), but i can hook you up with the right people.

I have everything SONY[shock]
Lets see i'm waiting for the best upgrades possible[thumbsup]
The first very upgrade or rather change should be the Head Unit.The Sony HU's are said to be loud but not that good when it comes to giving qualitiy output.

Last edited:
The first very upgrade or rather change should be the Head Unit.The Sony HU's are said to be loud but not that good when it comes to giving qualitiy output.
Its the other way these are pretty good but not loud.In my system the voice starts to crack at after a particular volume.I suspect it is because of the speakers[frustration]

Its the other way these are pretty good but not loud.In my system the voice starts to crack at after a particular volume.I suspect it is because of the speakers[frustration]
Ya the speakers.But again i would suggest you to just go and hear other head unit's like pioneer,etc in a proper demo room or a car with rightly installed system.
Highlighting the sony HU's because my friend has had some experience with them.No matter how better speakers you get a little will be still left to extract from them just because of the sony HU.

so Raj, whats the latest update happening with your sound upgrades, finalised anything, or shall i ask found any doners[lol!]

Top Bottom