My New Honda Jazz 2012

Hello Sandy_blr

Hearty congratulations and welcome to the "Jazzian family". I too own the same car that you do. I took delivery on April 25th. You will never regret owning this car.

Like you, I too had finalized on buying a D'Zire. But when I went to book the car, that time they said it will take 9 months to deliver. (Remember the strike in their plant?) I was not prepared to wait that long. So, thought of having a look at Toyota Etios and Honda City. I did not like the interior of Etios and so went to see the Honda City. When I walked into the show room, I saw the Jazz XMT parked there. I had never seen it before. I loved it at the first sight - and so did my wife ! Though we had a look at City too, our heart went back to Jazz. Both myself and my wife loved the external compactness and the internal spaciousness. Straight away we booked the Jazz.....but, Alas !! The delivery got delayed because of the flood in Thailand. It took 8 months !! But, the wait was worth !

I reached nearly 2000 Kms so far. Excellent and smooth drive. I did not expect any thing more. It reached a maximum of 18.2 KMPL on long drive and averaged 13 KMPL in city drive. So smooth to handle. Only negative I can mention is the shortage of pull while overtaking. Well, nothing is perfect ! We can live with it. I prefer to be cautious while overtaking.

Interestingly, even the sales person did not know there is an A/c duct beneath the two front seats directed towards the rear !!

One thing that hurt me, is that the specifications says XMT comes with a spoiler and sporty front grill. But they wanted me to pay Rs.15500.00 extra for that - which I refused ! They indirectly tried to charge me in the name of "Taxes, registration and service charges". I refuse to pay that and I consider it as an illegal trade practice. I don't tolerate that. Seems you also did not get the spoiler and the sporty front grill. Did you pay extra for it? Would like to know your status.

However, you will never regret buying this car. Honda has it's own standard and quality when compared to other cars. So, cheers ! Enjoy the ride and share your experiences too.

Regards

Vimal

Congrats for your new car mate

but you have paid a lot of money for that car !

I hope you enjoy it.

But it is worth the money paid ! You should use it to believe what I said !! [:D]

Regards

Vimal

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely agree to what Vimal has to say, the quality is terrific. Just look at the wipers & Steering, lifted straight out of the 14lac Civic. Just feel the switches on the centre console & the sleek gearshift. I just love it- one day we had a program in our house & I had to carry several trays to the other house. Everyone looked at the car & said not more tha 2-3 trays would go in. I smiled, flipped down the seats & it swallowed almost all the trays. I was all smiles that day....:)

Thread Starter #48
Hi Vimal, Thank you for the Wishes. I see lots of Jazz in Bangalore since last one month. Daily there are delivery of Jazz and Brio. Many of my friends couldn't believe the spaciousness of Jazz untill they sat at the Back seat and saw the Boot space. The ride was very smooth without any Noise or the vibration of the Engine.

First time I had taken the Jazz to my office yesterday. It suddenly started raining. Shall upload few snaps taken yesterday. The Spoiler and Front grill are included in the Essential kit which they charge at 11,000. If you do not want the Spoiler and grill they reduce 8,000. 3,000 is for the body cover and puncture repair kit. You can still order the kit whenever required. It might take atleast 2 weeks to arrive.

Thread Starter #49
Absolutely agree to what Vimal has to say, the quality is terrific. Just look at the wipers & Steering, lifted straight out of the 14lac Civic. Just feel the switches on the centre console & the sleek gearshift. I just love it- one day we had a program in our house & I had to carry several trays to the other house. Everyone looked at the car & said not more tha 2-3 trays would go in. I smiled, flipped down the seats & it swallowed almost all the trays. I was all smiles that day....:)
Many people tried to convince me to go for a Diesel car or cheaper petrol car. All had different Opinions. I had chosen Petrol car as I hardly drive within 200 to 300 kms per month. I mostly Use it only for weekends.

Its me who has to ride the Car. Its my Family who will be as passengers in the Car. Safety wise it has 2 Airbags, ABS With EBD, A very smooth Engine and Gearbox. I do not mind spending extra for a car which our Complete family likes. As this is my first car, I read as much as reviews as possible for most of the Hatchbacks. Only issues found in earlier posts was that its costlier. After price reduction you can see the Jazz sales in petrol segment has become higher. Few were surprised to see the back seat comfort provided in a hatchback. Not to forget the Honda Magic seats. [;)]

I do not mind if it has bit lesser torque, BHP etc. I am not going for a Rally. Its for me and my Family use.

We are planning to get the Urban Titanium Select. But waiting period for that model+colour combo is 3 months minimum ATM (as told by honda representative).

A lot of people have said that the after sales service and price of spare parts is very high for Jazz. Can anyone please tell me if this is true? How high is it compared to other manufacturers?

We are planning to get the Urban Titanium Select. But waiting period for that model+colour combo is 3 months minimum ATM (as told by honda representative).

A lot of people have said that the after sales service and price of spare parts is very high for Jazz. Can anyone please tell me if this is true? How high is it compared to other manufacturers?
Lots of parts are shared with the city and brio,so parts should be inline with the other honda models.

Thread Starter #55
Hi Friends,

First free service is for 1 month or 1000 kms. I had not driven much. On july 8th one month would have completed. Finished my First Service on 26th July. We can give for service any day within that month. Currently only about 460 kms driven.

I usually use the Car Cover. Once its taken outside lots of dust will be accumulated. Hence brought one large and one small Jopasu duster. One for outer cleaning and one Inner cleaning. It absorbs the dust very well. Hope it will be same for few more months. I always clean the dust and only then use the Car cover. I am still searching for Custom fit mats for my Jazz.

Hi sandy
congrats for new jazz, just wanted to know that you did not got the front sporty grill and back sploiler with top.model and standard equipments 2as compnay is giving all of these with no extra cost.

Hi sandy,
Congrats for your new Rocket, just wanted to know that u did not got the front sporty grill and back spoiler and standard aceesories with top end model ?????

As these things is mention in their brochure also....

Please do reply as i.am getting as these things with top end model

Hi sandy,
Congrats for your new Rocket, just wanted to know that u did not got the front sporty grill and back spoiler and standard aceesories with top end model ?????

As these things is mention in their brochure also....

Please do reply as i.am getting as these things with top end model
The kits sometimes are not available my freind had to wait for 2 months finally he complained to Honda coustomer care wrote on their Facebook page in 2 days he got the kit .

Top Bottom