My New Tata Safari Storme LX a.k.a CARBONADO

Re: My New Storme LX a.k.a CARBONADO

Hi Viky,

From where did you get the NBs installed in Hyderabad? i also got it done at Pitstop but the guys there have messed up the bulb alignment.

Thread Starter #287

Hi Viky,

From where did you get the NBs installed in Hyderabad? i also got it done at Pitstop but the guys there have messed up the bulb alignment.
I purchased them from autotrends and got them fitted by Tejaswi motors. only the High beam bulbs were replaced. The low beams (projectors) were untouched.

okay, how much was the cost? it costed me 2400 for a pair.. expensive i guess.
Am thinking of going in for 130/100 or Hella 4000 rallye lights as i find these insufficient for highways

Thread Starter #290

okay, how much was the cost? it costed me 2400 for a pair.. expensive i guess.
Am thinking of going in for 130/100 or Hella 4000 rallye lights as i find these insufficient for highways
Well if you go for higher wattage theres higher heating, Like BHVM said it will surely ruin the bulb holders (generally made of plastic for lower 55w bulbs.) The lens will also become dull over period of time.

I used 55w Nightbreakers itself and that too for high beam. The normal lights are still the stock ones.

I think BHVM link is pretty useful fr uppgrading to a higher lumens.

Thread Starter #291

Hi DIY gurus, Need your help,

Recently ie yesterday, I had my projector bulbs changed to H7 Osram Cool Blue. the Light is good, powerful that the stock Osrams ones however, What I have done is alignment is completely gone.

how do i align the head light bulbs. what I have done is fit the bulbs exactly the way I had removed it the notch is in same position as it was for earlier bulbs. However, throw is like squint eyed person.
[frustration]

bhvm

Honoured Member

if you look carefully, there is a screwdriver tap on the headlight backside where you can align. you'll need 4 sided screw driver

Thread Starter #293

[ODO - 24716 km]

An update after a longtime. Just made a 1040 km Hyd- Hampi - Hyd trip. the car gave me an average of 14 kmpl for the Hyd to Hampi leg. It included a sedate driving of upto 110 kmph on the highways, travelling in hampi terrains with frequent stops at various monuments and around the village roads with AC on all the time. I have driven only about 15 km without AC during the entire trip.

However, I noticed on a instance on the Hyd- Bangalore road near Kurnool where the brake pedal jerked a bit, and second time on the Hampi-Bellary route when the car drifted over rumbling patch when the jerk was much severe.

I was stunned and thought that some thing bad has happened however, I googled to know that it could have been an ABS Kickback. Now i need to know from you all is that have you ever felt such a jerk on brakes ever? IF it is indeed abs kick back what is the cause of that?

I had just the day before got my car serviced and wheel rotation and alignment done.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

ABS kickback can happen on Uneven terrain or when going roughly over speed breakers.

It is much more pronounced on my i10 when approaching a speed breaker- IF you keep the brake pedal TILL your wheels hit the breaker, Jerks are much more prominent.

I've have'nt felt such in XUV.

Thread Starter #295

ABS kickback can happen on Uneven terrain or when going roughly over speed breakers.

It is much more pronounced on my i10 when approaching a speed breaker- IF you keep the brake pedal TILL your wheels hit the breaker, Jerks are much more prominent.

I've have'nt felt such in XUV.
yes I was going over the rumbling strips and applied the brakes when I was going over them. But this was first time i experienced it my storme. Never felt that before. Should I take this a normal behaviour or should I get it checked?

bhvm

Honoured Member

Yep Normal,
Brake beforehand as much as required and LEAVE the brake pedal before you hit breakers. It apparently is good for your brakes and tyres too.

Thread Starter #300

An update finally after a long long gap of 6 months.

Current ODO reading 28867 KM
My beast is due to complete 3 years this July.

Issues so far:
None as yet
Infact I had a feeling that clutch as gone, then felt that suspensions have become hard. However in my recent trip to vikarabad i tested the beast to close to limits. And aal iz well (it seems)

Sudden acceleration with RPM around 2.5-3K, mild off roading, sudden braking. it behaved very very beautifully. In city driving though i felt the beast has a bumpy ride.

Will get the suspension checked.

So my experience with my storme, simply love it. Will I buy another one in the future when its time to change my current ride, an Emphatic Yes.

Now few things that i need to do:
1. Renew the insurance. Will need to do it in coming week itself.

Coming back to Vikarabad trip, attaching some snaps of that trip with my friends. Let me see who all can you identify

1.jpg

2beasts.jpg

2some.jpg

dew.jpg

<the pics below are clicked by my friend Avi. >
2.jpg

mystorme.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom