My Own JEEP Restoration Project!!

Thread Starter #18
Re: My Own JEEP Restoration Project!!!!

ilango[speed thirst];120249 said:
Just for picture .

Gonna quit job search hahaha and watch your jeep build !! hope you will finish off in maximum of 3 to 4 months!
Even I too want to get my Jeep in hand before April 2012,rest I am still taking a maximum possible time of six months for the best to come out.

Carry on your job search,at least I'll get some gifts for my JEEP from your salary too..[;)]

Going to have a look at one more JEEP on Monday in Delhi.

Rest,will keep on searching for Army auctions too.

The above shown JEEP is fitted with a CONTESSA engine.How much will the Isuzu engine cost?
Don't know the perfect cost but according to my friend, he says you may get these type of engines <1 lakh for used,he bought an used ISUZU Matador engine costing 60k for his Ambassador MKII.So the new one's may cost more.

I still can't go above 3.25-3.5 lacs at any cost.
Always keep in mind that when you need to change the engine of a vehicle,you must get a vehicle below 1.50lakhs,so that you can spend correctly according to the performance,No jeep should be bought at said budget and restored.

What may be the prices of JEEP at the auctions?
I think you have to register in the military Auction site,Google for their site you may get a rough idea about how the vehicles are sold.

IMO that jeep you had posted is very good for modding,why not purchase that one? What's the price of it? Did you ask the owner?

Thread Starter #22

Well,extended the restoration budget to 3.25 lacs(excluding the price of JEEP).
So overall now I have a net budget of about 4 lacs.Will this budget be enough for a perfect restoration project?
Still studying about the JEEPS,its only due to lack of free time that I am unable to visit different places to look at them so my search will be quite slow.

Today itself had a look at a good old LHD Willy's JEEP,but only one doubt in my mind is:-
Will it be easy to get it converted to RHD?
Also there was no low ratio gear lever in this JEEP,but there was a differential in the front too so is this JEEP a true 4X4?
Here are some pics:-

Attachments

Thread Starter #23

I am also getting a turbo engine of the Tata Sierra too(Where is Ilango?).
the engine churns out 90 bhp and is available for an extremely low price.Is this engine worth buying?

Well,extended the restoration budget to 3.25 lacs(excluding the price of JEEP).
So overall now I have a net budget of about 4 lacs.Will this budget be enough for a perfect restoration project?
Still studying about the JEEPS,its only due to lack of free time that I am unable to visit different places to look at them so my search will be quite slow.

Today itself had a look at a good old LHD Willy's JEEP,but only one doubt in my mind is:-
Also there was no low ratio gear lever in this JEEP,but there was a differential in the front too so is this JEEP a true 4X4?
Here are some pics:-
If your budget is upto 4 lakhs then you could make yourself a grand JEEP,This looks good,but what really matters if its LHD,it will be even more fun to drive so try mending this or the older jeep you had posted.

I am also getting a turbo engine of the Tata Sierra too(Where is Ilango?).
the engine churns out 90 bhp and is available for an extremely low price.Is this engine worth buying?
Illango would guide you for that matter,but the original Engine in the jeep you posted will give fetch you more of value if maintained carefully as it is Willys.

IMO Buy MM540 or 550XD3P they are pretty worth modifying! Their engines are better and built bulk where you can make it to your taste.

Willy low bonnet are high priced in 2nd hand market.

this is high bonnet left hand - yep , can be converted.

if the original engine is beyond restoration , yep fix a turbo engine of the sierra. it gives a torque of 190nm ,

4L is one hell good amount for restoration , spend it wise - all you need is patience.

just one jeep , look for about 10 to 15 jeeps before buying. !:lol!:

A wild suggestion from my side-
Why don't you go for a That CRDE, and then get it modified ( just needs fatter wheels a nice roll bars and a couple of Driving lights) . Its a good 4x4 , nice engine, Comparatively better dynamics than Cjs and 540s and a lot more reliable machine.

Why do you want to convert it to RHD? It will look like any other ordinary Mahindra. Try and keep the LHD as it will add value to the vehicle.

you can get 540 for 50k and another 80k to bring it alive . you will have mean beast . Also engine bay is quite large so you can fit large engine also . I am telling you will my recent trip to mayapuri

doesn't look ssoooooooo beautiful [;)]
1.jpg

you can get 540 for 50k and another 80k to bring it alive . you will have mean beast . Also engine bay is quite large so you can fit large engine also . I am telling you will my recent trip to mayapuri

doesn't look ssoooooooo beautiful [;)]
View attachment 40299
Why don't you consider this instead of buying the gypsy? It is mod-friendly i say.

yes i have been thinking but i need reliable partner because this will be mine everyday ride not just weekend . SO keeping spare parts and support of maruti i am with gypsy unless i find another way to put another engine which work with its 4WD

Top Bottom