My New Honda Jazzz....

Thread Starter #137
Guys I am gonna share a small trick here. I dont know how many of you actually know this. I came to know about this very recently. Anyways.

There is a diagnostic mode for Honda Jazz music player. And using that, we can enable a digital speedometer on the display screen of the music system.

This is how you enable it.
-First make sure your music player is off, and the key is in the II position. (or engine is running)
- On the radio, press and hold nos 1 and 6, then press the Power button
- Now 'Diag' is displayed on the screen.
- Now Press 5

Thats it!!![clap]
Now you will be able to see a screen as shown in the image. Now as you start driving, the display will show a digital representation of the speed at which you are driving.

Note that you will not not be able to do any other function on the music player until you turn off the diagnostic mode. To turn off the mode, you just need to turn off the music player by pressing the power button[:)]

Attachments

Good find thanks for sharing.[:)]

If i remember seeing a youtube video,there is also a diagnostic mode in the instrument panel display ,where it shows the engine temperature,battery charge voltage and few others.

Thread Starter #141
Good find thanks for sharing.[:)]

If i remember seeing a youtube video,there is also a diagnostic mode in the instrument panel display ,where it shows the engine temperature,battery charge voltage and few others.
Yes Aim[:)]. I saw that video in youtube. But it doesnt seem to work in Indian version of Jazz[roll]

Got a call from HASS today morning (9:20 AM) that my Jazz was due for servicing. I said that's impossible as I had serviced it last April and had gone for Synthetic oil. So technically not another 10,000 kms though probably company would still stick with 6 months period.

Anyway the lady said that since its monsoon, I can have my car checked anyway. Companies generally do free check-up camps before monsoon so I asked if it was free and she said no. Also she kept repeating that now the company specified servicing period is 3 months. I am based in Kolkata.

Any of you faced similar issue with your local HASS? Whats this 3 months period?

Chayan,
Six month intervals absolutely fine. I have recently spoken to my SA at Pinnacle Honda & he said its fine as my running is low.

Chayan,
Six month intervals absolutely fine. I have recently spoken to my SA at Pinnacle Honda & he said its fine as my running is low.
Hi Jazzy,
I am referring to Pinnacle only... not the first time I am dealing with them. See if you receive the call too.

We are planning to get the Urban Titanium Select. But waiting period for that model+colour combo is 3 months minimum ATM (as told by honda representative).

A lot of people have said that the after sales service and price of spare parts is very high for Jazz. Can anyone please tell me if this is true? How high is it compared to other manufacturers?

Thread Starter #146
Got a call from HASS today morning (9:20 AM) that my Jazz was due for servicing. I said that's impossible as I had serviced it last April and had gone for Synthetic oil. So technically not another 10,000 kms though probably company would still stick with 6 months period.

Anyway the lady said that since its monsoon, I can have my car checked anyway. Companies generally do free check-up camps before monsoon so I asked if it was free and she said no. Also she kept repeating that now the company specified servicing period is 3 months. I am based in Kolkata.

Any of you faced similar issue with your local HASS? Whats this 3 months period?
I am already done with the 3 free services. I called up the HASS a week back to confirm when my next service (Paid service) is gonna come. I talked to a lady and she said my next service due is only after 6 months from the previous service date. I think the lady whom you talked to is ignorant about the service intervals for JAZZ.

Even that lady whom I talked to also mentioned about a free monsoon check in my local HASS. But the funniest thing is that, she said "Free monsoon checkup + Washing, just for rupees 499/- Rs only and its a special offer". It doesnt make any sense. I dont want to pay '499'Rs/- for washing. So I said I dont want to do it as my monthly running is very low; just 6000 km in 9 months..

Thread Starter #147
We are planning to get the Urban Titanium Select. But waiting period for that model+colour combo is 3 months minimum ATM (as told by honda representative).

A lot of people have said that the after sales service and price of spare parts is very high for Jazz. Can anyone please tell me if this is true? How high is it compared to other manufacturers?
I dont think spare parts cost for JAZZ alone is very high. Maybe for Honda altogether, u may feel its a bit costlier. But what I feel is, this will be the same with other manufacturers like Toyota, Nissan, VW, Hyundai or Ford too. If you are concered about spare parts cost and maintenance cost, you will have to go with Maruthi Suzuki or Mahindra or Tata.

All I can say is Honda cars are best known for its quality. Almost maintenance free.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and a proud owner of Honda Jazz select version. I received it on 8th July 2012 within 15 days of booking. Urban Titanium colour. I will post my experience in my next posts. But one thing for sure, MY DECISION TO GO FOR JAZZ WAS PERFECTLY CORRECT.

I have done about 250 km till now on my jazz. Tomorrow leaving for Shirdi to seek HIS blessings. Hope Jazz adds new dimensions to my journey compared to my earlier travel in M 800.

Another thing guys, this colour UT is just amazing. Reason being, small nicks & scratches are not at all visible unless you stare intently at the spot. Im so happy cause some unwanted nicks have happened on my car but its barely visible. UT rocks!!!
I had a horrid time with my black Logan earlier

Top Bottom