My Precious Blue Diamond: Tata Nexon XZA+ AMT D

Thread Starter #241
Blue Diamond's smart key battery called it a day yesterday by sounding continuous alarm after I unlocked, entered the cabin and started the engine. When I pressed the lock and unlock buttons, the alarm stopped and everything was normal. This happened for the second time in the last two months. First time, I attributed this alarm to the then drained 12V battery. When it is repeated for the second time - when the 12V battery is fully charged - I knew it's time for replacement of the smart key battery. Drove about 5 km in the neighbourhood before returning home. Everything worked alright. Today, when I checked the smart key by pressing the unlock button, the key fob LED indicator flashed a few times, indicating weak battery. So, replaced the smart key battery, costing ₹ 150 after 26 months from the date of purchase of Blue Diamond. Now, the smart key works fine with its LED indicator flashing once, when any one of its buttons is pressed. [:D] The wearable wrist band's battery was replaced earlier after one year. Now, it is also working fine. [:)]

Blue Diamond's smart key battery called it a day yesterday by sounding continuous alarm after I unlocked, entered the cabin and started the engine. When I pressed the lock and unlock buttons, the alarm stopped and everything was normal. This happened for the second time in the last two months.
Why should there be a continuous alarm when only key fob battery is down ? I can't understand that. Did it sound when you tried to enter the car by turning the key,because central locking wasn't working ?

Thread Starter #243
Why should there be a continuous alarm when only key fob battery is down ? I can't understand that. Did it sound when you tried to enter the car by turning the key,because central locking wasn't working ?
Central locking/unlocking was working, but no alarm. Door got unlocked, when I touched the door sensor and I entered without alarm. When I cranked, the speedo/rpm pointers did a quick sweep without alarm. When the engine started, I heard a thud and suddenly alarm too started along with that. But the engine was idling at 900 normally with the alarm blaring. Ditto in the previous time too. When I pressed lock and unlock buttons sitting inside the car with engine idling, the alarm stopped. Then onwards, everything worked flawlessly. When it repeated for the second time, I knew it was something to do with the smart key battery. When I checked, the LED indicator on the key fob flashed a few times thus indicating weak battery. The continuous alarm warning for weak smart key battery was not mentioned in the owner's manual. So, I was taken aback when the alarm started blaring.

Top Bottom