My New Lady: Hyundai iGen i20 CRDI Magna

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I dont know how to start the thread but anyway I will start directly. I have old zen 2001 make for past 4 years, powerful engine great mileage etc. After all its petrol & petro bills are after my life. Now search begins from last one year. After taking TD almost all diesel hatch exept nissan micra, renault pulse. Below is my experience of all TD, Just bear with me about my poor writing skills (this is my first experience sharing in this forum) :)

1. Took the TD of Swift (india's Choice)ZDI -great car again too common in delhi roads, even every one has swift diesel and petrol both. My Mom doesn't like it because of same reason.
2. TD of Indica Vista (qj) - Nice car.... engine is same but it has taxi tag. poor plastic quality but huge space. My dad doesn't like it.
3. Fiat Punto 90HP- Awesome car.... response is also good from dealer ship.Again a huge question after sales service.... + i have read many ownership reveiws about the plastic quality is not up to the mark. My sis and dad doesn't like it very much (specially shape).
4.VW Polo- Build quality is great....but power is less no refinment. My dad liked it very much. The great thing is the dealer finance the car at rate of 6.95% only (VW has its own finance- a market strategy) . I was almost satisfy but rejected after seeing the sales network plus service bills are comparitively high.
5.TD of i20 CRDI-After read lots of threads regarding ownership and steering rattling issue my mind says no (thinking about future problems) but my heart says go for it.

I have tried lots of dealer almost all in delhi to take the test drive, but everyone says vehicle is not available. Finally i put a request on hyundai site after a day or two i got call from a dealer which is Koncept hyundai (Part of Koncept mahindra- lajpat nagar) from green park. A sales person visited my home with vehicle and gave the test drive. I have asked him about the steering rattling issue he said this problem has been rectified in igen. I have read may forums reviews about i gen nobody says about the problem (It was just launched in April 2012). Check with some few onwners personally specially for diesel ones, they all are happy with vehicle.

I called up the sales person to asking him for one more test drive (this time say a 20 or 30Km test drive), he said fine he will come on weekend.

The good thing is that i ask him that i want to go for magna option so need the test drive of same. He said fine we will bring to you magna.
The behavior and knowledge is good of everyone in the showroom.

Now the story begins after the booking(booked bronze color).

On road price of the vehicle is 7,12,853 (including Rs8500 third year warrenty).

My plan is that i will pay half cash & half loan, I had applied a loan from SBI by own and got the apprval with draft after 10 or 12 days of applying. The draft was handed over to the dealer on 7th Oct 2012. because they are asking me to submit the draft and balance money if want to get the car on same price (rs 712853). I have submitted the draft + 1L cash.
The price is increased in month of oct 12 due festive season (navratrey and dhanteras etc) but i have got the same price which was initially booked.

Now the interesting part begins, the date of delivery was decided on 21st Oct 12 i.e. sunday and same has been delivered to dealer.

The day before delivery one of best friend ask me to take look of car and i have already decided to go for PDI by my self into their stock yard.

I went to showroom on saturday i.e 20th Oct 12, got shocked that my vehicle hasn't been arrived yet told by sales manager, its in trailer some where in rajasthan.

After all two hours of argument, sale manager said he will trying his best to arrange the vehicle from other dealer (same color). This is a pathetic situation for me, after spending lots of much money I am hopeless. At last they are offering me white or silver color but i have refused it. I said now you have to pay panelty if the car is not delivered tommorrow, he readily said ok he offers me scuff plates + gear lock for free (inlcuding mud flaps, perfume, carpet). I said ok the car will be delivered in dashera i.e 24th oct 12.

I came to home n told everything to my family. I am pissed off totally (mood kharab in hindi) [frustration], thought this should be escalated update to GM or CEO level. Searched there site alot luckily got the email id of owner and GM. I Droped a email to them on that day got an reply on monday i.e. 22nd oct that they will deliver the car on 24th Oct 12. Finally got a call from Mr. Sandeep arora (GM) at 1AM (yes its 1AM) on 24th Oct that my car has arrived same this will delivered on the same day.

Now My Lady has its own story before delivery. [:D]

On road price
7,12,853 (including 3rd year warrenty Rs 8500). Igen I20 Magna normal CRDI
Freebies: Mud flap, carpet matts, perfume, scuff plates, gear lock.

I think i got the good deal but with little tension as well.[embarass]

I have just crossed 700KM today in 13 days as of now.

