My New Nissan Micra CVT (Blade Silver)

Congrats for your new car nirvaan. The micro threads are indeed not as many as other hatchbacks on forum which is why I am expecting a detailed ownership review along with tons of pictures. Keep crunching miles.

Congrats for your new car nirvaan. The micro threads are indeed not as many as other hatchbacks on forum which is why I am expecting a detailed ownership review along with tons of pictures. Keep crunching miles.
I am just enjoying it everyday......going for a long drive this month end so guess i would give a detailed review by september first week and ofcourse definitely with more pics for now i am just attaching a few [:D] sorry about the pic quality as it was taken on my fonepad.

Attachments

What exactly do you mean when you say the car lacked power ? Did you try to take a steep inclination with 4 adults on board ? And even then, did you slot the car in the gears at the right time ? Or you simply felt that the neighbouring I20/Swift was able to get past you in a hurry??

No offence, but what I want to really say, is that we must be careful when we are asking question about the power available from a car. We are talking about a 1200 cc car, albeit with detuned power figures to 67bhp. But then it will surely give you good fuel economy. How many times does one REALLY NEED power ? And especially in the city? Who are we trying to out-accelerate most of the time ?
Is the power so low that it is dangerous ? ( Even Nano doesnt have that problem AFAIK).
With the way our urban centers are getting congested, I'd settle for slightly less power and economy than more power without any purpose.
My Linea TJet potters around in the 1400rpm range at speeds of 50-70kph in Pune, thats the max I can go anywhere at any place in the city. Thats not even in the turbo-zone of the car. Even if I accelerate and try to outmanuever, the size of the car brings some limitation in terms of where exactly I can fit in the crowded group of cars at the next traffic light.
So I use my Micra CVT and I find it perfectly adequate for the job. Adequate power when needed, and smooth and economical. It is rated at 77bhp though, but hardly makes any difference in the city, and on most state highways. In any case it is unsafe to take such cars at over 100kph.
With respect to pick up, i am surprised!!! the TD car and my car seem to be totally different!!! The TD car was 2013 and mine is a 2014 and i could easily recognise the difference and the my car felt quicker, though i am no expert with technical stuff i think it mite be because of the kms on the TD car. Just got to know the TD car got banged when i went to pick up mine. I hope they get a latest replacement so prospective buyers dont walk away because of the slow pickup from TD car.[lol]

Bumping this thread..

Me and my brother are looking for a new hatchback automatic and we have already done TD of Brio VX AT and Micra CVT. We liked the overall package of Micra. Grand i10 AT is also being considered but not yet done TD of it. But grand i10 does not have any safety features.
Price difference between brio and Micra is very less (after discount on Micra).
I am located in Mumbai and we checked the Micra at Torrent Nissan.
One thing I am concerned about is the ASS of Nissan, especially in Mumbai.
Also price of parts and general service. I don't want to see my future car standing in Nissan workshop for non availability of parts and such reasons.

Such concerns sometimes tells me to go for most obvious option like Grand i10 as it's dealers and workshops are located in every nook and corner. Also I believe resale of Hyundai May be better than Nissan, I am may be wrong though.

I need car for city runs only and driving on WEH in Mumbai.

I rarely see any good reviews of Good ASS of Nissan and that really bothers me.

Btw what is the real world FE of the Grand i10 for city drives ? My usage won't be much so I don't think I should be much concerned about FE. The car won't even be driven daily.

Last edited:
Hi

I got my micra CVT in Jan 2014, so far it ran ~4000KM one service completed. I am getting a poor mileage. I am surprised to see some of the post where they get good mileage in city. When i drive in Bangalore traffic i get ~10 in high ways i get ~14 ( i do not drive in high ways). When ever i drive, i keep a check on RPM to make sure it does not cross 2.5K. Any tips to improve the milage please?

@Bala1.venkat I have completed more than 4000 kms on my Micra CVT in the last 11 months. It consistently gives 14.5 kmpl with AC on all the time within Pune city. I drive with a very light foot with no sudden acceleration or braking, engine rpm needle hovering 1500-1800 rpm band, though I don't keep an eye on tachometer all the time. I just try to drive real smooth. In a CVT or for that matter any automatic you don't have much control over engine rpm (unless it has a manual mode). The only time I see the needle going as high as 2500 rpm is during rare and really aggressive overtaking manoeuvres which I try to avoid. Having said all of that Bangalore traffic is far worse than Pune in most parts I guess, though it can get real bad in Pune as well, depending on the day (Puneites will know what I mean). Try switching off during long waits at traffic signals. That might help.

