My Own Tata Nano LXi Thread :)

Thread Starter #34
yes, i got this long days back when i took delivery. at that time warranty was 1 year, later i extended it to 4 years. but with this AMC. i didnt get any benifits
AMC is distinct from warranty. Warranty comes with the vehicle, AMC has to be paid for.

If somebody can scan and upload the terms and conditions, I'd be grateful.

Thread Starter #36
Thanks a ton, vsvvijay :)

Is it true that this contract has to be purchased within 1 year of vehicle purchase/10k kms, whichever comes first?

Last edited:
Congrats athani.your nafo looks good in the white.

I must admit i'm a fan of Nano and it makes my heard turn everytime i spot it.Drive safe and happy mile crunching.

Another question, Is the AMC signed with a particular dealer, or it is applicable to any dealer across India. I mean Is it a dealer (or a particular TASC) specific or we can take the benifit of AMC across any Tata SC?

Also I checked today, unlike other cars, the seats of Nano does'nt recline fully but rather the fully reclined position is somewhere around 120 degrees.

Last edited:
Hi All

After reading this wonderful thread i have decided to go for Tata Nano 2012 Lx Model (silver color). I Test Drove the model in Galaxy Motors Mulund today and found the demo piece to be average.

I would be really grateful if some Experienced Nano Owners give me some piece of Wisdom :)

1. Is the LX model less noisier as compared to the CX model? This is becaude i only got to drive the CX model and found to be quite noisy esp when i step on the accelerator between 10-30 !

2. I found the gear switch from 1st to 2nd and also reverse to be quite uneasy as there was some problem to switch between them intermittently during the TD are others facing the same problem?

3. I absolutely loved the legroom and driving view of the vehicle; and also the fact that how it makes the alto and 800 look disgusting :). But what i absolutely hated about the vehicle was only 80 ltrs of boot space! How will i fit luggages when i need to make the occasional long trips with my family? (we are 5 members in all). The dealer said i can fit a carriage above the nano to put luggages there. Will this affect the overall balance of the vehicle?

4. Is the power and suspension good enough to rev-up in ghats or slopes? This would also be applicable for the Place where I work (Powai) and the roads are inclined (My fear due to absolute madness traffic there, the car might not make a move up the slope!)

5. Can I take this car to Local Mechanics for servicing and minor replacements? Also how much maintenance cost does this car incur after warranty? I have heard people say pretty bad views about TATA Motors After Sales Service. Just wanted some more comments on this....

6. My Folks and all my friends are laughing at my decision to go for Nano when my Budget capability is to that of an i10/WagonR (In fact my Dad is headstrong to buy Wagon-R and i need support of this forum to prove him wrong!). Just wanted to also know this perceived hatredness/skepticism against the Nano from you guys!

7. Can you guys also List out the Must-have accessories to be installed for the Car? Can we install Mobile charging point in the car? What is the best HU for the audio system which should include only USB+Aux+FM Radio+ Bluetooth (for handsfree audio).I also enquired abt the glove-boxes from the dealer he said the stock is not available and it will take atleast 15 to 20 days time to obtain them.

My dealer is quoting Rs.2.41 lakhs for the Nano Silver which includes AMC gold+Reg+Insurance+Welcome Bonus and some other bonus (i dont know exactly what :D)

He also is ready to offer Floor Mats, Wheel cover, 5L petrol ,Car Cover along with the above mentioned price. Is this a good deal?

Would appreciate a honest and quick reply from members.

Thanks and Regards
Sreekanth

Hi All

Thanks and Regards
Sreekanth
First of all, if you are going to use this as only vehicle in the home and have a capability to fetch 50K more, then leave Nano. You have Eon, Alto, Wagon-R. You can't expect a Nano tobe a complete car in the sense of Alto or Wagon-R or Eon. If this is the only family car for you then there is no point in buying Nano as most of the time it will be fetching you between 20-21 kmpl which even a Eon or Alto will achieve with ease of driving. If this car will be used as an alternative for occasional highway drives and most of the city drives then you could opt for this. Hope this helps!

