My New Volkswagen Polo TDI Comfortline

Thanks tough guy. They were given by the dealer itself no extra pay.
[sad] I paid 2k for it. The salesman brainwashed my father saying that the water will get inside the car through that gap! A dumb excuse though I like it. I meant I liked the door sill, not the excuse! :tongue:

Thread Starter #17
Hi to all TAI members. sorry for not updating the thread for almost 8 months.

Today my polo had completed her 8th month and had clocked 10100 km. Till date there is no other problem except the ground clearance. There have been so many under belly scrapping mainly to the under side of the front bumper.

Is there any need to perform check up at the work shop ?

I have already done the wheel alignment from outside and filled the tires with nitrogen. By doing the wheel alignment out side there will be any warranty issues faced in future ?

Should i also do the wheel rotation and wheel balancing ?

Hi to all TAI members. sorry for not updating the thread for almost 8 months.
Today my polo had completed her 8th month and had clocked 10100 km. Till date there is no other problem except the ground clearance. There have been so many under belly scrapping mainly to the under side of the front bumper.
Is there any need to perform check up at the work shop ?
I have already done the wheel alignment from outside and filled the tires with nitrogen. By doing the wheel alignment out side there will be any warranty issues faced in future ?
About ground clearance, talk to VW workshop people, they are providing solution for increasing GC by adding some springs in the suspension set-up. Speak to them asap.

And no, wheel balancing and alignment will not result in warranty getting void in any manner.

I suggest you to consider tyre rotation after every 15k ie at each service of the car you can ask for the same. I usually rotate the tyre based on my experience that is both front tyre in rear and vice versa, i do not disturb the stephney, my Polo crossed 22k with one rotation and i am sure my Appolo will last till 50k mark easily.

VW and other manufacturers suggest clockwise rotation after every 10-15k which involves stephney also.

Thread Starter #20
About ground clearance, talk to VW workshop people, they are providing solution for increasing GC by adding some springs in the suspension set-up. Speak to them asap.

And no, wheel balancing and alignment will not result in warranty getting void in any manner.
Thanks rightnow. Had spoken to VW SA regarding GC. The SA said he is not aware of this . And i am the first person asking about GC issue. May be he dont no any thing or he is trying to bluff me. I Will visit showroom shortly for friends new car discussion will confirm then.

Thread Starter #21
I suggest you to consider tyre rotation after every 15k ie at each service of the car you can ask for the same. I usually rotate the tyre based on my experience that is both front tyre in rear and vice versa, i do not disturb the stephney, my Polo crossed 22k with one rotation and i am sure my Appolo will last till 50k mark easily.

VW and other manufacturers suggest clockwise rotation after every 10-15k which involves stephney also.
Had spoken to SA regarding the wheel alignment said it will be good to do every 5k km depending upon the road traveled and rotation he said it will be good to do every 10k km.

Thread Starter #22
A little accident had happened in the broad day light at a traffic signal don`t no if he is blind, i was waiting for signal suddenly a thud sound came from rear watched the rear view mirror they i thought that some thing big had happened may be bumper had cracked or had a big dent. When went to see the damage there are a few scratches little bit thick thanked god nothing big happened. he and his wife started to say sorry could not judge properly as one child was sitting in front on tank. At last nothing big happened except few scratches.

Attachments

Thanks rightnow. Had spoken to VW SA regarding GC. The SA said he is not aware of this . And i am the first person asking about GC issue. May be he dont no any thing or he is trying to bluff me. I Will visit showroom shortly for friends new car discussion will confirm then.
Around a month back, a SA told me that a VW recommended process on improving GC will arrive at workshops soon. So by now I guess the process should be available with workshops, even then if your SA doesn't know about it, check other workshops too.

Had spoken to SA regarding the wheel alignment said it will be good to do every 5k km depending upon the road traveled and rotation he said it will be good to do every 10k km.
Wheel alignment and balancing is recommended as and when you feel like doing it. If your roads involve too much of pot holes and disruptions, you should frequently get alignment and balancing done.

A little accident had happened in the broad day light at a traffic signal don`t no if he is blind, i was waiting for signal suddenly a thud sound came from rear watched the rear view mirror they i thought that some thing big had happened may be bumper had cracked or had a big dent. When went to see the damage there are a few scratches little bit thick thanked god nothing big happened. he and his wife started to say sorry could not judge properly as one child was sitting in front on tank. At last nothing big happened except few scratches.
Try a rubbing compound. The black marks will go by rubbing, but if the paint layer has chipped off you should get minor touch up done at workshops.

One more thing- you said above 'child was sitting in front on tank', What does it mean?

Thread Starter #24
There is no black marks. actually paint has chipped off.

Regarding 'child was sitting in front on tank', what i meant was the child sitting on tank.

There is no black marks. actually paint has chipped off.
Ohh. Anyways, do you have a rubbing compound (like formula 1 scratch out)? If not then you should keep one with you. It is really very helpful to wipe out black spots/scratches that develop due to accidents.

As of now, when you get time, take car to nearest workshop and get a free touch up done.

Thread Starter #26
Ohh. Anyways, do you have a rubbing compound (like formula 1 scratch out)? If not then you should keep one with you. It is really very helpful to wipe out black spots/scratches that develop due to accidents.

As of now, when you get time, take car to nearest workshop and get a free touch up done.
Thanks rightnow. ya i use formula one scratch out or formula 1 car wax for small scratches they give good results. But in this case paint got removed and the scratches are little bit deep.

Is touch up free of cost ?

Last edited:
Thanks rightnow. ya i use formula one scratch out or formula 1 car wax for small scratches they give good results. But in this case paint got removed and the scratches are little bit deep.
Is touch up free of cost ?
Minor touch up as in your case above should be free of cost. Be friendly with workshop guys and ask them to do it for free. Generally red and white paints are available with them already in larger volumes so I don't think they will have any problem.

Thread Starter #28
Minor touch up as in your case above should be free of cost. Be friendly with workshop guys and ask them to do it for free. Generally red and white paints are available with them already in larger volumes so I don't think they will have any problem.
Ok in my case mine is reflex silver. Already i have scratch and small dent on rear left wheel arch, have to give my car for repair at that time some minor touch ups will be done.

Top Bottom