Thanks Ajith. WoW you get 14.5 [:)]
The traffic can really go very bad in bangalore where it takes ~1 Hr to cover 10 Kms. I will try to keep light foot but still i wonder if i can get 14.5 in bangalore.
Is it also something to do with the engine oil? I am a new to driving.. so not sure how it impacts any thoughts on this?
Again thanks Ajit for sharing your thoughts

@Bala1.venkat 1 hr for 10 kms is a lot of driving (and idling). Any car manual or automatic won't fare well on mileage in such bad traffic. In Pune it takes anywhere between 30-45 minutes for that kind of distance. On bad days and peak hours it can take an hour or more in Pune also, but that happens only once in a while. Your engine oil would have been changed in first service, so there should be no concerns there.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am from HYD, and have been using Micra CVT for past 2 months now, and it feels good. had some questions which i had not seen in the thread here. Clocked 1200+ Kms as of now.

1) Has any felt the need for more under thig support ? as holding the gas peddle lightly for longer duration causes some trouble, I am 5.11. I did some goggling and found that we can
get front portion of the drivers seat lifted in height which should give a little more support, has anyone thought of it ? any help is appreciated.
2) Do the brakes loosen a bit after a certain kms ? as sometimes I get a feel of the brakes are asking for more pressure from the feet to come to a stop in bumper to bumper traffic.

Regards,
Sudhir

Last edited:
@Sudhir_1982 I am 5'6'' and find the seating position on the Micra comfortable. I set it at the highest level possible and the front visibility is good but not as good as SUVs. I only wish the space between the accelerator pedal and brake pedal was lesser so you could shift from one to another without raising your foot off the floor, but I guess its kind of necessary to leave some gap for safety(so that you don't accidentally push the a-pedal for brakes, guess no car is made like that).

Brakes feel linear and consistent. In stop and go traffic the torque converter locks and unlocks constantly depending on speed. CVTs have fast locking torque converters (locking up at speeds as low as 10 kmph) and hence more efficient than conventional TC autos. Braking from a locked TC position might require slight more effort than braking from an unlocked TC position. That's what is causing a difference.

Last edited:
Hi Ajit, Thank you for the update, understand that it could be the torque converter, but i do not remember that being prominent on the test drive vehicle, any ways having a good sole shoes does cut down on the pressure.

Moving on to the under thig support, strange that no one has got it experienced as both the Sunny and Micra seem to have a flat out seat.. I had been to a car décors and he did say it was possible to add the support, but it might alter the way the seat looks, will see how it goes....

Regards,
Sudhir

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hii acehip. Can you tell me about the car's build quality and if any issues you faced. I have to buy a car for my dad and was thinking why not a automatic. At 6.5 on road this seems like a true vfm with most of the features.

Will take a td this Sunday. Heard there's a fresh model with new all black interiors. And what about maintenance ?

Thread Starter #59
Hii acehip. Can you tell me about the car's build quality and if any issues you faced. I have to buy a car for my dad and was thinking why not a automatic. At 6.5 on road this seems like a true vfm with most of the features.

Will take a td this Sunday. Heard there's a fresh model with new all black interiors. And what about maintenance ?
Hi, I have now completed 28000 km on the Micra. My observations thus far:
1) Almost 90 % driving in city areas, therefore the average fuel efficiency is around 13-14 kmpl. Extended driving without stop-go traffic will yield better numbers.

2) Engine is very smooth and refined, provided you give it gentle pedal inputs. It may appear a bit hesitant up to 30 kph, but then it accelerates in a linear manner till 60 kph, and that should be sufficient for most of our city usages.
3) Build quality is quite impeccable, no thuds, rattles, nothing coming off loose inside or outside the car. All components working properly.

4) Regarding maintenance, I had two issues i) the battery of the CVT tends to lose life earlier than its manual counterparts- thats because of several sources of consumption, apparently. So you are looking at battery replacement in about 24 months.
ii ) Recently I experienced an unusual vibration in the cooling fan, which may have been due to a wiring issue or an external object like a stone that may have impacted the fan motor. The radiator assembly was replaced under warranty, except for the shroud (cover) which cost 800 Rs.
Other regular maintenance is around 3000-4000 Rs , recommended every 6 months or 10000 km.
So overall, an inexpensive and reliable proposition for your father. Just dont expect it to overtake other cars quickly while on highways. And no, the 154mm GC does not make it scrape on speedbreakers or potholes.Thats the GC level under fully loaded conditions- just for the record.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
The car will be driven mostly by my dad only so driving style will be sedate. Won't be used for highways so no problem in that.
Gc won't be an issue sine he will drive it alone 80% of the time and athe max 2 people.
Thanks for your update. Have to consult with my dad after taking a td.

Top Bottom