My New Pioneer 1490UB !!

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone..

Got a pio 1490 ub installed with jvc 2 way speakers today in my i10.Must say the sq is way better that my friend's sony.It has a lot of cool features like loudness,folder browser,rear speaker to subwoofer swapping etc.. but it should also have had >3 band equilizer and speaker emulation features which the sony's upcoming models are having like gt44u.Also the models have 7 and even 8 band graphic eqs but mine has only bass mid and treble..

Anyways, the overall listening experience is very good.Any one having any suggestions for more sound customizations available with this head unit??

Thread Starter #4
Well its a DEH 1490ub. It costed me 4150 w/ b&w n 4000 w/o b&w.It takes about 30-40 seconds to read my 8 gb sony walkman so i think a normal pen drive wont take even that much time. However one problem i c here z that wen it plays an mp3 cd,if the song is not properly readable by the lens,it plays the song for about 1-2 sec n then comes to next song, which IDK is a problem with it or just the way it works.

The fm radio works perfectly fine. But the MW n SW dont catch any stations.I read on internet that some stereo systems require a radio antenna amplifier for AM singnals.. So any body has any idea on the sw n mw radio problem??

greetings mates.,
I own maruti 800., I bought this PIONEER 1490 UB just now.,
and i have two doubts
1.can i leave the front speaker leads without connecting anything(as I have only rear speakers) ., or should we connect any load to the front terminals., otherwise the amp might go OFF because of no load ???
2. can i connect the tweeters alone in the front channels or tweeters should not be connected separately in a channel ? (i.e., it should be connected across the speakers)?

Thread Starter #6
1. yes u can leave the front speaker leads dis connected.. it doesnt matter if any..

2. U can connect tweeters to front channel also.. but preferably should go with rear ones cos tweeters must be on same channels where speakers r connected for better sound quality..

BTW, Congo on ur new purchase :)

Thread Starter #7
Hi everyone

yesterday i noticed that my new hu is mounted on only 2 front screws and the back part of it which is heavier is putting load on the black spacer below it.. will it break the spacer or any other issue or its okay to keep it mounted as it is??

here z d pic to make it easier..

Even I've seen the spacer below bend in some cars due to HU's weight, but have never seen it break. So you should'nt be worried.

What you should be worried is about your HU's USB read times and CD playback issues. This is not typical pioneer behaviour, they are supposed to be fast and able to read any scratched CD. Sony head-units are infamous for bad read times and skipping. If I were you, I would ask for replacement or alternative model. For instance, JVC KD-X40 (Rs. 4.2k Full USB support, no CD) has excellent read times of less than 10 seconds on cold start and 5 seconds otherwise.
Read time for iPhone: 15 seconds on cold start, 10 seconds otherwise
Read time for Andoid: 10sec-5sec

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
But how do i mount the stereo in 4 screws?? the hu mounting brackets of i10 dont have all holes matching the pio's head units so is it ok if the hu is mounted only on 2 front screws and rear ones free??

Here z d pic..

Last edited:
Hi everyone

yesterday i noticed that my new hu is mounted on only 2 front screws and the back part of it which is heavier is putting load on the black spacer below it.. will it break the spacer or any other issue or its okay to keep it mounted as it is??

here z d pic to make it easier..

What HU is this? It's not Pio 1490UB for sure.

But how do i mount the stereo in 4 screws?? the hu mounting brackets of i10 dont have all holes matching the pio's head units so is it ok if the hu is mounted only on 2 front screws and rear ones free??

Here z d pic..

Again this is not Pio 1490 and this pic is even not of the same HU as you posted earlier. Post pics of your own HU only buddy.

This is Pio DEH 1490UB :

deh-1490ub-big_1.gif

And regarding your query of mounting the HU on 2/4 screws, it really is OK to mount it on 2 screws as far as those 2 are tight enough to hold the HU casing in place. What more you can make sure is that your HU has been flush mounted, i.e., slotted from behind the dash slot rather than pushed from front.

freakdude.

Last edited:
Pioneer 1490 UB has a manufacturing defect. The set gets rebooted very often. I have aken it to there service centre 4 times and after a long email battle they have replaced it with another defective set. "Beware" it has damaged my three USBs. Ther service centre are not easily approachable and you might end up with a damaged car parked in anarrow lane.

Top Bottom