My New Honda Jazzz....

Thread Starter #1
After a very long process of decision making, atlast I brought home my new Honda Jazz Select.

The thought of buying a new car came into my mind 4 months back. The biggest question that I had in my mind is whether to buy a petrol car or diesel car. Taking my monthly usage into consideration, I was confused whether to go for petrol or diesel. It was like both are okay for me. Atlast I decided to go for a petrol car.

There were many cars that were into consideration. Starting from hatchback i10 to sedan Toyota Etios. My dad wanted a spacious car as we were cramped up in Maruthi 800 for a long 16 years.[frustration]. so we started analyzing cars one by one. The cars we had in our mind were i10, i20, Punto, Ritz, Swift, Liva, Etios.

We dropped i20 due to low mileage reports. I personally did not like i10. So dropped that too. My dad really loved Punto so much. The interior was looking great. but found that the rear legroom is less. Moreover some said petrol Punto is not good (don’t know if it’s true or not).

Then I visited the Toyota showroom with my friend. The sales executive over there took us to display vehicle area. I could see both the Liva and Etios are parked side by side. As i reached nearer to the car, I was getting disappointed because the rear looks failed to impress me. The i got into the car for a detailed look. The moment I got inside the car, I decided that at any cost i would not buy this car. The interior were so ugly that it took me no time to decide not to buy this car. the meter console looked like a plain white sticker pasted on to the dash board with numbers typed on it. I even thought, Maruthi 800 had a better meter console than this. So I dropped both the Liva and Etios from my list.

As we were using a Maruthi product for 16 long years, my dad wanted to have something different. So swift and Ritz was least into consideration. Atlast we had no choice and we had to decide upon Ritz and Swift. My dad was so much against going for Ritz because of its rear looks. He said it was looking as if someone had crashed its rear onto a wall. That was the time when the new Swift has been launched. And I liked swift a lot for it looks. I took my father to the showroom to have a look at it. Both the exteriors and interior looking awesome. My dad got into the car to check the legroom and head room, which was very important for him as he is 6 feet tall. He got into the front seat and I could see on his face that he is not fully satisfied but still he didn’t say anything. Then he got out and got into the back. This time he did say that the rear legroom is less, though the new swift claimed to be little more spacious than the older one. We had no other choice left and atlast decided to go for swift itself and he asked the sales person to come to his office to collect the booking amount. Then I thought, all the waiting is going to end and finally we had made a decision.
The next day, the sales person did not come to my dad’s office as promised. This was the time when I happened to hear a news that the Jazz prices has been slashed. So we just thought why don’t we give it try.We have never seen this car before and we searched the internet to get a detailed view of this car. All the reviews were positive for this BIG small car. We really wanted to see this car in real. So contacted the showroom people and told them we wanted to have TD. They brought the car to our place . The sales person started showing the interiors. And then he opened the boot. We were amazed seeing such a big spacious boot which we have never ever seen in a hatchback. Then he started folding the seats. Then we got in to check the legroom and head room. We were very much impressed. So next we decided to do the TD. The engine was super smooth and super silent. Everything was just fine and we loved the car. After the test drive, we handed him over the booking amount and he promised that the car will be delivered within 45 days time. So we booked the car and as promised we got it in less than 45 days.

Honda JAZZ Select
Tafetta white...

Re: My new Honda Jazzzzz....

Let me be the first one to congratulations you Knight. Jazz is looking awesome in white. Please share more interior pictures. In last picture, alloy is looking good but supported by MRF Tyre is not that appealing. Any upgrade planned.

Re: My new Honda Jazzzzz....

Welcome to TAI Knight.

Congrats on your new Hatch Back, it has monstrous boot space in its segment.

Good to know that you made the right decision, and Honda sales is jacking up, due to prices slashed.

Is that blue light on ODO of Auto Climate Control.

Is it having any issues? or had you clicked it while switching on ignition.

Re: My New Honda Jazzzzz....

Good choice and Put sporty alloy (comes with 'X' variant) which is best suited on white color.

Good choice and Put sporty alloy (comes with 'X' variant) which is best suited on white color.

Jazz doesn't comes with auto climate control.

