My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thank you @Dr MUDHAN @Nairrk for your instantaneous replies.

As a hobby I like watching and reading automotive reviews available on different forum and a frequent visitor to Teambhp. But when I visited your thread, I could feel the enrichment of information shared which cannot be compared with any other forum regarding Honda city 2009-2013. You have been an inspiration to car enthusiasts and DIY beginners like me.
@ Austin
1. Regarding buying ‘OEMassive pollen cabin air filter’ from China, better avoid it for now as the situation is very bad and you won’t even be receiving it.
Regarding air filter, I will avoid buying from china doctor. Meanwhile I also checked Boodmo for OEM filter, but It was priced at Rs.2120.
@ Austin
3. Being a second owner it’s better to make a general checkup and to do OE replacements for filters wherever required for your ‘The Golden Pixie’
Sorry for not mentioning in the thread sir, since no discounts were offered Sales head agreed for a general check up with interior premium cleaning and car polishing. SA advised that no major service/parts replacement was required at that time since car was serviced 47587kms @3 months before from the date of purchase and can run for another few more thousands.
Regards,
Austin

Hi doctor and all.....I was searching for a replacement for festoon bulb. Can anyone help me with suggesting reliable warm white LED festoon bulbs(example). Clear white and bright white are readily available, but i hope warm white will do more justice to the beige interiors. Found one in amazon. But they are priced above Rs.2500+.
Thanks in advance
Austin

Thread Starter #1,968

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
I was searching for a replacement for festoon bulb. Can anyone help me with suggesting reliable warm white LED festoon bulbs(example). Clear white and bright white are readily available, but i hope warm white will do more justice to the beige interiors. Found one in amazon. But they are priced above Rs.2500+.
Thanks in advance

I had both WARM WHITE and COOL WHITE, but I preferred white as the spectrum is wider, makes it a brighter interior and the beige interior stands out neatly.

Warm white will be cozy, romantic but will not be brighter and makes not much difference from OE bulbs. May go well if you are planned also to go with any Footwel Lights.

The purpose is to have a brighter interior to see or read easily inside the car, there white serves better. Of course it’s an individual preference and I do not want to influence you.

The issue now, you don’t get warm white now or it is too expensive and not worth. Being a Chinese make no one can say the reliability, so better avoid it at present. Buy the cheap, commonly available white one temporarily if you want immediately or wait for some time as the situation is improving.

Please note, this single festoon led type will not be a brighter one unless you go for the one I suggested here. READ MORE: LED DOOM BULBS @ Pages- 5, 9, 11, 16

Thread Starter #1,969

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
ALBUS – NEW WIPER BLADES

ANHC WIPER 2.jpg

This is the third time my ALBUS Wiper Blades are getting replaced. First one HELLA DynaEdge , and the second one BOSCH. Both are costlier but disappointed me as they were not long lasting despite the car was not much exposed to rain and kept in shade and portico.

This time, I have decided to renew the rubbers as our friends HaruH & CRACING did (Please read/refer the denoted pages below) but unfortunately the frames looked weathered after that accident, so decided to try a value for money product.

Thought of 'myTVS Frameless Wiper Blades' but again found as a Chinese import and around Rs. 600.00, so skipped.

Finally decided to buy Eagle Wiper Blades Honda City and got exact specification 24"/14" and really value for money @ Rs.400/-.

I am happy that the quality is good and also looks good.
ANHC WIPER.jpg

READ MORE IN THIS THREAD: WIPER BLADES 28, 101,103, 114,117, 119

The Great Wiper Debate: Up or Down?
I don’t know, whether my keeping down of the previous wipers made them not long lasting.
So, checked online and found … it is meant for frozen blades in snow and ice zones and, still an everlasting debate.[lol]

Last edited:
Warm white will be cozy, romantic but will not be brighter and makes not much difference from OE bulbs. May go well if you are planned also to go with any Footwel Lights.

better avoid it at present. Buy the cheap, commonly available white one temporarily if you want immediately or wait for some time as the situation is improving.

Please note, this single festoon led type will not be a brighter one unless you go for the one I suggested here.
Thanks for the clarification doctor. As you suggested i have also planned for footwell light for both front and back seats in near future.

(Anyway, if it is of not much use without footwell light i will better hold replacing for some more time)

Finally decided to buy Eagle Wiper Blades Honda City and got exact specification 24"/14" and really value for money @ Rs.400/-.

