My Precious Blue Diamond: Tata Nexon XZA+ AMT D

I am utter confused which one to pick: external or internal? There might be time, we have to park vehicle in public space or office parking or else, it is not challenging to internal sensor get stolen even with anti-theft nut. It may not be tough to find correct tool to take them out while internal offers convenience unless you depend on petrol bunk to inflate tyre.

Yea, external are safer but need to visit tyre shop for battery, fixing & recalibrate.

Unable to decide!!

Thread Starter #287
Unable to decide!!
You can discuss with the seller, who seems to be very customer-friendly, going by the verified buyers' reviews. It seems, he is giving ₹ 300 discount for the internal sensors, if one directly contacts him through WhatsApp. His phone number is listed under technical details in amazon.in.

Thread Starter #288
Drove Bangalore [Basaveswara Nagar] to Chennai [Royapettah] today. Left at 0:30 am and arrived at 5:50 am. We were not stopped at KA-TN border. However, we were stopped at an unknown, specially illuminated place - 15 km to Kanchipuram - by the election flying squad. I was asked to open the boot. I was asked, where from and where to and did I carry cash in my luggage; when I replied in negative, the inspecting cop smiled and asked me to close the boot. Another team asked me to open the glove box and videographed its contents. Then, I was asked to go. All cars were stopped and checked for cash. But, buses, lorries and LCV were not stopped.
1617634173524.jpg
1617634241432.jpg

Thread Starter #289
Today, I drove Chennai [Royapettah] to Bangalore [Basaveswara Nagar] without bothering the fuel efficiency. Left Chennai home at 1 am and reached Bangalore home at 5:45 am. Home-to-home 356.3 km in 4¾ hours non-stop, resulting in 75 kmph average speed. No checking in TN or KA, not even in TN-KA border. I did not see any checking anywhere in the opposite direction too.
Toll14042021.jpg MID 14042021.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #290
Today, I took the third party insurance with compulsory PA coverage for owner-driver, costing ₹ 3,948 from Universal Sompo being the lowest through policybazaar.com. Yesterday, I received the soft copy of 50% NCB substitution letter from Royal Sundaram with 3 years validity after protracted correspondence and their continued silence until I escalated the matter to IRDAI. The unutilized 50% NCB will be used for my purchase of a new Thar [petrol, hard top, automatic, Rocky Beige] in 2022 most probably.

Thread Starter #291
Today, when I started Blue Di in the morning, I received an audio alert about the service reminder with a spanner icon in the MID stating that the service was due in 22 days. The last paid service was done on 04/03/2020 at 28 k km. I don't know why it is reminding me of the impending service when it is already more than one year over and only 4 k km run. Anyway, I pressed the LHS stick on MID for a few seconds and when the spanner and the number started flashing, I again pressed the same stick for another few seconds, resulting in the service reminder warning totally vanishing.

I am happy to note that the new third party insurance policy and the PUCC details are properly linked in the mParivahan app. Earlier, PUCC No. was marked as NA, now the entire number is displayed. [:)]

1625575974884.jpg

Thread Starter #292
Accompanied by my wife and children, I took delivery of her on 6 July 2018, Friday evening from TAFE Access, Anna Salai, Chennai.
Forgot to mention that B Diamond celebrated her third birthday yesterday by remaining inside the shed. But, the last year has been a washout except for some inter city drives. Hope to take her out for a mega drive to the Himalayas at least this year. I wish B Diamond many more happy returns of the day.

Thread Starter #294
Today, Blue Diamond got puddle lamps on the front doors as the belated birthday present, costing ₹ 599 from amazon.in.
1625916124210.jpg
Best wishes for your Nexon.
Thanks for the wishes.
Hopefully you will not part with it soon and allow it to serve you for a long long time.
You are right. Mahindra has steeply increased the Thar's price by ₹ 1 lakh plus abnormal waiting period of one year make me rethink again in favour of automatic Harrier. And also, the launch of new Harrier Dark edition with 18" dark alloys, blue-tinted new Oberon Black exterior make me rethink again. [:D]
Harrier Dark 1.png
Harrier Dark 2.png

Last edited:
Thread Starter #295
Bangalore>Trichy>Chennai . 685 km . 20.24 kmpl

Blue Diamond was busy yesterday [21 July 2021]. Started from Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 5:30 am, breakfasted at Saisangeeth near Thoppur toll plaza, visited my relatives at Trichy, lunched at Shri Sangeethas, Chennai bypass, Trichy, left there by 3 pm, enjoyed evening tiffin at Aaryas, Tindivanam and arrived Chennai Royapettah home by 8:45 pm. I did not refuel anywhere in between. Today, I refueled with 33.83 litres of diesel, costing ₹ 94.39 in Chennai, translating to a FE of 20.24 kmpl for 685 km. [:D][cheers] No checking done at KA-TN border or anywhere in KA or TN even though I had TN ePass registered.
BangaloreTrichyChennai 21072021 route map.png BangaloreTrichyChennai 21072021.jpg DSC00969.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #296
Although the battery is in good condition, Blue Diamond is strengthening herself with energy boost since her battery is 3 year old. Usually, CTEK trickle charger is reserved for my Thunderbird 500. For a change, it is being used for B Diamond. I have decided to put B Diamond on the trickle charger atleast once a week.
DSC00974.JPG DSC00973.JPG DSC00975.JPG DSC00976.JPG DSC00982.JPG DSC00977.JPG

Thread Starter #297
Chennai>Bangalore . 357 km . 5 hours 15 minutes . Non-stop night drive

Did Chennai>Bangalore non-stop night drive today. Left Chennai Royapettah home at 00:45 hours and arrived Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 06:00 hours, While crossing Kanchipuram bypass, observed the odometer reading as 33,333 km. Stopped and clicked a photo. The special Corona makeshift check-post of KA at Attibele toll plaza was deserted and no vehicle was stopped for checking Corona documents at 5 am. However, we were stopped after 5 minutes we left Chennai home at Kodambakkam High Road by cops for a breathalyzer test. I was asked to blow through the device for checking drunk-driving. When the device lit up, I was asked to proceed. [:)][clap]Inter-state private/government buses of both KA and TN have started running.
MID11082021.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #300
I hope those breathalyzers are properly sanitized after each use. They actually should'nt be doing this in pandemic era.
When even in hospital setting mistakes are done unintentionally during sanitization, we can just imagine the protocol followed by these traffic cops.
The time was 00:48 hours in the heart of Chennai and the road was empty. Suddenly, out of nowhere, two cops ran across the road to stop me. I applied sudden brake to stop the car. One of the cops told me not to get tensed as it was a routine test by showing me the device. For a second, I mistook it for the portable swiping machine used for spot fines by traffic cops and told him that I did not cross the speed limit! The cop told me not to worry, the machine was safe and asked me to blow it through the disposable straw attached to the device. Mentally relieved, I blew it to find some bright illumination, after which, I was allowed to proceed with a piece of unsolicited advice not to get tensed up. After my blowing, the straw was thrown out off the device. For few minutes, I was shaken, but not stirred! [:)][;)]

Top Bottom