My New Tata Safari Storme LX a.k.a CARBONADO

Re: My New Storme LX a.k.a CARBONADO

About the wiring being different, there are a lot of cases where Maruti is using a different ECU and wiring altogether in the lower variants.

Get the wiring checked from a local auto electrician just to make sure that the information given by the SA was correct or not.I sometimes find these SA's very lazy and just because he didnt find the wires he could have said it is not present.

Seat covers would be good if you have children, the stock covers will get dirty within no time.Try to get something that looks just like the stock seats.

Just check the underbody to make sure that the underbody is actually coated.

Underbody coating is not only to protect against water.Stone chips cause corrosion as well.If the paint work gets chipped off due to stones it will corrode over time.You can get the underbody treatment done at places like 3M, never get it done at the dealer.

For paint protection treatment I dont think paying 5-10k is advisable.

I would suggest you to buy a bottle of DG105 and a Carnauba Wax. Since it is a brand new car you wouldnt need have to do claying before polishing.

DG105 costs around 1200rs and one application is good for an year.

let me know if you want more details.

I have done it on my XUV this weekend itself and the car is shining more than it did on the day of delivery.

Thread Starter #33

For paint protection treatment I dont think paying 5-10k is advisable.

I would suggest you to buy a bottle of DG105 and a Carnauba Wax. Since it is a brand new car you wouldnt need have to do claying before polishing.

DG105 costs around 1200rs and one application is good for an year.

let me know if you want more details.

I have done it on my XUV this weekend itself and the car is shining more than it did on the day of delivery.
Whooa.. Kinshuk, can you tell me more on the DG 105 and carnuba wax? Also what do you mean by term "Claying"?

A small piece of clay is used to remove surface grime that is not removed by normal washing.This is done before polishing so that the grime is not rubber around and the paint is not damaged.

Congratulations Vikram for sharing your experience. I am a new entrant to this forum and soon transitioning to a SUV. Still swinging in between Storm and XUV..have few weeks with me before I nail on my decision. @the moment taking a great learning from each of your experience.

Happy riding..

Thread Starter #36

Congratulations Vikram for sharing your experience. I am a new entrant to this forum and soon transitioning to a SUV. Still swinging in between Storm and XUV..have few weeks with me before I nail on my decision. @the moment taking a great learning from each of your experience.

Happy riding..
Hi Suhas, Thank you very much for your wishes. Both are very good vehicles. Both have niggles and issues.

There is a very good thread on comparision of both these vehicles. Kindly refer to it.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...a-storme-vs-mahindra-xuv5oo-one-choose-2.html

Also there are multiple ownership reviews that our forum members have written, this is first hand account of the vehicle experience. this should help you in choosing your beast.

Happy hunting!!!

Hi Vikram,

Congrats on the big purchase mate!!

The car is a looker and is can be termed as a 1 BHK house on four wheels.

BTW the pics add some nice bling to the thread, so I just request you to keep them rolling!!

Thread Starter #38

Hi Vikram,

Congrats on the big purchase mate!!

The car is a looker and is can be termed as a 1 BHK house on four wheels.

BTW the pics add some nice bling to the thread, so I just request you to keep them rolling!!
Thanks Rahul, it is indeed very spacious from inside. and Yes can call it 1BHK house on 4 wheels.

Currently I am so tied up with work, that I can get some time off for my new beauty only on week ends. Well my wife is now really frustrated. my attention to her on weekends is now divided ;)

BTW I m now planning on doing some kind of paint protection. I already have nice white lines (3 in nos) on my Bonnet already. Thanks to my Watchman who washes/ wipes the car. the culprit was some idiotic ring he was wearing. Now I clean the car.
Last week had enquired at 3M, they are expensive. Then got some leads from Kinshuk.
I am trying for Duragloss 105 TPP (costs around $10.5 on amazon but sadly they dont deliver to India)
Mothers FX SnyWax cost around 1100 or there abouts for a 500ml bottle.

I have read reviews on net where Duragloss and Synwax are equally good paint protectant selants.

Thread Starter #40

Have you tried Meguiar's detailing products?
I am very naive when it comes to car detailing products. Infact for me only formula 1 (Carnuba wax) existed when it came to polishing the car. Never bothered on other high /performance stuffs.[embarass]
I had always used formula1 wax on my Wagon R. I used to wash the car with Surf and then wax with Formula 1. I used to be happy.

But lately around 2 days ago, I was introduced to DG 105 by Kinshuk, and then I found out that there are brands like Duragloss, Mothers, Meguiar's etc. which specializes in providing car detailing chemicals.
From the research based on net i have come to conclusion that DG105 or Mothers Synwax reportedly seems to be working at par.
DG 105 I believe is not available freely, however, I am able to get Synwax. That is where I am on car detailing.

Last edited:

zengetz

Suspended

Congrats on the buy Vicky and welcome to the pains of maintaining a black car. Before you indulge in any Paint protection/ sealant scheme pl understand this will not make it immune to any scratches of swirl marks.

However, there are a few things taht you can do to reduce the risk of inviting these infamous swirls.

First get a few microfiber towels and use them to wipe your car after a wash.
Keep your watchman away from cleaning - unless he follows the microfiber cleaning regime
NEVER dry clean a car with any cloth whatsoever, jopasu dusters get swirls too.

Wash the car once a week only with Meguirs NXT Wash using a microfiber mitt and wipe it dry with a MF towel.

