My New Tata Safari Storme LX a.k.a CARBONADO

Thread Starter #317
Your storme looks great! Very well maintained. Did you change tyres as it completed 5 years or were the old tyres worn out?
Well my tires were worn out, esp the front ones, that happened in 46K km itself. probably I have been driving too much in city, lots of braking, and since I fill nitrogen I generally never bothered to check the pressure regularly, Also the wheel alignment was not regularly done, once an year I used to do.

Probably all these factors accelerated the wear out of my tyres.
Also since the age was more than 5 years I felt I should change them at the earliest.

Thread Starter #318
Now did some more bling for my car, can't call it bling for car but for me. Got a flip key for my car.

Went to concord motors, Chennai, got a spare flip key, which is offered to New Storme, got it computer cut from key cutter, came back to service center, and got it paired with my car.

Now it works flawlessly and I am happy, looks good as well.
IMG-20180922-WA0013.jpeg

Also the same day I went to see around places nearby so went to Mahabalipuram. The Drive was awesome. Lovely road at some part you see the sea about 300 m from road, lovely to drive on that.

Attached a few pics of that trip as well.
SAVE_20180924_172139.jpeg
IMG_20180922_162656.jpg
IMG_20180922_164030-01.jpeg
IMG_20180922_222950.jpg

Went to concord motors, Chennai, got a spare flip key, which is offered to New Storme, got it computer cut from key cutter, came back to service center, and got it paired with my car.

Now it works flawlessly and I am happy, looks good as well.
Total Cost :please:
I want to do same for a spare Flip Key for Tigor. It is also available at BodMoo website.

Thread Starter #320
Total Cost :please:
I want to do same for a spare Flip Key for Tigor. It is also available at BodMoo website.
Hi Anshuman,
The Key FOB costs 1645 inclusive of Taxes, You can get it from Tata motors itself. Then the Key has to be cut, from outside, Computer cutting is suggested. That costs around 200 in Hyderabad and 400-500 in Chennai.
Then key has to be paired ensure that you get your old key as well (if you are using it. Else the old key will be rendered useless) The pairing again costs higher in Chennai compared to Hyderabad. Chennai it seems is an A+ city category where as Hyderabad falls in A which is again around 600

So all in all, it would be around 1645 + 400 + 600 for the key.

If you get it done outside, using the original Tata FOB key, then in Chennai, it is 1645 + 1000. But not sure how genuine that will be.

Thread Starter #322
One Observation made with regards to the flip keys.

I feel, that the flip key has lesser range than the ordinary key. So some details such as
If I use the non flip or standard key, the remote unlocking/locking works fine even from around 150 feet. However with the flip key the remote operates at around 30-40 feet only. Wonder what could be the problem. Or that flip key has a lower range than the standard non flip key?
Non flip key is around 2 years old, the flip key is around 1 month old. Both have decent battery power.

Need to check why.

Thread Starter #323
My Carbonado completed 6 years in July.
ODO reading is 51055 pretty less compared to the other beasts. Theres not much of driving once I moved to Chennai, car is driven only during weekends, that too for house hold errands. No trips nothing. Hopefully things will change next year.

Few things I did were ,

1. did the 3 M car polish and interior cleaning 15 days ago. The car looks great, like new, interiors have also become bright. They did service the AC but found no much difference between previous and current functioning of AC. Cooling is unchanged. But for this ACservicing I will rate 3M 3.5/5 . the package cost me 15K which includes 2 wax and wash for the car during the year.

2. My low beams went kaput almost within span of 1 week and due to my procrastination I had to drive back home on high Beams. Had spares in my trunk and which were the stock ones provided by Tata when I bought the beast. Replace them myself,. but the thing is that I see a strange beam pattern which throws out 2 parallel 10 inch thick beams on road so it looks like 'I I' with a curved 'w' at the bottom, I believe its got to do with the adjustment of the beam focus. Did not bother to change it though, will try to put in some effort during the weekend till then will be driving with II beams.

Will post the pics of my beast shortly...

Thread Starter #325
ODO 53655
Car is doing great, plan to put it for service in Dec.Approx estimate provided is around 9500 plus taxes. Oil change, coolant change, air filter oil filter change.

Finally got the headlights Re-aliged. Went to Lakshmi Tata, KArapakkam Chennai. Initially, they did nothing and said we have adjusted the headlights. I was kind of shocked. Asked to get another car compare the throws. Then the mechanic did adjust them. So basically they know to do the job but try to be lazy and do a hotchpotch job of it. Good thing is that they don't mind us with the vehicle in the service center, I appreciate this aspect. I know this could be bit dangerous.

Plan doing Chennai Mumbai trip during end of the year. or early January.

Thread Starter #327
We're a group of SUV owners driving to Sikkim from various states including TN in Dec, wanna join in?
Hey Chetak, Sikkim Let and Bhutan are some of the trip that are there on my wish list. its about 6 year old list now. How long do you think the trip would be? Guess around 15 days. in that case it would be challenge to get that long a leave. Flips sides of being a white collared laborer.

Hey Chetak, Sikkim Let and Bhutan are some of the trip that are there on my wish list. its about 6 year old list now. How long do you think the trip would be? Guess around 15 days. in that case it would be challenge to get that long a leave. Flips sides of being a white collared laborer.
The planned drive ex-Gangtok is 4 days including 2 nightsat Gangtok to allow ample rest and local sightseeing.

Which city are you based out of?

Top Bottom