My New Tata Safari Storme LX a.k.a CARBONADO

Re: My New Storme LX a.k.a CARBONADO

Its a Mountain Rescue Vehicle. My Personnel Favorite[:D]

One Good news. Safari Storm will use raptor platform to lost weight and will be launched in 2018
But TATA sells same Safari Brand till 2018 is not a good option. They should bring atleast 3 to 4 SUV/MPV segment other than TATA Safari series.

Hi Joshi, how is your ownership going on. satisfied?
Also, is it worth to take gold AMC?
Do we get that NEWS sticker for bonnet in safari showroom, or need to search outside market.

Thread Starter #260

Hi Joshi, how is your ownership going on. satisfied?
Also, is it worth to take gold AMC?
Do we get that NEWS sticker for bonnet in safari showroom, or need to search outside market.
Well, I had taken gold AMC and basically in two services the major one being the 15k service where oil changes are done, you dont get charged. but then you have to shell out around 15k for AMC.

I did opt for AMC which I feel is good and bad. If you are novice, and buying the car for the first time, then AMc gives you peace of mind. Else, just opting for the warranty should be good enough.

With regards to the NEWS sticker ( if I mistake not thats the magnetic compass sticker?) then that is part of Safari Explorer edition decal which you get in Tata motors showroom itself. there are two of them, one on the bonnet and other much smaller can be stuck on the sides or back of your car.

As of date, I am now closing on 20K KM (19200 to be precise) mark. In this association of 21 months I have spent around Rs 162 + AMC amount on the car.

I have got following things changed (left exhaust assembly costing around 7K) I guess I have issue with my clutch its kind of getting hard. Will get it checked. Basically the pickup is not an issue but just getting the feel that clutch has become hard.
Other than that I have had some issues around the niggles like door rattles. but apart from that nothing.

I am loving every km ride I have with my beast.

Last edited:

With regards to the NEWS sticker ( if I mistake not thats the magnetic compass sticker?) then that is part of Safari Explorer edition decal which you get in Tata motors showroom itself. there are two of them, one on the bonnet and other much smaller can be stuck on the sides or back of your car.
Yes exactly, i was talking about magnetic look alike sticker. If it is available aftermarket or in showroom as accessories, then why don't storme owners get it. Is it not looking good. I see 2 stormes in my office with these stickers and it was looking good.

As of date, I am now closing on 20K KM (19200 to be precise) mark. In this association of 21 months I have spent around Rs 162 + AMC amount on the car.
Good, still it is less than 1000rs per month maintenance. Glad to know that.
I am just giving a cheer up reason to my heart by taking all these positive nodes [:)]

I have got following things changed (left exhaust assembly costing around 7K)
So half of the AMC is recovered [:D]

Other than that I have had some issues around the niggles like door rattles. but apart from that nothing.

I am loving every km ride I have with my beast.
These are the known ones like ups and downs of our daily life and we still love to live.

P.S - i am just waiting for face-lift version of storme, if that is good looking with not a spike in price, then will go for that, else will continue to the old storme smiley grill.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #262

An update after really long gap.

ODO: [20600 KM]

Issues:
Bit of issue with rear hatch door. Not closing with thud I expect. Exhaust replaced (broken due to freak accident I guess) under AMC/ Warranty. charge was Zero.
Squeaking in wheels, it happens every now and then, little bit of cleaning of the brake pads and the sounds vanishes.

My vehicle:
its now 2 years and 20600 km on odo the beast is as good as new. No modifications have been done yet. Everything is stock. Yes, seat covers are artleather ones, theres 3M styled mats put, and have put LED bulbs instead of the yellow lights in roof.

After two years I feel that this is the best vehicle in class and absolutely bang for buck.
I guess this has help me save atleast 2 lakhs minimum. here is why:

How Tata Storme 2013 is a practical cars and bang for buck.

I have base variant in storme. This base variant has ABS, Power steering all 4 power windows. The bells and whistles like Projector HIDs, Fog demisters, stylised steel rims. Decent Music system (Alpine) which has Bluetooth connectivity, Aux, MP3, CD player. The Instrument cluster has basic details. The AC is chiller. The same power for engine, electric rear ovrms, remote central locking, puddle lamps, follow me home lights (yes useful feature when in remote locations), Autodoor lock while driving, Door Ajar inidicators, immobiliser, anti theft alarm. No need to opt for higher variant unlike Scorpio and duster. Save me close to a lakh of rupees

This serves the purpose for almost every buyer. no need for any modification required on this car.

the ICE though not 2DIN does have bluetooth connectivity and can connect my phone to recieve and make call. Apart from hearing radio, MP3 songs thru disc, USB and also aux input. Saved me 20K on ICE upgrade.

I has stylised Steel rims which are factory painted silver. This saves around 35K going in for Alloy wheels. The other cars like XUV or Scorpio have black steel rims fitted with plastic cap. Every reason to go for Alloys.