350Z

Core Team

Heartiest congratulations and a fantastic start there. The car which was much famous for its overpriced tag is now one of the most preferred hatchbacks in India. Please share more information about the ownership experience as well as some pictures. I’m sure this will become one of the hottest threads in no time. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats Knight!
You plan to add any accessories to this car?
The new Jazz looks good with all those lovely curves.

Ohhhh white look so sexy.
Congratulation dear for you new Jazz select. [clap]

I'm waiting for mine. :-(

I've found only one drawback for Jazz @ showroom & at the time of TD. that's fuel tank opener prob. I dont know why honda didn't rectify the same.

Cheers. [glasses]

Last edited by a moderator:

Many hearty congratulations brother! Jazz is looking neat in white [:)]

Wishing you many happy mile crunching with the vehicle. Do come back and post about your experiences!

Thread Starter #12
Let me be the first one to congratulations you Knight. Jazz is looking awesome in white. Please share more interior pictures. In last picture, alloy is looking good but supported by MRF Tyre is not that appealing. Any upgrade planned.
Thank you, Shailinder. I will put up the interior pics as soon as possible. Busy with some works so that I am not getting time to take some snaps in the daylight.

Alloy looks cool. I hoped that I would be getting the one with Michelin tyres. Unfortunately, I did not [cry]. Still I'm happy that I got my car so soon. As of now, I'm not planning to do any kind of upgrade. I'm happy with MRF.

Welcome to TAI Knight.

Congrats on your new Hatch Back, it has monstrous boot space in its segment.

Good to know that you made the right decision, and Honda sales is jacking up, due to prices slashed.

Is that blue light on ODO of Auto Climate Control.

Is it having any issues? or had you clicked it while switching on ignition.
Thank you for your warm welcome, Mukeshus.

Really, jazz is the only car in hatchback where you can get to see such as enormous boot space. Not ony boot space, but the front and rear legroom is awesome. Not comparable with any other car.

That blue light is not anything related to A/C. Its related to the engine temperature. It normally comes up when we turn the keys to the ignition and it goes off when we start the engine. Its a quite normal thing. No issues.

Thank you.
As of now, I'm not planning to change the alloys. Well, I haven't seen how the alloys on Jazz X looks like. I would appreciate if you could post a picture of the sporty alloy that you mentioned about.[clap]

Congrats man your jazz loooks gorgeous!!!!Take care of this beauty and keep us updated!!!!
Thank you Siddhart.

Thread Starter #13
Heartiest congratulations and a fantastic start there. The car which was much famous for its overpriced tag is now one of the most preferred hatchbacks in India. Please share more information about the ownership experience as well as some pictures. I’m sure this will become one of the hottest threads in no time.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thank you,350Z. I will surely let you guys know about the ownership reviews. I will put up some more pictures as soon as possible[thumbsup]

Congrats Knight!
You plan to add any accessories to this car?
The new Jazz looks good with all those lovely curves.
Thank you, Prads

Well, I'm planning to get seat covers over the stock seat covers, because the one that I have right now tends to get dirt so easily. So many people suggested me to get leather seat covers (or leather type) which may cost around 5-6k Rs, which does not get stained easily and they are easy to clean too.

Also, I'm planning to get the poly vinyl coating on the floor(over the floor carpet), which will protect the carpets from dirt and water, especially during rainy season.

Also have to get the cool films and a reverse sensor or a reverse cam. Thats all for the time being.[:D]

Congrats Knight and welcome to TAI, wish you very happy driving miles.Drive Safe.

Thread Starter #15
Ohhhh white look so sexy.
Congratulation dear for you new Jazz select.

I'm waiting for mine. :-(

I've found only one drawback for Jazz @ showroom & at the time of TD. that's fuel tank opener prob. I dont know why honda didn't rectify the same.

Cheers.
Thank you, Sandip Sarkar.
Don't worry dear. You will get your car soon. Its really a worth waiting [glasses]

Ya, the petrol lid is one problem which the Honda guys haven't taken care of till now. But still you cant open it, without unlocking the car. You need not be bothered about that.[:)]

Many hearty congratulations brother! Jazz is looking neat in white

Wishing you many happy mile crunching with the vehicle. Do come back and post about your experiences!
Thank you, Thetraveller.
Ya. White color is always the best. The car will get more killer looks after installing black cool films. I will let you guys know about the owner ship reviews after I am done with my long trips.

Top Bottom