I am happy that the quality is good and also looks good.
Eagle brand make good quality products; I have their 3d mats and they are still good as new. As of wiperbades, I'm still using Chinese ones on Bosch frame and they are doing fine.

For a week or so I was ill (Acidity, Dehydration, Balance Disorder and Weakness) hence I didn't use my PC. Only once in a while checked this forum from my smartphone. Fortunately now I have almost recovered and started using my PC for few hours a day.. [:)]

Last month I have bought Karcher Pressure Washer and wanted to make review thread but due to health issues I had to postpone. I have taken product snapshots but later it started raining and I couldn't make videos of washing my car.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I hope you all are fine. The COVID situation is getting really tense here, as there are multiple positive patients in my society itself.

My last update was that of a new Amaron Hi-Life Pro battery, but I have myself asked the point of contact from batterybhai.com to hold off for a couple of weeks more until at least my society is free of COVID, I don't want to risk anyone's health, as the City is going to be in a long slumber anyway. So I'll install a battery when I feel I'd be needing the Honda soon. The existing battery hasn't given up on me, starts without a fuss (if the A.C, fan, player and all electricals are off) but just malfunctioning, so I think I can hold off a replacement until it's safe.

Moving on, there's another Honda City (same model as us) and once on checking the car, when I took her out for a short spin on the request of the owner, I found that even on pressing the accelerator pedal, she doesn't accelerate beyond a point, and the engine check light is ON, I immediately turned back and since then, haven't used her, and notified the owner of the same. Yesterday, on slightly dabbing the accelerator pedal, she accelerates for far too long even after taking my foot off the gas. What could be the issue?

Also, I haven't yet received the owners manual yet, either from the previous owner, nor Honda. Does anybody here have a PDF copy of the owners manual of our variant?

- Regards, Manas.

Also bought the following items

Car Seat Storage Bag Back Seat Organizer Box Car Seat Back Storage Bag Pad Cups Storage Holder Fabric Child Anti-kick
US $4.98 29% OFF|2020 New Car Seat Storage Bag Back Seat Organizer Box Car Seat Back Storage Bag Pad Cups Storage Holder Fabric Child Anti kick|Stowing Tidying| - AliExpress

Cable Organizer Magnetic Cable Management USB Cables Holder Silicone Flexible Desktop Clips Desktop Cable Manager TPE 1PC/2PCS
US $1.29 30% OFF|Cable Organizer Magnetic Cable Management USB Cables Holder Silicone Flexible Desktop Clips Desktop Cable Manager TPE 1PC/2PCS|Cable Organizers| - AliExpress

Festoon 31mm 36mm 39mm 42mm LED Bulb C5W C10W Super Bright 4014 SMD Canbus Error Free Auto Interior Doom Lamp Car Styling Light
US $2.74 |Festoon 31mm 36mm 39mm 42mm LED Bulb C5W C10W Super Bright 4014 SMD Canbus Error Free Auto Interior Doom Lamp Car Styling Light|lamp 12v|921 led bulbcanbus no error - AliExpress

Universal Car Fake Solar Power Alarm Lamp Security System Warning Theft Flash Blinking Anti-Theft Caution LED Light
US $0.72 35% OFF|1 Pc Universal Car Fake Solar Power Alarm Lamp Security System Warning Theft Flash Blinking Anti Theft Caution LED Light|Decorative Lamp| - AliExpress

Last edited:
Hello Sir,

Hope you are doing well.
It was a quiet a long time after I am visiting TAI and specially this Thread. Saw Albus damage post, very sad to see that state of the car.
You got her shine back which is great to see.

I have ordered this OBD scanner today. Does anyone have any experience regarding it's usage?

XTOOL 2019 Bluetooth V1.5/V2.1 Mini Elm327 obd2 scanner OBD car diagnostic tool code reader For Android Windows Symbian English
US $3.99 |XTOOL 2019 Bluetooth V1.5/V2.1 Mini Elm327 obd2 scanner OBD car diagnostic tool code reader For Android Windows Symbian English|Code Readers & Scan Tools| - AliExpress
I have the same OBD scanner (Not sure it is v1.5 or v2.1 though) which I had bought 6 years ago and it is still working fine. I use piston app on my android phone. You can check this doctor's post for more details.

However, 0.5 USD for it so damn cheap! Reviews are positive so it should be good hopefully.

Hello Sir,

Hope you are doing well.
It was a quiet a long time after I am visiting TAI and specially this Thread. Saw Albus damage post, very sad to see that state of the car.
You got her shine back which is great to see.
Welcome back sirji. [:)]

Top Bottom