My New Volkswagen Passat 2011 Highline

Congratulations ppraja , i too checked the new Passat and liked the car instantly! And even me i prefer a car like Passat instead of Bmw , Merc and Audi.

BTW one doubt , is the Passat avaiable in Manual transmission? Do you find it easy to drive an AT car after driving a MT all these years?

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations for the brand new Volkswagen Passat. Please share more pictures because they are truly a treat for the eyes. Do also keep us updated about the maintenance and other ownership aspects of this car. [thumbswink]

BTW one doubt , is the Passat avaiable in Manual transmission?
Nope. It is available in two trims – Comfortline and Highline and both are DSG.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #19
Some more pics of the car. Photo taken with my DSLR

Attachments

Thread Starter #21
Congratulations for the brand new Volkswagen Passat. Please share more pictures because they are truly a treat for the eyes. Do also keep us updated about the maintenance and other ownership aspects of this car. [thumbswink]

Nope. It is available in two trims – Comfortline and Highline and both are DSG.

Drive Safe,
350Z
yeah the Treadline is yet to launch!

Thread Starter #22
WOW, Congratulations on buying this german monster/beauty . Quality is top notch.
Thanks jeno_turbo

I'm sure you will enjoy this awesome piece of 'German Engineering' pprajaa....today i went on a long drive (about 60 km roundtrip) in my Passat - drove out of Mandi on the NH towards Manali - gentle slopes, good tarmac and nice straights followed by some stretches of ascending roads with a lot of potholes and this car drives like a dream - I am very very impressed and feeling happier with my purchase of the 'Passat' everyday. I have never enjoyed driving any car so much out of the numerous vehicles i have owned over the past 20 years.
I have been driving cars for last 7 years now. This is the most powerful car I have driven till now. I can rely on the car when i need to overtake all of sudden even though i am in D mode only. Still I am yet to take the car in open roads.

Thread Starter #23
Hi pprajaa many many congratulation on bringing the beauty home!
Do take care of her and keep us posted about your delivery experince, and Initial ownership experience with loads of good quality images!
Congratulations again! I am the first one to do so that too at 2.26 am...ha ha ha
Thank you drivetech4

Many congrats on your new German beauty. Passat is a car that has inspired many. Do share your thoughts on the beauty as time progresses and keep uploading new photos.

BTW, Cruising in Chennai traffic is a pain and especially during weekends its a nightmare. Glad that you were able to touch 100 mark.

Happy Motoring!!!
Thank you truecitylover. I was driving in suburbs so i was able to touch 100 mark.

man she is one heck of a bomb!
Please add more images and again congrats on your new beauty.
Thank you nickandre. I have added some more pics.

I see you are a Volkswagen loyalist from the Polo in your driveway ,I know you have invested a small fortune in buying this car & I wish you all the best in exploring many miles of comfort & joy with this car!
Please do keep us informed on the forum on your experiences as this car is miles ahead of the previous passat it replaced here in India.

It's been 10 days since I picked up my Passat (C/L trim) and I have now driven about 400 km's....the MiD is showing a consolidated FE of 12 km/l.

This car is the best car i have ever driven or owned (previous cars owned are the Cielo, Esteem, Mitsubishi Lancer, Qualis, Optra & Innova) and It's just a dream to drive.

The Auto-hold feature is a boon in city stop start traffic and also on steep climbs on the hills when one has to come to a sudden halt - just brake to a dead stop and take your foot off ......the car just remains stationary till you press the accelerator again....the awesome Xenon Headlight's turn with steering input - thus illuminating everything - even dark spots around corners - another brilliant feature for the twisty roads in the hills.

I am just loving this car and would advise all future car owner's in this category to seriously consider the VW 2011 Passat when making a decision.

Thread Starter #26
Yes i can also confirm that auto hold is a great feature when driving in city traffic. You don't need to goto neutral or keep holding the brakes. The car comes to halt when u press the brake and it only moves when u press the accelerator.

Also when the auto start-stop feature is switched on, I feel comfortable in the car (During the night), when the car engine is stops. And when I press the accelerator the engines starts and I don't feel any difference in the pickup.

Thread Starter #27
I have a USB cable port in the front glove box. But when i connect iPhone 3gs or 4 it didn't work. I have to try connecting my old iPod.

But I listen to songs from iPhone using the bluetooth audio in the HU. The quality of the speaker in the car is very good. Its was pleasant to hear both melody and hip-hop songs.

I have a USB cable port in the front glove box. But when i connect iPhone 3gs or 4 it didn't work. I have to try connecting my old iPod.

But I listen to songs from iPhone using the bluetooth audio in the HU. The quality of the speaker in the car is very good. Its was pleasant to hear both melody and hip-hop songs.
Congrats mate on the New Passat. Great car and looks lovely. Enjoy the drive. I drive the VW Jetta, CL 2010 version, can really sense how this beauty will be on the road.

Nice pictures buddy , nice to note the spare wheel is also an alloy! Does VW give an option for beige interiors? What's the FE you have been getting till now?

I just love the new Passat but i hope it was available in MT too!

If looks can kill, this is it. Wow! What a Caaar! Congratulations pprajaa.

The Auto-hold feature is a boon in city stop start traffic and also on steep climbs on the hills when one has to come to a sudden halt - just brake to a dead stop and take your foot off ..
I haven't heard that before. Sounds interesting. What other such features, does it come with guys?

@pprajaa : If you dont mind, could you give us a break up of the cost of this beauty?

Last edited:

Top Bottom