My New Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT

Thread Starter #33
Thanks, I did not get quite how it works, can you explain in detail.
The Bluetooth Remote does not connect directly to the car's music system. We need to connect our Mobile to the Bluetooth remote and than we can connect the Mobile to the car's music system via AUX or Bluetooth. We can change tracks, increase & decrease volume and also to summon Siri or Google Assistant
The Bluetooth Remote appears as Smart Remote on the Bluetooth menu of the phone.
If you need a steering mounted remote to connect directly to the Car's music system, you can look for IR Universal steering remote

Thread Starter #35
Is it not good, you changed your remote and went to bluetooth one?
IR Remote needs to be pointing at the IR receiver of the Head Unit of the car for it to work and since I play music from my Mobile via Bluetooth anyway, so I decided to give this type of Bluetooth Remote a try, and it feels better esthetically as well as functionally to me

Thread Starter #39
you've got a beige seat! OMG![shock]

Good luck with cleaning. [cheers]
Yes, Biege Seats, Was out of choice during buying the car. Well, Biege plastics on the Low part of the Dashboard and doors are more of a Problem to keep clean than the seats so far[;)]

Thread Starter #43
Looks cool Ticken. How much is the cost? Any disadvantages wrt buttons on the functioning part? Did your Celerio had space for 2din stereo?
The Android head unit along with the Suzuki Celerio wiring adapter costed Rs 5700 plus Rs 1037 on customs duty.
It has 1 gb of RAM so its not very smartphone'esque smooth but good enough for the price. Since I don't have steering mounted controls, I would add the controls for the head unit in the near future (hopefully). But as per the buttons on the stereo, the back-lit buttons does the job just fine. Software buttons are also present.

I previously had a 2 Din stereo so It was a simple swap.

Here is the steering wheel control buttons which I plan to add later
Link
-19575419571895729193.jpg
-1253991774442448817.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
The Android head unit along with the Suzuki Celerio wiring adapter costed Rs 5700 plus Rs 1037 on customs duty.
It has 1 gb of RAM so its not very smartphone'esque smooth but good enough for the price. Since I don't have steering mounted controls, I would add the controls for the head unit in the near future (hopefully). But as per the buttons on the stereo, the back-lit buttons does the job just fine. Software buttons are also present.

I previously had a 2 Din stereo so It was a simple swap.

Here is the steering wheel control buttons which I plan to add later
Link
View attachment 257926 View attachment 257927
So, Finally got my Steering Wheel Controls and did a DIY installation
2019-03-28 05.25.46 1-2016x1134.jpg
2019-03-28 05.25.43 1-2016x1134.jpg

Looks ok to me
Easy to install and set up
Works well

Top Bottom