Now the driving experience:
Great car, very very smooth steering (due to suspension set up). Need to get used to at high speed. Suspension is the area where hyundai needs to learn something (not bad at all but little work required), handling will automatically improved. About fuel efficiency drove 700km in full tank (20% fuel is still left), 19-20 kmpl with 45%AC, not bad at all without having first service. Nice space 4 adults can fit easily with greatest boot space. Reverse parking sensor are very help full. AC is good. Long clutch is their but i guess thats fine after all its a diesel mill of raw power. Must say Great pic up.

Dealership Experience:
1.Initially good.
2.Car was delivered on time after their commitment.

One thing i want to share, Try to get as much as you can from the dealer because they have good margin on a car + commission from bank (on loan cases) + commission from insurance company.

Commission from bank: Because they give a business to bank.
Commisoon from Ins comp: again the same reason.

Practical e.g: I was charged insurance amount 18500 from dealer (TATA AIG)
I have tried to get a insurance directly from TATA AIG it was only 17300. See the difference. One more e.g now comes to 0% depreciation, Dealer giving in Rs 24000, If will get directly from insurance company TAT AIG it was just Rs19800.

When this think I said to dealer they were shocked and after that they offered my Rs 17300 (0% dep policy) from reliance.

BTW I dont know how to upload the pics in the thread, please advise.

Rest i will update the service experience after first service.

Thanks and regards,
Adi

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: My New Lady Hyundai Igen I 20 CRDI Magna Normal

congrats on your i20 [;)] [clap] i'm sure you love the diesel engine. it feels like a rocket. no offence to anyone but so so much better than the laggy swift's engine.

and these small problems happen but all that you must have forgotten when you drove the car for the first time and i agree the wait is terrible.

and you got so much and that too on a diesel car. maybe because of festive season.

so the reverse parking sensors were factory fitted in this model ?

Re: My New Lady Hyundai Igen I 20 CRDI Magna Normal

Congratulation Buddy [clap]. I20 CRDI is really a good car.

I was opting for it but settled down with Ford Figo (Diesel) due to budget constrain [;)]. But I20 was my first choice .

Thread Starter #4
congrats on your i20 [;)] [clap] i'm sure you love the diesel engine. it feels like a rocket. no offence to anyone but so so much better than the laggy swift's engine.

and these small problems happen but all that you must have forgotten when you drove the car for the first time and i agree the wait is terrible.

and you got so much and that too on a diesel car. maybe because of festive season.

so the reverse parking sensors were factory fitted in this model ?
Hi allhyundaicars,

Thanks a lot ! Yes reverse parking sensors are factory fitted even in base model which is era. No dealer can give you any discount even in festive season on diesel cars, i have tried a lot. If dealer give the freebies then they already increase the price of the car.

Regards,
Adi

Congratulation Buddy [clap]. I20 CRDI is really a good car.

I was opting for it but settled down with Ford Figo (Diesel) due to budget constrain [;)]. But I20 was my first choice .
Thanku so much friend!,

Yes forgot to mention the TD of ford figo. its a good car but again my heart & mind says i20. I heard from many owner of figo the FE is less of figo TDCI. is that right?

Regards,
Adi

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats for your i20. I just love this car ! After looking at price i am really upset because i ignored this car considering its overpriced and out of my budget but finally ended up spending 7 lacs for my car. I wish i had gone for my dream hatch!
Waiting for pics man!

Thread Starter #12
congrats for your i20. I just love this car ! After looking at price i am really upset because i ignored this car considering its overpriced and out of my budget but finally ended up spending 7 lacs for my car. I wish i had gone for my dream hatch!
Waiting for pics man!
Hi Sandeep,

Thanks you so much!

Yes its little bit more pricy car than others. The day before yesterday i had word with general manager of Koncept Hyundai, he is very knowledgable person, he told me CRDI engines & its parts are still imported from Korea. This is the main reason it was pricy. If the engine can be produced in indian the import duty cannot be charged from the customer. This will bring the down the car atleast 30 to 40K.

Regards,
Adi

Currently Hyundai is investing on their plant to build diesel engines, so expect even more competitive pricing in the future, ownership thread without photos is not fair bro

Thread Starter #14
Currently Hyundai is investing on their plant to build diesel engines, so expect even more competitive pricing in the future, ownership thread without photos is not fair bro
Hi Visran,

Sorry for that, I will update by this weekend. They have not decided yet at which state they will establish the plant, currently they have in chennai,TL.

Regards,
Adi

Thread Starter #15
Hi Guys,

Here is the one pic of My beauty parked outside my home. I will take some more and upload very soon.[clap]

20121103_084010.jpg

Regards,
Adi

Top Bottom