My New Swift Dzire VDI Black - Accessories Advice

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

First of all, thanks for providing such a great platform to get information on automobiles & ask questions.

I am about to take the delivery of my new Swift Dzire VDI black colour in about a weeks time. I have decided on a few accessories for my new car, one of which is alloy wheels & tyre change.

I have done a lot of reading on this & have found a generally accepted fact is that what is more important is to change the tyre while alloys can wait for some time. I have decided on the tyres to be michellin energy xm1+ 185/70 R14.

Now what I am trying to decide on is the alloy wheels. I have searched a lot to see if I can get some idea as to which alloys would look good to my eyes on a black dzire, I found a few websites like the following:

Upgrade Garage - Wheel Search

Rial felgen DE

On the above websites you can actually select the manufacturer, model, colour of your car & then try different alloys on that to see which one you like the most. The problem is that both of the above are not for Indian manufacturers & none of them lists Maruti Suzuki :(

Hence, I am having a hard time deciding on which alloys I should choose. I have again searched on google, trying to looks at images...but could not find much out of that.

Can any of you pro's help me with a similar website which would allow me to do this with my Swift Dzire. I doubt there would be any such website, if that's the case, can I request you guys with black Swift Dzires & alloys to share some pictures so that I can make a well informed decision :)

BTW, this is just the beginning...Once I am done with the alloys, tyres I would look further for things like headlights change, Sun control film, Security system, Damping material, reverse sensors, seat covers, ICE...& would need your advise with them also.

Thanks again for your help in advance.

Hello Lagdatyagi welcome to TAI and first of all congratulation for your new car. Tyres , good choice Michelin xm1+ though costly provides great comfort and handling.

And for alloys rather than searching them online i would recommend you to check out the patterns available with your nearest tyre dealer. Because the patterns shown online may not be available with your dealer. Choose the one which suits your black Swift well.

And regarding your other upgrades there are some threads existing on some of them , feel free to go through them.

Hello Lagdatyagi,

Welcome to The Automotive India. Congrats for your new ride. Dont forget to share some pics of it.

And for alloys rather than searching them online i would recommend you to check out the patterns available with your nearest tyre dealer. Because the patterns shown online may not be available with your dealer. Choose the one which suits your black Swift well.
+1. Check out the designs with your nearest dealers. Websites show many designs which may have been discontinued. Best way is to check out with the dealer.
Regarding tires, i think you have already made a correct decision.

Thread Starter #4
Hi cooldhyaya,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have been checking alloy patterns available with my dealer, have been looking on the roads & taking pics using my mobile when I find a alloy of my liking, & have been looking on websites for pictures of swift Dzire with alloys. But the thing is, although the same alloys may look good in a white car they may not look that good in a black one. That was the reason I was asking for any website where I could try different alloys on my black dzire. If not, is there a thread which had Swift Dzire with different alloys.

I also requested members who have black dzire & alloys to share there car pics please.

You can check out the websites of Neo Wheels, Prestige Wheels, Lenso, etc. Just google these names and you will get the official web address.
Also have a look at various Alloy designs in TAI's Alloy Wheel Thread here.

Hi cooldhyaya,

Thanks for the quick response.

I have been checking alloy patterns available with my dealer, have been looking on the roads & taking pics using my mobile when I find a alloy of my liking, & have been looking on websites for pictures of swift Dzire with alloys. But the thing is, although the same alloys may look good in a white car they may not look that good in a black one. That was the reason I was asking for any website where I could try different alloys on my black dzire. If not, is there a thread which had Swift Dzire with different alloys.

I also requested members who have black dzire & alloys to share there car pics please.

Hmmm i think you are worried too much about the looks of your car with alloys.:smile: Don research too much , go for good branded alloys available with your dealer which suits your car. I don think anybody owns a black Dzire here but there is one member with black Swift , his name is Samkapur i guess. He has alloys in his car and they look good.

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for providing such a great platform to get information on automobiles & ask questions.

I am about to take the delivery of my new Swift Dzire VDI black colour in about a weeks time. I have decided on a few accessories for my new car, one of which is alloy wheels & tyre change.

I have done a lot of reading on this & have found a generally accepted fact is that what is more important is to change the tyre while alloys can wait for some time. I have decided on the tyres to be michellin energy xm1+ 185/70 R14.

Now what I am trying to decide on is the alloy wheels. I have searched a lot to see if I can get some idea as to which alloys would look good to my eyes on a black dzire, I found a few websites like the following:

Upgrade Garage - Wheel Search

Rial felgen DE

On the above websites you can actually select the manufacturer, model, colour of your car & then try different alloys on that to see which one you like the most. The problem is that both of the above are not for Indian manufacturers & none of them lists Maruti Suzuki :(

Hence, I am having a hard time deciding on which alloys I should choose. I have again searched on google, trying to looks at images...but could not find much out of that.

Can any of you pro's help me with a similar website which would allow me to do this with my Swift Dzire. I doubt there would be any such website, if that's the case, can I request you guys with black Swift Dzires & alloys to share some pictures so that I can make a well informed decision :)

BTW, this is just the beginning...Once I am done with the alloys, tyres I would look further for things like headlights change, Sun control film, Security system, Damping material, reverse sensors, seat covers, ICE...& would need your advise with them also.