P.S: Dear Nano'ians, Please don't take this as against the pride of Nano or their owners, I am myself a Nano owner and conveyed what I could for the best of someone who needed help.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #43
Hi All

After reading this wonderful thread i have decided to go for Tata Nano 2012 Lx Model (silver color). I Test Drove the model in Galaxy Motors Mulund today and found the demo piece to be average.

I would be really grateful if some Experienced Nano Owners give me some piece of Wisdom :)

1. Is the LX model less noisier as compared to the CX model? This is becaude i only got to drive the CX model and found to be quite noisy esp when i step on the accelerator between 10-30 !

2. I found the gear switch from 1st to 2nd and also reverse to be quite uneasy as there was some problem to switch between them intermittently during the TD are others facing the same problem?

3. I absolutely loved the legroom and driving view of the vehicle; and also the fact that how it makes the alto and 800 look disgusting :). But what i absolutely hated about the vehicle was only 80 ltrs of boot space! How will i fit luggages when i need to make the occasional long trips with my family? (we are 5 members in all). The dealer said i can fit a carriage above the nano to put luggages there. Will this affect the overall balance of the vehicle?

4. Is the power and suspension good enough to rev-up in ghats or slopes? This would also be applicable for the Place where I work (Powai) and the roads are inclined (My fear due to absolute madness traffic there, the car might not make a move up the slope!)

5. Can I take this car to Local Mechanics for servicing and minor replacements? Also how much maintenance cost does this car incur after warranty? I have heard people say pretty bad views about TATA Motors After Sales Service. Just wanted some more comments on this....

6. My Folks and all my friends are laughing at my decision to go for Nano when my Budget capability is to that of an i10/WagonR (In fact my Dad is headstrong to buy Wagon-R and i need support of this forum to prove him wrong!). Just wanted to also know this perceived hatredness/skepticism against the Nano from you guys!

7. Can you guys also List out the Must-have accessories to be installed for the Car? Can we install Mobile charging point in the car? What is the best HU for the audio system which should include only USB+Aux+FM Radio+ Bluetooth (for handsfree audio).I also enquired abt the glove-boxes from the dealer he said the stock is not available and it will take atleast 15 to 20 days time to obtain them.

My dealer is quoting Rs.2.41 lakhs for the Nano Silver which includes AMC gold+Reg+Insurance+Welcome Bonus and some other bonus (i dont know exactly what :D)

He also is ready to offer Floor Mats, Wheel cover, 5L petrol ,Car Cover along with the above mentioned price. Is this a good deal?

Thanks and Regards
Sreekanth
1 & 2. I would think Cx and Lx would be the same as far as NVH is concerned. Dealer test drive vehicles are sometimes beaten up, run down machines. Don't worry.

3. Luggage space is 80 litres without the parcel tray. As far as I know, you can't fit a luggage carriage on top.

4. Car is ok on steep slopes if you're travelling alone.

5. Servicing is free for 2 years. And warranty is 4 years / 60k kms. No incentive to take the car to a local mechanic until then.

6. Car is quite adequate. Doesn't deserve the image that it has.

7. Read the original post about accessories.

See original post about freebies. But you're entitled to wheel covers & petrol. Your dealer is being unethical by passing these off as freebies.

Thread Starter #44
In the OP, I'd described a problem of hot air entering the cabin from beside the clutch while the AC was running.

As it turned out, the air was entering through the AC vents below the dash. In the first service, these vents were blocked by the service personnel! This amounted to masking the symptom rather than treating the disease. Besides, how was I supposed to get air through those vents when I wanted it?

So yesterday, I gave the vehicle to the service centre to fix the problem correctly. They called back to tell me that the condition was normal as the "heating coil" was situated there. I am not satisfied with the answer as it's inherently unbelievable. I've refused to take back the vehicle unless the problem is resolved. Let's see what happens.

In the meantime, can members here please confirm that the problem is indeed a problem...that their cars don't have this hot air entering through the AC vents below the dash. It'll help me to argue the point with the service centre. Thanks in advance.

Thread Starter #45
The service centre guys told me that they'd adjusted a flap and the problem was gone. However, when driving the vehicle back home, I see that nothing has changed :'(

I've written to the company about this.

Top Bottom