For wax since the car is new, you can use Meguairs NXt tech wax 2.0. Do it once a month .
Alternatively, you can use Collinite845 too. Let me knwo if you need help sourcing it. I can let you have some for an initial coat.

P.S the fine lines that your watchman has introduced can be got rid off.

Where do you live in Hyd ? We could perhaps meet ?

I'm close to Sainikpuri.

P.S: I'm looking to buy an SUV this year and am pretty zeroed in on the storme - No guesses its gonna be black too :)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42

Congrats on the buy Vicky and welcome to the pains of maintaining a black car. Before you indulge in any Paint protection/ sealant scheme pl understand this will not make it immune to any scratches of swirl marks.

However, there are a few things taht you can do to reduce the risk of inviting these infamous swirls.

First get a few microfiber towels and use them to wipe your car after a wash.
Keep your watchman away from cleaning - unless he follows the microfiber cleaning regime
NEVER dry clean a car with any cloth whatsoever, jopasu dusters get swirls too.

Wash the car once a week only with Meguirs NXT Wash using a microfiber mitt and wipe it dry with a MF towel.

For wax since the car is new, you can use Meguairs NXt tech wax 2.0. Do it once a month .
Alternatively, you can use Collinite845 too. Let me knwo if you need help sourcing it. I can let you have some for an initial coat.

P.S the fine lines that your watchman has introduced can be got rid off.

Where do you live in Hyd ? We could perhaps meet ?

I'm close to Sainikpuri.

P.S: I'm looking to buy an SUV this year and am pretty zeroed in on the storme - No guesses its gonna be black too :)
Hi zengetz, Thanks you very much for your assistance. I live in Madhapur. It would be very good idea to meet. Infact since one week, I am trying to meet up with RK (Gurrala74). May be this weekend I would try and meet up. I have asked for Synwax from one shop (MotoMinds) near my home . I have read reviews about (synwax) it and it seems to be good. I have also go one MF towel which is now being used for wiping my car.

All the best on your SUV purchase. Personally I am very happy with Storme. Have not done any long rides though, but, even in city traffic it is pleasure driving.

ODO reading 350KM,
===============
Finally got some time off on the week end. I did the following additions in my Carbonado.

1. Autocop, reverse sensors (with LeD display)
2. 3M Mats
3. Fitted with 100/90 Philipss cool blue headlights

What I could not do
1. Fog lamps. I had been to Concorde motors authorised spareparts and service center. Though they had the fog lamps, the Storme LX does not have the wiring that is enabled for fitting fog lamps. It called for making holes here and there and fitting additional switches for the same. I was not interested in doing any damages to the car. Hence dropped the idea.
2. The console watch, again same thing, cannot fit the watch in the console.

@Mukesh, I stand corrected, we cannot fit Fog lamps and watch in Storme LX. it is not possible but tampering with electricals is required which TASS will not do.

I also enquired about the 3M Paint protection film. it costs a whopping 70K. @Vijay, you were right, I had made a mistake in multiplication.
They had couple of packages, for Storme, front and rear bumpers and door edges, and rear view mirrors. This costs around 17K incl of taxes.

they also have a wash and polish package costing around 8K. All they would do is wash the car clean and apply some coat of liquid which protects the car color from UV rays.

Have not yet taken any decision on it.

Attached are some interior pics of my beast. Hope you like it.

View attachment 98210

View attachment 98211

View attachment 98212

View attachment 98213

View attachment 98214

View attachment 98215

View attachment 98216

View attachment 98217

View attachment 98218

View attachment 98219

View attachment 98220

View attachment 98221

View attachment 98222

View attachment 98223

View attachment 98224

View attachment 98225
Thanx Vicky for the pictures buddy . The interiors of storme though spartan look very classy . Infact the lx. Ex interiors looks fat better then the vx also . The black , silver beige combo looks great . [clap]

Hi Vikyjoshi,

The process that I follow is as follows:

1. First dust the car using a Jopasu Duster Jopasu - Car Duster - Buy Car Care Products Online | Snapdeal.com. It helps in removing the loose dust without scratching the car.

2. Completely wet the car with water using pressure hose or bucket of water.
3. Clean the alloys and tyres using car shampoo and a rough brush.
4. Wash the car using a mixture of car shampoo and water. Use a Microfibre towel for doing it.
5. let the shampoo solution sit for a couple of minutes to loosen the dirt
6. rub the car using micorfibre to remove the stains.
7. remove the shampoo mixture using water. same as above either pressure hose or buckets.
8. use a different microfibre towel to wipe the car dry. this might take 3-4 microfibre towels to dry it completely
9. Clay the whole car using water and Insta finish clay bar. this removes minute dirt, oversprays, paint marks etc. etc. Insta Finish Clay Bar Blue - online car care products
10. wipe the car again with microfibre towel to remove any clay deposit
11. Apply DG105 using an applicator pad. Duragloss 105 + One DG Foam Pad
12. buff it out using a different micorfibre towel.
13, apply any kind of carnauba wax. Armor All - Protectant Wax - 500ml (Get Free Armor All - Microfibre Cloth - 40cm x 40cm Worth Rs. 325) - Buy Car Care Products Online | Snapdeal.com
14. buff it out using a different microfibre towel.

The steps number 9-12 are required only during annual maintenance
Waxing is recommended twice a month.

even if you use Jopasu duster for regular cleaning the car will keep on shining.

pointers to be noted:

try not to park the car in sun for long periods. if you have uncovered parking use a body cover.

the products in the link are the ones which i am using, there are other alternates as well.

Top Bottom