My Pre-Owned Tata Safari 3.0 - Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61
Sorry for the delay; we went to Devbagh which is just 4-5 km beyond Tarkarli.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #63
So how is the 3.0 doing? Any troubles?
So far, no issues at all. Had been to Ahmednagar twice in Safari and it just travels so smoothly as always. Got alignment done two weeks back.

Also, got the mirror (right-side ORVM) fixed. The price of the entire assembly is around 4K, where as I only wanted the mirror. So got the local one for just Rs.200/- and put it in place. Its functioning pretty well as the motor/electricals was not damaged.

Its monsoon time so would probably make a lot of short trips around Pune during weekends and hoping to enjoy the drives in Safari.

Good to know that you have got a trouble-free piece. I hope it will serve you without giving any headaches for another lakh kilometres. Touchwood!

Please keep this thread updated. All the best.

Thread Starter #65
Had been to Mahabaleshwar over the weekend (14 & 15 July) in Safari with my friends. Total distance covered was 377 km., didn't bother to check the mileage. Stayed in a private bungalow at Bhilar, a place in-between Panchgani and Mahabaleshwar.

Went to Pratapgad yesterday morning and the drive through fog in Mahabaleshwar and the ghat was mesmerizing. The visibility was hardly 40-50 mtr. and it was cool driving this vehicle in the ghat.

And yet again, the drive was enjoyable as always. No problems except that the RHS rear window didn't function properly. While returning back, the glass was rolled down midway and then it just didn't went up. The motor was working but the glass was not moving up, also we couldn't pull it up. Probably, it was stuck somewhere. After returning home yesterday evening, somehow I managed to close it. Will have to get it fixed from the garage.

Can somebody please suggest if the vehicle really needs anti-rust treatment in the rainy season?

Last edited:
Its a five year old vehicle.I wouldn't be surprised if some parts are already rusted. An anti rust treatment would not harm. Go for a 3M anti rust treatment on the underbody. Costs approx Rs. 3500.

Thread Starter #68
Its a five year old vehicle.I wouldn't be surprised if some parts are already rusted. An anti rust treatment would not harm. Go for a 3M anti rust treatment on the underbody. Costs approx Rs. 3500.
Any good/reliable garage in Pune where I can get this done?

hi umalkar, have been reading through the complete thread today.
first accept my congratulations for your buy. personally, i am a very wary customer should even if it may be a spend of 3lakhs, i am very picky about. i am glad that your decision of picking this beauty has fared well till date, though the bill looks exorbitant. may be a review of it with a local garage will give you a clearer picture.
also please get the 'check engine light' sorted so that there is complete peace of mind on the long drive.

and one thing which is missing big time is lot of pics of this beast after all the servicing has been done.waiting.

Thread Starter #71
hi umalkar, have been reading through the complete thread today.
first accept my congratulations for your buy. personally, i am a very wary customer should even if it may be a spend of 3lakhs, i am very picky about. i am glad that your decision of picking this beauty has fared well till date, though the bill looks exorbitant. may be a review of it with a local garage will give you a clearer picture.
also please get the 'check engine light' sorted so that there is complete peace of mind on the long drive.

and one thing which is missing big time is lot of pics of this beast after all the servicing has been done.waiting.
Thanks, attaching some of the images taken during a trip to Mahabaleshwar during weekend.

Attachments

Last edited:
preety neat. why dont you share some snaps from interiors of the vehicle as well, and if you added any after market fitments though i know your bill on the service was steep.

Thread Starter #73
preety neat. why dont you share some snaps from interiors of the vehicle as well, and if you added any after market fitments though i know your bill on the service was steep.
Sure, will share the interior snaps tomorrow, haven't got any right now.

Top Bottom