My New Volkswagen Passat 2011 Highline

Thread Starter #1
Almost 13 months after i first got the close look on Passat, I will be driving it home very soon. At that time our Chevrolet Optra 1.6 (NY edition) was 5 years old, and started it showing signs of aging. Our plan was to buy a hatch back, then sell our Optra and wait for another 2 or 3 months before buying another sedan. It all started when me and my dad went to test drive VW Polo. We were delayed a bit because of the unavailability of the test drive car as it had gone out for some exhibition. So we had some time to look into other cars on display. We saw Beetle, Touareg and finally Passat.

I liked the Passat on first sight. It was looking great with 17" or 18" Pirelli tyres, (I remember because there was news at that time about Pirelli entry into F1.) Full black leather seats, sun roof, good lines on the car. At that time i was not much familiar with Passat, I was more interested in the Mercedes, BMW, Audi. Even my dad liked the car, he said we should consider it when buy a sedan.

After coming home that day, I googled about Passat and found good information about the car. Also we used to visit the showroom often for enquiring about our Polo delivery date. Each time i used see the passat and get impressed more. Finally i found out that a new Passat version is getting launched in europe with many features and almost looking like VW Phaeton from the front. I informed it to my dad and he also seemed interested in the car. He was looking for a car that was value for money not just basic car of some big brand.

Finally we took our VW polo delivery in January, and that time i had told the Asst. Manager there about our interest in the New passat. I used to call him about the launch date and availability of the Passat frequently. Finally i got to know the car will be officially launched in last week of march. I spoke to the Asst. Manager he informed me that the car will be mostly available in June. So we booked our car on 05.04.11.

The test drive car arrived a little later in last week of April, I was impressed with the ability to drive such a big car with minimal effort. It was a short test drive as we had already booked the car and awaiting immediate delivery. But the passat got delayed because of some new duty imposed in the finance bill (or so i was told). Also i got busy with some personal and professional work. Finally i started pestering the manager in July about the delivery date, and finally we were told that we will be getting the car in August last week.

The car reached our dealer in the last week of August and we had paid full amount by first week of September. We were waiting for fancy number which requires a GO in our state. Finally after completing all procedures, our car is done with Registration. We have informed the manager, we will be taking delivery of the car tomorrow (14.10.11) @ 4.30 PM.

I will post the pics and more details tomorrow.

@Congrats Prajaa: Will be looking forward to your ownership experiences along with features.
Don't forget to get the PDI before delivery, take a print out.
Enjoy the car.

350Z

Core Team
Many Congratulations from a fellow '2011 Passat' owner pprajaa. Should be awesome in the 'Highline' trim - What color have you gone for?

I am really, really enjoying my Passat. it's a superb car - I am going to be driving from Mandi to Delhi in a week or so - looking forward to letting the 'Passat' rip on those 6 lane highways.

Congratulations once again and looking forward to reading your experiences.

Thread Starter #7
Many Congratulations from a fellow '2011 Passat' owner pprajaa....Should be awesome in the 'Highline' trim - What color have you gone for?

I am really, really enjoying my Passat....it's a superb car - I am going to be driving from Mandi to Delhi in a week or so - looking forward to letting the 'Passat' rip on those 6 lane highways.

Congratulations once again and looking forward to reading your experiences.
Mocha Anthracite is the color. Yeah i defiently wanted to go for Highline since parking and reversing is difficult in my city.

Do post pics and comments of your upcoming journey.

pprajaa Finally, do post lot pics, we all are waiting
Yes finally.[glasses]

Thread Starter #9
Guys i have take the delivery of Passat today evening about 7 PM. The delivery was delayed has the car was sent back to the workshop for changing of the rear mirror's sun film.

The show room is located in one of the busy roads (Shopping area) here in chennai, so it was a difficult ride back home, that too many people coming back after dewali shopping. will post the pics in few mins

Thread Starter #10
The Photos, sorry for the quality couldn't find my digi camera when i started from home..

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Some pics of the interior of the car. Will try to take some good pics with my DSLR this weekend. Guys do post your comments.

After taking the delivery of the car, i crawled through heavy traffic. Then Filled about 60 liters of diesel in the car. It is my first diesel car, so add a nice feeling of spending less already. P.S i spend the almost same amount to fill petrol in my polo.

Then to temple, did Pooja. While returning back home tried to step on the gas and reached 100 KPH in few seconds that too in D mode. Have to try S mode later on only. The ride home from showroom was good.

So far these are comments on the car. Good noise isolation in the car. I never felt i was driving a diesel car. I used front parking sensors, the reverse camera and sensors. They are very helpful. Yet to use curze control or automatic parking. It was actually difficult to lock the car, you should press a button in the front door handle while locking in the remote, it kinda of a new thing for me.

Will post more feedback later.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi pprajaa many many congratulation on bringing the beauty home!
Do take care of her and keep us posted about your delivery experince, and Initial ownership experience with loads of good quality images!
Congratulations again! I am the first one to do so that too at 2.26 am...ha ha ha

Many congrats on your new German beauty. Passat is a car that has inspired many. Do share your thoughts on the beauty as time progresses and keep uploading new photos.

BTW, Cruising in Chennai traffic is a pain and especially during weekends its a nightmare. Glad that you were able to touch 100 mark.

Happy Motoring!!!

I'm sure you will enjoy this awesome piece of 'German Engineering' pprajaa....today i went on a long drive (about 60 km roundtrip) in my Passat - drove out of Mandi on the NH towards Manali - gentle slopes, good tarmac and nice straights followed by some stretches of ascending roads with a lot of potholes and this car drives like a dream - I am very very impressed and feeling happier with my purchase of the 'Passat' everyday. I have never enjoyed driving any car so much out of the numerous vehicles i have owned over the past 20 years.

Top Bottom