My Pearl Snow White: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz VXi+ Ownership Review

Congratulations!!

I have also took delivery of my "White Pearl", a Pearl Snow White ZXi-AT 5 days back. The car is a gem. The white is not usual white but feels beyond words, its pearl shine. I am pretty happy with my purchase after so much of research and test drives of almost all cars in C1 segment. Will share feedback with you Ciaaaz![clap]

I ordered many MGA accessories, I would suggest you go for illuminated scuff plates, they are worth of money I would say from my experience.

I have put a art-leather carpet to protect beige floor carpet which got spoiled within 2 days, I found it wont last a month. To my surprise, many shops have floor lamination carpet tailor made for exactly fitting Ciaz in beige color. Only thing that they would remove seats/plastic panels etc. which was a long work.

I also found a disadvantage of Pearl snow white: I found few small dots of greasy material on my car bonnet on one morning. I used shampoo to wash it off. Most of it got off but faint yellow stains still could be seen on white pearly paint.......any idea from community to remove/vanish them [cry].

Last edited:
@Hari
Please elaborate on your requirements, budget etc. This would help others to provide their input. Assuming you are looking for a C2 Sedan, you have various choices like Ciaz, Honda City, Verna, Vento and Rapid. Each have their pros and cons.

Ciaz is definitely a VFM in this segment. But still ownership performance need to be assessed. Suggest list your requirements and budget, consider the car which meet your requirements. Test drive all the short listed vehicle and the make a informed decision

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I found few small dots of greasy material on my car bonnet on one morning. I used shampoo to wash it off. Most of it got off but faint yellow stains still could be seen on white pearly paint.......any idea from community to remove/vanish them
I am sure it was the car shampoo that you used right? Get it detailed by 3M as they are masters in cleaning and restoring OEM paint shine/gloss.

Regards

Akash

Re: My Pearl Snow White - CIAZ Vxi+

Hi All,

Thanks to acknowledge my post & also for the warm wishes.

Sporty Padel cost for clutch n brake INR 300. Also for floor mats INR 1100.

No pedal for accelerator.

Most important thing CAR DOES NOT SCRAPE / TOUCH ANY SPEED BREAKER OR BUMP. GROUND CLEARANCE IS FAB.
It is almost a week driving my White Pearl Ciaz, I have taken it to Mumbai Airport and Navi Mumbai. I also found ground clearance really good till now though I was worried that some of our unplanned breakers may scrap it. I think Maruti has done some homework, they are well informed about Indian roads.

I feel more & more proud of my decision each passing day that I waited for almost an year and did not buy any of the existing C2 segment options though they were established and have brand value but lacked in some department or other (looks, features, quality, space & reliability).

@Ciazzz How is your rear air-vent working? I found that the air flow is very less, hardly felt, much much less compared to front AC vents. After your feedback I will talk to Maruti.

Thread Starter #36
Planning to book the new Ciaz Diesel . Should i go for it or should i consider other cars in the same budget ?
You can refer the latest review of Ciaz Diesel. This would definitely help you in taking right decision.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-suzuki-ciaz-zdi-our-first-diesel-sedan.html

It is almost a week driving my White Pearl Ciaz, I have taken it to Mumbai Airport and Navi Mumbai. I also found ground clearance really good till now though I was worried that some of our unplanned breakers may scrap it. I think Maruti has done some homework, they are well informed about Indian roads.

I feel more & more proud of my decision each passing day that I waited for almost an year and did not buy any of the existing C2 segment options though they were established and have brand value but lacked in some department or other (looks, features, quality, space & reliability).

@Ciazzz How is your rear air-vent working? I found that the air flow is very less, hardly felt, much much less compared to front AC vents. After your feedback I will talk to Maruti.
First of all Heartiest Congratulations for your new car. Wish you miles ahead in the new beauty. As rightly said by you, I can definitely vouch for the Ground Clearance of this car. I had already driven 1400 KM & being through worst road patch, but Ciaz did not scraped under any circumstance, till date. Maruti had done the homework right & passed in exam too [:D]

Regarding Rear A.C vents , mine works perfectly fine. There is sufficient Air Flow for passengers behind & A.C is a CHILLER. You can check in your First Free Service.

Also about paint, I had till now not faced situation like stain etc on body. My beauty sands in society in open parking. I was thinking of 3M paint restoration. Any suggestions ?

First of all Heartiest Congratulations for your new car. Wish you miles ahead in the new beauty. As rightly said by you, I can definitely vouch for the Ground Clearance of this car. I had already driven 1400 KM & being through worst road patch, but Ciaz did not scraped under any circumstance, till date. Maruti had done the homework right & passed in exam too [:D]

Regarding Rear A.C vents , mine works perfectly fine. There is sufficient Air Flow for passengers behind & A.C is a CHILLER. You can check in your First Free Service.

Also about paint, I had till now not faced situation like stain etc on body. My beauty sands in society in open parking. I was thinking of 3M paint restoration. Any suggestions ?