The tyres are Bridgestone duelers which I feel are by far the best SUV tyres. No need to bother for 40 -50 K kms.This would save me anything close to 40K

the bulbs are Osram bulb, these last really long and donot fuse easily. I had replaced with philips ones but they fused out very quickly. Now back to the stock Osrams. This saves around 2K.

The headlight has projectors for lowbeam and very good highbeam with reflectors. No need to do any modification to headlight. Saves me another 4K minimum to upgrade to 100W with wiring and cutouts / relays.

Plus what you get is sheer pleasure of driving. Though the looks are subjective, Storme to me looks like a Royal, classy, beautiful powerful beast. Best looking vehicle in the indian car industry (save the evoque)

I advice you to take or upgrade the gold AMC, as clutch in my car also feels harder.

the ASS have said they will change the clutch under AMC gold. other wise would cost 12k+.

In general the wear and tear items is not covered under standard warranty. like clutch, brake pads, bushes, wipers and mounts plus many others, AMC only can save us from taking hit.

Last edited:

The earlier version of Lx had almost everything one would need. Didnt knew the ICE in Lx came with bluetooth connectivity. [thumbsup]
What is the AMC duration that you have? Was it for 2 years?
Any idea of the renewal charges?

Last edited:

AMC i took was for 4years/50,000kms. it costed Rs.39,400/-.

It can be renewed before the existing policy expires. the cost depends on the duration, but PLEASE DO TAKE IT.

An update after really long gap.

ODO: [20600 KM]

Issues:
Bit of issue with rear hatch door. Not closing with thud I expect. Exhaust replaced (broken due to freak accident I guess) under AMC/ Warranty. charge was Zero.
Squeaking in wheels, it happens every now and then, little bit of cleaning of the brake pads and the sounds vanishes.

My vehicle:
its now 2 years and 20600 km on odo the beast is as good as new. No modifications have been done yet. Everything is stock. Yes, seat covers are artleather ones, theres 3M styled mats put, and have put LED bulbs instead of the yellow lights in roof.

After two years I feel that this is the best vehicle in class and absolutely bang for buck.
I guess this has help me save atleast 2 lakhs minimum. here is why:

How Tata Storme 2013 is a practical cars and bang for buck.

I have base variant in storme. This base variant has ABS, Power steering all 4 power windows. The bells and whistles like Projector HIDs, Fog demisters, stylised steel rims. Decent Music system (Alpine) which has Bluetooth connectivity, Aux, MP3, CD player. The Instrument cluster has basic details. The AC is chiller. The same power for engine, electric rear ovrms, remote central locking, puddle lamps, follow me home lights (yes useful feature when in remote locations), Autodoor lock while driving, Door Ajar inidicators, immobiliser, anti theft alarm. No need to opt for higher variant unlike Scorpio and duster. Save me close to a lakh of rupees

This serves the purpose for almost every buyer. no need for any modification required on this car.

the ICE though not 2DIN does have bluetooth connectivity and can connect my phone to recieve and make call. Apart from hearing radio, MP3 songs thru disc, USB and also aux input. Saved me 20K on ICE upgrade.

I has stylised Steel rims which are factory painted silver. This saves around 35K going in for Alloy wheels. The other cars like XUV or Scorpio have black steel rims fitted with plastic cap. Every reason to go for Alloys.

The tyres are Bridgestone duelers which I feel are by far the best SUV tyres. No need to bother for 40 -50 K kms.This would save me anything close to 40K

the bulbs are Osram bulb, these last really long and donot fuse easily. I had replaced with philips ones but they fused out very quickly. Now back to the stock Osrams. This saves around 2K.

The headlight has projectors for lowbeam and very good highbeam with reflectors. No need to do any modification to headlight. Saves me another 4K minimum to upgrade to 100W with wiring and cutouts / relays.

Plus what you get is sheer pleasure of driving. Though the looks are subjective, Storme to me looks like a Royal, classy, beautiful powerful beast. Best looking vehicle in the indian car industry (save the evoque)
what is your FE on highway ?

Thread Starter #267

what is your FE on highway ?
Have not checked the FE but last I checked (about 2 months ago) I was getting around 13.7 kmpl with full AC on.

tomorrow i am planning for a trip to srisailam with full load. 4 member but pretty heavily built. will calculate the FE and update.

your carbonado indeed looks Fab. well maintained vehicle i must say. wish you many more happy miles. what happened to the trip to srisailam and what were the FE Figures. interested in knowing it.

Thread Starter #270

your carbonado indeed looks Fab. well maintained vehicle i must say. wish you many more happy miles. what happened to the trip to srisailam and what were the FE Figures. interested in knowing it.
Well, my srisailam trip got cancelled at the very last moment. I however did a tank full and have driven around 250 odd kms in City. and the indicator is hovering around half mark. Will do another tank full inthe city however, considering that approx its 250/27.5 which is 9 kmpl in city with AC all the time. Its office commute for me so its in moderate to hight traffic conditions.

Top Bottom