My New Nissan Micra CVT (Blade Silver)

Thread Starter #31
Hey , sorry if that riled you up a bit. Was meant to be a more general take on how people perceive the driving caracteristcs of cars. I can assure you that 67 or 77 won't matter in the real world driving. Like I said, I have never really felt a huge difference when driving a 114bhp vs 77bhp in the city traffic .

To add to this, in my personal opinion any auto transmission car never matches to the power delivery of a manual transmission car when you want to push it at a sudden.

CVT behaves quite well if you take little time when you drive it from stand still situation as you have push it little gently and after that it glides away[:)]

First things first. One thing you need to realise is I already mentioned i am going for the car since its a good VFM and wasnt looking for outright performance. Second there is no way you can compare a 77bhp car and 67 bhp car and expect the same level of performance. With that being said, the car was not driven on any inclinations.Had 3 adults on board. There was no initial pick up when i slotted in the first gear and moved it. I used to have a 1999 Indica V2 DLX though it had similar power figures and being a diesel i felt it performed better. And FYI i am not someone who gets intimidated by an I20 or swift or even a Nano just because it swoops past me. I accept the fact i am not technically sound but i have experience in driving to know the difference when the car lacks power.
Please do not compare diesel car to petrol car especialy on inital power (torque?).

diesel cars have always good amount of toeque available with the slight release of clutch in first gear but this is not the case with petrol cars.

First things first. One thing you need to realise is I already mentioned i am going for the car since its a good VFM and wasnt looking for outright performance. Second there is no way you can compare a 77bhp car and 67 bhp car and expect the same level of performance. With that being said, the car was not driven on any inclinations.Had 3 adults on board. There was no initial pick up when i slotted in the first gear and moved it. I used to have a 1999 Indica V2 DLX though it had similar power figures and being a diesel i felt it performed better. And FYI i am not someone who gets intimidated by an I20 or swift or even a Nano just because it swoops past me. I accept the fact i am not technically sound but i have experience in driving to know the difference when the car lacks power.
First of all, Please do not compare diesel car to petrol car especialy on inital power (torque?). BHP has no role in initail pick up and the above mentioned max BHP available in car is at 3000 to 6000 Rpm or more according to diesel/petrol engine.

All diesel cars have good amount of torque available with the slight release of clutch in first gear but this is not the case with petrol cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
The engine torque curve (torque vs rpm) and transmission ratios decide the initial pick up. A higher hp engine (of the same fuel type) is likely to have a higher torque curve as well since the rev range for engines is limited though a 10 hp difference won't have a significant impact on torque figure.

Thread Starter #36
For the Micra, nothing in particular. Build quality and fit/finish is generally quite good. I havent changed anything from stock except seat covers, that too for my personal choice.
Just go enjoy it!

I am a new comer to this forum. Planning to buy a replacement to my 10 year old Palio. Identified and TD of Brio AT and Micra CVT. Liked everything in Micra CVT as long as I was inside the car to do the TD. But when I stepped out to talk to the sales person, I heard the engine making whirring sound. The sales guy said that it was AC. While a part of that sound went off when the AC got switched off, yet the whirring sound continued. Did you all experience or continue to experience this sound? I felt it is quite irksome - as it was sounding like a old model Diesel car. Can you pl let me know - as this is my crucial decision making factor.

@Dash Having owned a Micra CVT for like 9.5 months now, I have never heard any whirring noise coming from the engine. Its quiet like any other petrol engine should be whether or not AC running. It seems like the TD car has a loose belt or something.

Thread Starter #39
I am a new comer to this forum. Planning to buy a replacement to my 10 year old Palio. Identified and TD of Brio AT and Micra CVT. Liked everything in Micra CVT as long as I was inside the car to do the TD. But when I stepped out to talk to the sales person, I heard the engine making whirring sound. The sales guy said that it was AC. While a part of that sound went off when the AC got switched off, yet the whirring sound continued. Did you all experience or continue to experience this sound? I felt it is quite irksome - as it was sounding like a old model Diesel car. Can you pl let me know - as this is my crucial decision making factor.
How can the running of the radiator fan be ever an issue ? Especially a factor for buying a car ? It is a part that is pretty much doing its job!! At this rate, you would never go near a Fiat Linea Tjet that is idling after a long drive !!

Please go ahead with Micra CVT in case you have finally decided. You will truly enjoy the ride.

Hoping to hear some news tomorrow regarding My booking of Micra active. Though i was told waiting period of a months time, the SA updates me regularly and has promised me delivery before Aug 10. Totally satisfied with the dealership experience so far, hope the same continues for service as well. And in my personal opinion Nissan needs to do some aggressive marketing like Maruti considering the VFM line up the former has.

Reg that sound that I had mentioned, I spoke with the service manager who clarified that the TD car has some issues and assured that such sound is not found in other cars.

Would request your inputs on couple of areas of Micra CVT
a) From my browsing through the net on CVT, I understand that there have been several transmission problems reported after few years. And Nissan India is giving only max 4 year warranty whereas in some other countries, the company is giving 10 year warranty. Can the warranty in India get extended further - if we are prepared to pay?
b) I noticed that the spare wheel is R14 whereas the regular wheels are R15. I understand that earlier they were having R15 for the spare wheel but seems to have been reduced recently. In Terrano, the sparewheel is the same R15. How material is this difference in the sizes? The sales person was not able to explain to me this phenomenon.

Hoping to hear some news tomorrow regarding My booking of Micra active. Though i was told waiting period of a months time, the SA updates me regularly and has promised me delivery before Aug 10. Totally satisfied with the dealership experience so far, hope the same continues for service as well. And in my personal opinion Nissan needs to do some aggressive marketing like Maruti considering the VFM line up the former has.
Micra active has a one month waiting period that too in Chennai? that is surprising.

May be datsun Go effect. People go and look at go and after seeing cheaper quality interier extend the budget 50K more and book Active i guess.

Reg that sound that I had mentioned, I spoke with the service manager who clarified that the TD car has some issues and assured that such sound is not found in other cars.

Would request your inputs on couple of areas of Micra CVT
a) From my browsing through the net on CVT, I understand that there have been several transmission problems reported after few years. And Nissan India is giving only max 4 year warranty whereas in some other countries, the company is giving 10 year warranty. Can the warranty in India get extended further - if we are prepared to pay?
b) I noticed that the spare wheel is R14 whereas the regular wheels are R15. I understand that earlier they were having R15 for the spare wheel but seems to have been reduced recently. In Terrano, the sparewheel is the same R15. How material is this difference in the sizes? The sales person was not able to explain to me this phenomenon.
I dont think you get more than 4 years warrenty on gear box or car itself. They will not be ready to extend it i guess.

Though it is 14' spare tire, outer size may not have much difference with the 15' wheel. You can use it with front wheel in case puncter and drive in normal speeds till replace the tire. May be you can expect a slight side pulling and no other issues. But it is better to negotiate with the dealer and get a same wheel/alloy & tire before delivery. If not you can buy one alloy wheel/Rim & tire at your own cost and sell the stepney to some tire shops or sombody. So that you can utilize these tire when you do tire rotation.

Last edited:
Finally got my Storm white Micra Active XVS delivered yesterday. Noticed there arent many threads on micra active. Will be going for a long drive end of the month so will have more details then. For now will start a thread sometime over the weekend. [:D]

Top Bottom