My Own JEEP Restoration Project!!

Thread Starter #31
Re: My Own JEEP Restoration Project!!!!

ilango[speed thirst];122307 said:
just one jeep , look for about 10 to 15 jeeps before buying. !:lol!:
Guys the project is still alive in my heart,only the new car search has postponed it a bit as well as I am till date able to see only 3 JEEPS,so I am searching for more,will be taking the pics of third JEEP and post them here soon.

A wild suggestion from my side-
Why don't you go for a That CRDE, and then get it modified ( just needs fatter wheels a nice roll bars and a couple of Driving lights) . Its a good 4x4 , nice engine, Comparatively better dynamics than Cjs and 540s and a lot more reliable machine.
This is also there in my mind,but everything will be done after at least 5-6 months of the new car comes.

Why do you want to convert it to RHD? It will look like any other ordinary Mahindra. Try and keep the LHD as it will add value to the vehicle.
But won't this cause any legal/RTO related problems in future?

you can get 540 for 50k and another 80k to bring it alive . you will have mean beast . Also engine bay is quite large so you can fit large engine also . I am telling you will my recent trip to mayapuri

doesn't look ssoooooooo beautiful [;)]
View attachment 40299
Well,I am also searching for any Army auctions taking place nearby,if this event comes before buying a JEEP,then you people can see a surprise if I find a good one there.

Re: My Own JEEP Restoration Project!!!!

well there is auction going on or already happened but what i know it was around 29jan in Bathinda

Thread Starter #37
^^Buddy whole worked was stopped due to excess of work and some more reasons.But one thing for sure....it will never be dropped,only I need to get a month or two for it which I am expecting to get in near future.

^^Buddy whole worked was stopped due to excess of work and some more reasons.But one thing for sure....it will never be dropped,only I need to get a month or two for it which I am expecting to get in near future.
Awaiting to see your jeep buddy.
As i see the topic you have bought it and dng restoration
Again all the best for your project

Thread Starter #40
Guys,the only point I'll mention is that 'someday you all will find the JEEP built' and after that I'll mention the restoration process.But yes,not before 2013 at least.

Top Bottom