My New Tata Safari Storme LX a.k.a CARBONADO

Thread Starter #332
We have 3 vehicles driving from Chennai and ex-Chennai it is a 12 day trip with adequate halts and rest stops for all. Please feel free to send me a PM or an email on n.devdath@gmail.com.
Hope to see Carbonado playing in snow...!!
Hey Devdath, I will surely get in touch with you. There are some priorities apart from applying for leave at my work place. Will let you know. Chances are pretty less I would make it but will definitely give it a shot.

Thread Starter #333
ODO 56005

How time flies,

My Beast turned 7 this 9th July, Lockdown has infact made in go into hibernation, have run the beast for about 150KM in last 3 months since we had first lock down.

My beast looks and feels the same he was when we got him, (sorry for being Male Centric but cannot image Storme to be feminine)

Yearly service is pending, will try to get it serviced some time in the coming month or so.

As such there is no problem with the beast but now that its 7 year old, What moving part should be checked/replaced? if any stormers can shed light on would be highly appreciated.
few things on my mind are
1. timing belt
2. engine mounts

Regards
Vikram

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. timing belt
2. engine mounts
Thats a good list.
Apart form that you can check-
Alternator belts
All Oils Level. Its better to replace some like Clutch or Brake oil after so many years. Manual will have schedule on this.

Please do a Thorugh Rust Inspection under the carpets, Door trims, Underbody, Under seats , below door lace etc. Apply Rust converter or Varnish on Minor rust spots.

Thread Starter #335
Close to one year (and my car nearing 8 years old) from my previous posts yet have not done any repairs as yet owning to sheer expensive labour and majorly laziness on my part. the car has barely run for 3000 additional km during this period. Meanwhile my battery died and had to replace it. So the stock battery lasted for close to 7.5 years.

So some things i would want to highlight on this forum about longetivity of Tata cars.
  • The Stalks, buttons, and plastics are holding up well. Still look like new.
  • the paint still looks very fresh.
  • There has been wear and tear on the after market seat covers i had put, the aftermarket steering cover.
  • The OEM wear and tear are the Steeringwheel, plastic bits which has decolored. The gearknob leatherette covering as come out from one side. The driver seat angle knob plastic cover has given away and i have that metallic lever exposed.
  • Other than that, there has been no issues with any tiniest of the parts.

This is to all those who doubt the reliability of the Tata car. Yes we had indigo from 2008 and that car had lots of issuesonly around the power window switch. In our 8 years of ownership and close to 1.5 lacs km, the power window switch and window aligment were repaired around 5 times.
Here there are zero such mechanical problems.

Now what I have changed so far in the car:
1. Shock absorbers, got that changed.
2. Clutch assembly replaced around 30K mark, again now the clutch has become hard to will have to change it.
3. Wiper liquid dispensing motor had to be changed due to hard water sedimentation.
4. Exhaust pipe was broken got that changed under warranty.
5. put new horns sounding like the volkswagen. Coz the stock horns were not effective enough.

Thats about it.

Whats a review with any images? So here they are:
20210219-01-01.jpg

20210219-01-03.jpg

20210219-01-04.jpg

PS: Pleasse find my detailed onwership review here as well:

Long Term Ownership -Safari Storme -Autohead.in

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Very nicely maintained safari. Its not common to see 8 year young safari in this good condition. Your love for the car shows and it shows very clearly . It can be seen in each and every picture you posted.
I'm happy for you and your Safari. Wishing that you keep it for really long time.

Thread Starter #337
Very nicely maintained safari. Its not common to see 8 year young safari in this good condition. Your love for the car shows and it shows very clearly . It can be seen in each and every picture you posted.
I'm happy for you and your Safari. Wishing that you keep it for really long time.
Yes infact this one will be atleast for the next few years to come for few reasons:
My next SUV will be from Tata stable since I have become brand loyal unless ofcourse Mahindra bowls me over with thier new offering.
Logical upgrade of Safari is right now well beyond my budget
waiing for the now relaunched safari to look diferent from harrier. Drastically.

Thread Starter #339
View attachment 285510

Very well maintained! Still looking very nice . Looking at the paint quality , it can easily last long long time :-)
Absolutely,
I am super impressed with Paint quality.
Even the dashboard plastics, electricals, stalks, buttons, bulbs are also of high quality.

I feel that car has another half a decade to go very easily.

Top Bottom