REGARDING FIRST FREE SERVICE EXPERIENCE:

I booked an appointment at Wonder Cars, Pune for First free Service. Started on Expressway from Navi Mumbai to Pune on Saturday 15th Nov 2014. Drive was indeed a pleasure on the Highway.

Wonder Cars already conveyed me that they would provide Home Mobile Servicing. This was my first experience on Mobile Servicing. Their Maruti EECO came with 3 Service Guys at the allotted time. Their service car had a generator which was used for Interior Cleaning by Vaccum Cleaner, Pressure car washing & some electrical connection checking.

All the checking of car was done based on their service checklist & required fluid top-up's were also done. Interior Cleaning Polishing / Tire Polishing was also a part of it.

Total time required 3.5 Hours.

SATISFIED MARUTI SUZUKI CUSTOMER[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!
I have also took delivery of my "White Pearl", a Pearl Snow White ZXi-AT 5 days back. The car is a gem. The white is not usual white but feels beyond words, its pearl shine. I am pretty happy with my purchase after so much of research and test drives of almost all cars in C1 segment. Will share feedback with you Ciaaaz![clap]
[cry].
Very eager to know feedback on AT version especially performance, drive and mileage. I am sure your car is one of the first CIAZ AT cars and lot of folks are eager to know details.

raag-73,

Congrats on your new car. Yours may first online ownership review of Ciaz AT.

Can you please post your experience with AT - pickup lag, city driving, overtaking an mileage, etc.
I also have booked ZXI AT in Pune but yet to receive any confirmation on delivery.

raag-73,
Congrats on your new car. Yours may first online ownership review of Ciaz AT.
Can you please post your experience with AT - pickup lag, city driving, overtaking an mileage, etc. I also have booked ZXI AT in Pune but yet to receive any confirmation on delivery.
Very eager to know feedback on AT version especially performance, drive and mileage. I am sure your car is one of the first CIAZ AT cars and lot of folks are eager to know details.
Thanks!!
I was trying to buy an automatic sedan for last one year. I checked City, Verna, Vento, Sunny even Amaze. None would convinced me to go for it for some reason (Quality, interiors, space, features, ASS). I booked Ciaz on the first day of pre-booking based on Maruti's reputation and Ciaz concept at AutoExpo.

I'd say I am very happy and proud that I waited for Ciaz. Though I have not driven it too much but I have taken long drives (airport etc.). There is absolutely no problem regarding pick-up, obviously car is for light-footed drivers, not for zooming ahead at signal in first gear. But then you don't change gears afterwards at all. For crowded metros, it is such a big relief to have automatic. The car does not feel under-powered, though I am yet to test it in tough conditions. At sharp flyovers, the gear drops to provide more power. I can't comment on overtaking as I am still running-in the engine and will not strain it now.

While getting out of the showroom, the averaged mileage meter showed 5 kmpl, which now has become >10 (for ~400 kms) and increasing everyday. The current mileage meter shows anything from 10 to even 30 kmpl.

The car attracts regular attention due to its large road presence, elegant (non-creased) design and my pearl white color. [clap]. Anybody considering C2 segment car must go to showroom and try Ciaz before any decision.

First of all Heartiest Congratulations for your new car. Wish you miles ahead in the new beauty. As rightly said by you, I can definitely vouch for the Ground Clearance of this car.

Congratulations to you and thanks for the wishes!

I will take the issue of rear AC-vent with Maruti as in my car there is hardly any airflow from it but since AC is a chiller it cools quickly everywhere.

I have also talked about paint protection at 3M, it costs about 3500 and will last only for 6 months. I found it expensive and will go for ordinary wash& wax polish at 3M and under-body 5yrs treatment. A protective film would have been better option but they wont do it on white.

On a different note: I have got goodyears which I find producing almost no noise. What about others?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot raag73 for your feedback. Helps a lot to soothe my anxiety. Please keep us posted on your experience about mileage, driveability, service etc. Would love to hear first hand experiences from Ciaz owners.

What pisses me off about Honda is their 'itne me itnaach milaga' attitude.
For Rs. 11L City SV CVT, lots and lots of features are missing. To top that there are many niggles like alternator belt issue, uneven gaps outside and inside and crappy music system cluster. Honda right now should not be asking for premium.

IMO, Ciaz is overall best VFM package in C2.

Ciaz AT Owners,

Please keep us posted on your mileage figures. I guess, AT must be breeze to drive - without rubber-band effect of CVTs.

What pisses me off about Honda is their 'itne me itnaach milaga' attitude.
For Rs. 11L City SV CVT, lots and lots of features are missing. To top that there are many niggles like alternator belt issue, uneven gaps outside and inside and crappy music system cluster. Honda right now should not be asking for premium.

IMO, Ciaz is overall best VFM package in C2.
It's very difficult for any buyer to pay more than Rs. 11L for any car and not get even alloys!

Top Bottom