Thanks again for your help in advance.
Hey Lagdatyagi, congratulations for owning a Dazzling Black beauty. You have considered the most appropriate Tyre size and believe me you will be definitely satisfied with this upgrade.
Well for the alloys part, if you just want to see how Dzire looks on different alloy designs I recommend you visit the wheel match section at Neowheels website here Welcome to Neo Wheels
Its an Indian Alloy wheel manufacturing company which does produce OEm wheels for few popular brands. Also at the same time I advise you to consider imported brands like HRS, Plati etc just because they have excellent fit and finish quality compared to Neo's. I too am a Dizre owner and I have chosen brand called Silver Line for my Beige Dzire. Here is the link for my thread and few pics of my ride on her new shoes http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ire-upgrade-alloys-suggestions-invited-8.html
Hope it helps you choose the best wheels for your ride. Enjoy[cheers]

Hey 'Lagdatyagi' first of all welcome to TAI.

And I must say you have choosen a very VFM car.[clap] We too have DZire VDi Silver and are enjoying each and every moment with the ride. I am sure you too will have a great time. But get ready to take special care of the BLACK Beauty.

Nways regarding your question; well its ones personal choice regarding the colour of alloys. Some prefer Machined Silver; some go for white; some go for Chrome and many go for black with chrome lip. So in short its a personal choice. Tyre size 180/70/14 is perfect for DZire. I too have recently changed the tyres to Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs! And I would suggest you to have a thought for this tyre also.

To make your work easy; I am posting some DZires from my collection; many are from net and some I have clicked it. Just check them out. [roll]

Here's A black ride with black rims and chrome lip!
01082010093.jpg
This looks awesome!

Here are some of the DZires which I have spotted!

Blue DZire VDi; silver rims and chrome lips; 15''
DSC03621.jpg

White DZire VDi with white rims; 15''
e63(059).jpg
e63(060).jpg

White VDi with liped rims. 14''
e63(083)%20copy.jpg

e63(086)%20copy.jpg

e63(087)%20copy.jpg

Rest Taken from net!

White DZire VDi with machined Black rims. 15''
21924_29390.jpg

White DZire VDi with silver rims. 15''
32222_181870.jpg

Black DZire with silver and white rims.
This one also looks HWAT!
02042010279.jpg

Red DZire VXi with alloys; 14''
DSC06086.jpg

Siver DZire VDi with machined Silver Rims; 15''
IMG_0802.jpg
IMG_06850.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Lagdatyagi,

Welcome to The Automtoive India.

I would even recommend you to check out the nearest shops rather than searching online.

Also check out the sites of Neo, Plati, HRS & few others for your ride.

Thread Starter #12
Thanks a lot guys for the responses. I am really thankful to all of you who took time out to post the replies. Special thanks to gears1313 for posting the pictures. The black dzire with those white alloys looks out of this world.

I was not able to update the thread because of some login issues with this website, but now I am on.

Just an update on my Dzire, unwillingly, but I think for good, I have postponed the delivery of my Dzire to January next year. One because I would have a 2011 model & second because I have ordered an upgrade to a zdi rather than a vdi. The showroom guy told me that there quota of cars had expired for this month & they had ordered a vdi for me. I thought though the ZDI is 80K costlier but is worth the upgrade because I love all the additional features.

Actually, yesterday evening I drove & the fog in Delhi is killing, hence, I would need the defogger. After browsing a few posts, I came to know that you cannot get the defogger fitted in the VDI without changing the windshield & all. Also, the Automatic Climate Control feature is convenient too. Also, the stalk alloys are pretty decent if not good. ABS is also a good addition which cannot be made otherwise to the VDI.

So considering all this I upgraded to a ZDI & now again the agonizing wait. So, now the question has changed from alloys to reverse parking sensors with camera.

This is important in my opinion is because I think the driver is completely blind while reversing a dzire because of the height of its rear.

So, the thing is as you would know I have 2 options, either go for a separate navigator (eg mapmyindia or garmin) with built in bluetooth+navigation+reverse parking camera, or the second option is to get the integrated stereo system removed & get a high end 2-DIN HU with all these feature's built in. I am kind of bent a little towards a separate navigation system because one I am not a very great music buff, so can live with the integrated stereo, or even if a better one is needed, can get a 1-DIN system instead of going for a expensive 2-DIN system, second, this would also be a more economical option. What do you guys think?

Any suggestions on the make of the navigator or stereo system?

Thanks a lot guys for the responses. I am really thankful to all of you who took time out to post the replies. Special thanks to gears1313 for posting the pictures.
My pleasure friend![embarass]
I must say you made a nice move. Congrats for the ZDi now. And yes spending 80k more is worth I think![roll]

I am kind of bent a little towards a separate navigation system because one I am not a very great music buff, so can live with the integrated stereo, or even if a better one is needed, can get a 1-DIN system instead of going for a expensive 2-DIN system, second, this would also be a more economical option. What do you guys think?
If you aint an audiophile, like you said best option is to go for a separate Navigator and live with the OE Music system. I would suggest "Mapmyindia" from the mentioned ones.

Any suggestions on the make of the navigator or stereo system?
Kindly post your budget so that our ICE gurus can suggest you the best options.

Last edited:
Its good that you have gone in for ZDi! When have they promised to deliver the car? And since you mentioned you are not an audiophile you can very well go for a navigator. Even i would suggest Maymyindia and the high end model with all the features you need costs around 18k i think , not sure though!

Top Bottom