My New Maruti Suzuki Celerio VXI AMT

Congratulations!! wish you many happy miles ahead!. AMT's are the best to date for entry level automatic. Don't worry about the lag, look at the comfort you are getting.

Congrats Doc, even I own one, but still haven't come up with ownership log. I have driven it around 13K and don't worry about AMT issues, till date none I have found. My in laws complain about poor back seat comfort, so don't use it on highways much.

Thread Starter #18
Congratulations and have a great time with Celerio.
Thank you bhai

Congratulations!! wish you many happy miles ahead!. AMT's are the best to date for entry level automatic. Don't worry about the lag, look at the comfort you are getting.
Thanks, the lag is completely liveable with. I can now firmly say that i would not mind to go for a future upgrade in the likes of the new Dzire AMT or the upcoming Swift AMT, if not than the Ignis AMT.

Congratulations on your new Celerio. Also nice screen shots. Enjoy AMT experience.!!
Thanks mate.

Congrats Doc, even I own one, but still haven't come up with ownership log. I have driven it around 13K and don't worry about AMT issues, till date none I have found. My in laws complain about poor back seat comfort, so don't use it on highways much.
Thanks. Do upload some pictures of your Celerio AMT here soon.

Yes, the back seat comfort is a sore point but luckily I never seat in the back [:D]

Thread Starter #19
Two additions to my car,
1. A analog tyre pressure gauge : Coido Analog tyre pressure gauge
2. A Foot air pump from Amazon.in

Decent products but the tyre pressure gauge seems to have a error of 2 psi. 2 weeks ago when i filled air in a shop with a air delivery machine with digital readout, i filled 35 psi in front tyres and 33 at the rear. On measuring with the analog coido tyre pressure gauge, it read 31 psi at front tyres and 30 at the rear. So which one to trust?

Attachments

Last edited:
@ticken, Coido tyre guage is not accurate, you can try "accurate" brand tyre guage. Are you sure you want to use manual tyre pump because its painful on foot.

Thread Starter #21
@ticken, Coido tyre guage is not accurate, you can try "accurate" brand tyre guage. Are you sure you want to use manual tyre pump because its painful on foot.
I will try to figure out the error margin of the tyre pressure gauge cause even when i go to nearby tyre shops for air refill, different shops shows different psi reading.

As per as the pump goes, i would be fine with the foot pump as it is just for highway trips. Will get a Michelin electric 12V pump in future.

Thread Starter #22
7500 KMs update. So far so good.
Smooth acceleration and great fuel economy figures.
Latest addition to the Car is a Cheap Dash camera from Aliexpress. Was my first order from Aliexpress. The Dash Camera just about those the job for a below 1000 bucks Chinese product [;)]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #24
what is the price of Foot air pump (is that both Foot air pump & Foot air pump comes together)??
The foot pump will cost around Rs 600. You can opt for a dual barrel foot pump for around Rs 1000. Air pressure gauge is better to use a separate one, a digital gauge or a analog gauge will help

Thread Starter #25
A very simple addition to my Celerio AMT, a universal car steering wheel mounted remote. Since the VXI trim of the Celerio is devoid of a factory fitted Head unit as well as audio controls on the steering wheel.
Here's a YouTube review of the remote by me

https://youtu.be/NQBCeoAnxF0

Attachments

Last edited:
Just 3 lac for your slightly used Grand i10 sportz, Don't you think it was a bad quote?

You mentioned you would have considered Tiago AMT if it was available, i think pick up and AC performance of celerio are better than tiago, so in that aspect you have saved few disappointments

Thread Starter #28
Just 3 lac for your slightly used Grand i10 sportz, Don't you think it was a bad quote?

You mentioned you would have considered Tiago AMT if it was available, i think pick up and AC performance of celerio are better than tiago, so in that aspect you have saved few disappointments
Yes, 3 lakh for a slightly used Hyundai Grand i10 was pretty low, but considering it was under Loan and it had some problem with the air conditioning (not rectified by Hyundai after complaints), i had to accept the quote.

For the Tiago, since the Tiago AMT was not even launched at the time of deciding for the Celerio AMT, i dint opt for test drive of the Tiago. Power to weight ratio of the Celerio is better than the Tiago. Recently i came to know about the AC performance of Tiago.

Hopefully if everything goes well, i am eyeing the new Ford Ecosport AT.

Thread Starter #29

Top Bottom