My New Honda Jazz Select (Urban Titanium)

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

First of all thanks for all valuable suggestions from various TAI members. I take this opportunity to share pics and details of my first drive in Jazz Select.

How we switched to Jazz

Our previous car is Maruti 800 and its been 10years yet only 40K km. So we kept our mind on petrol cars only and for local drive we have maruti 800. We were looking for spacious and stylish car and almost rounded upon i20. But after huge price cut in Jazz i instantly switched to Jazz .

Buying Process

I have booked jazz on 27 August paying 50k as advance from peninsular Honda Cochin. We used to call the dealer almost 4 times a week until we got exact date and also called honda care which was eventually considered as a Complaint and forwarded to the dealer. So days passed and on October 24 car reached showroom and i delayed delivery to October 29th. I have not got any freebies but sales rep told me they will provide Sun film in first service . I have taken bumper to bumper insurance , normal insurance doesn't cover airbags and fiber materials. Air bag is so costly to replace. Bumper to Bumper costs around 17500 normal one costs 14550.

Driving Experience

I haven't drove other cars extensively other than Maruti 800. So for me it's from maruti 800 to Jazz. Being in jazz was special feeling :). Cochin is almost 120km away from my home town. We started journey at afternoon on NH47. I have clocked 100km/hr and not tried to raise more, after all its brand new [:D]. I haven't felt any bottleneck while driving in highways ( some says the otherway). Connected my ipod and music systems works well. Some of guys have raised concern with ground clearance , until now i have not felt that issue riding in potholes of kerala :).

I'm not so expert in other techinical things regarding cars , i like to drive :). We will also feel the enormous space provided by jazz and seating is pretty fine with added feature of reclining seats. Small kids can play around.

Average mileage shown in NH is 16.4 , hope it is calculated based on valid aspects [:)].

Overall i'm pretty satisfied.

Attachments

Re: My new Hond Jazz UT Select

Congrats mate, amazing choice [clap]. Honda Jazz is one of the most VFM car in our country right now. Finally its raining Honda Jazz in the country and the car getting the recognition it always deserved. One car which is actually suffering a lot from Honda Jazz price cut is i20 petrol. Both the car now cost almost same i.e 6.20 Lacks approx ( Jazz Select and i20 Asta) and at this price range Honda Jazz looks more tempting and practical choice. The waiting period of 3 to 6 months prove the point, I don't think any petrol hatch in our country have so much waiting period and still people ready to wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

WOW.. I love the Jazz.. Its the best petrol hatch money can buy in India IMO.
IS this the best color in Jazz-- DEFINITELY YES!![:)]
Love your car.. Wish you many a miles in it..

sportscar Congrats, Nice color.Can you please post costing split up ?

Thread Starter #5

@Surfer,

Showroom Price - 590500
Insurance - 17850 (Bumper to Bumper)
Road Tax - 35430

Congos on your Jazz. Have to say, UT looks pretty good in your photos. Till i saw these fotos, i didn't like UT. Now, i'm starting to like it. In tvm, only 3 have been given. One UT X and white and silver select. have u got any info regarding no. of jazz's delivered from Peninsular honda,cochin ?

Thread Starter #7

I'm not sure about the number of jazz delivered, probably around 10 as per my knowledge. Mine car falls in their 3rd or 4th consignment. But dealer told that they have some 70 bookings pending

10? oh thats great, i think dey give much preference to Kochi. My booking no here is around 13.hmmmm. btw which tyres have u got ? have u asked for any goodies ?

Thread Starter #9

When i first seen a red jazz it was michelin, mine is MRF :(. I really didn't noticed until car is delivered. May be i got bit carried away seeing the car in showroom after a long wait. I called the Sales rep after that, he was telling it is based on what company is provided. We may get MRF, Michelin or good year as per Sales rep said. For me it was MRF

yep.. My rep too told me the same. howz d noise inside d cabin at 100km/h? the TD given to us was very short, that too in city, for about 10mins, where it was silent. But, i have seen many telling that it gets noisy at higher speeds .. Felt anything like that?

God knows. Now, the production is stopped due to shortage of parts from Thailand. As i believe, it will be January or later. Hoping to get 2012 model at-least.

@sportscar. congrats bro. the car looks stunning in UT. you got lucky to have the car. i am still waiting for my UT Jazz XMT.

Congratulations Sportscar and nice choice of colour. Just wanted to know how come alloy wheels are there but no fog lights ! Also please confirm whether she has a dead pedal or not, unable to make out from the picture.

Thread Starter #15

Congratulations Sportscar and nice choice of colour. Just wanted to know how come alloy wheels are there but no fog lights ! Also please confirm whether she has a dead pedal or not, unable to make out from the picture.
Thanks,
For select version there is no foglamps. if we have to put one we may have to drill bumper [confused]. I'm not going for that anyway. 12k is the price for fog lamps from honda showroom.

Regarding dead pedal, i do found a provision but i didn't recollect how it feels while driving.

Top Bottom