My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #1,922

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
ALBUS INJURED Continues…

I was afraid that my ALBUS would get injured more than the accident if he continuous to be there in an open area day and night.
Works / Service personnel were very good in talking, they know how to mesmerize the customer and even they told me that they were interested to buy ALBUS for their self and assured me they would take care personally.
But, I understood that they did not raise invoice for the spares even after two days’ despite telling that I am a car enthusiast and Honored Member of a reputed Indian Auto Forum.

I came to know about the Head of Honda Customer Care through my LinkedIn India link and decided / sent this mail to him.

2.jpg

There was an immediate response and follow up and got my spares within a week. The Works Manager understood that I am not a regular customer and the car was ready on the 11th day.

BUT !!!

I went there to the workshop personally to pick up my car on 9th June and waited.
The car was produced in front of me after a wash and quick polishing. But my conscious warned me something could still be wrong, I checked and found both Brake Lights and Horns were not working.
I am told coolly that the Hella horns were damaged and they would not touch any aftermarket installation. When I asked what would they expect me to do, they said that I need to go to another third party workshop to refit new horns after again dismantling the new bumper.
This attitude really irritated me as how could they expect a customer to drive a car without the most important safety features, the horns and rear brake lights.

I asked, whether they could provide me at least OE stock horns, ‘no stock’ reply came. When I asked why did not they tell me about the damaged horns during the last 11 days, no reply came.

I told them that I cannot take such risk of driving, asked to check the rear brake lights and, told them to remove my horns to check, also any damage to electrical lines.
The Works Manager came back after half an hour, brought the damaged horns and told that they failed to sound but corrected the rear brake lights as the switch was loose.

I told him to wait, keep open the bumper, left the workshop to an Automobile spares shop at town in my friend’s car, bought the same Hella Signature Red Grill @ Rs. 2000/-, fitted and took the car back home after paying my bill of Rs.27000.

They have handed over my DRL lights fitted earlier over my bumper after cutting the wires as they were not keen in restoring all my special lights and the damaged horns. Actually those horns would have worked by simple removal and resetting of the red protective grill which was pressing the diaphragm due to accidental impact which I found later.

Happy to see my ALBUS back home. I have checked and corrected all my special led lights, cleaned the dirty marks on the door arm pads and found the Bosch wiper rubber blades torn. Ordered online a new one. Didn’t put back my earlier DRLs over front bumper vents as my Fogs have LED bulbs.

Next day, I had another shock!

3.jpg

There were some water drops below the car, got confused whether from the car or undried rain water. Looked down below the engine, OMG they have not even removed the red soil got into the engine compartment at the time of accident. Painfully, sent that photo to the Works Manager, asked him what feedback ratings that he would expect from me and what’s the guarantee that they securely fitted the AC Condenser and Radiator.
He didn’t reply to my WhatsApp message, but next day morning called me and pleaded that he would send the driver for pick and correction.

What is my interesting experience, the Works Manager went to the level of convincing me that he had taken extra ordinary care and even fixed a better AC condenser as mine was useless. But, I told him not lie as I have the part and serial number of my original AC condenser that met with accident and he fitted the same back into my car what I also preferred. He felt guilty and embarrassed.

I told, I would come personally, wanted to see chassis underneath car on ramp that he must allow and should check / correct everything to his best. I went there, checked all the clamps & looked to understand everything okay.

He ensured everything okay and handed over the car with an apology.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,923

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Clip_2.jpg

@Dr Mayank Dixit (mayankdixit), @Sri Srikanth (CRACING), @Sri R.K. Nair (Nairrk), @ManasN95, @Dr Rejaneesh (Drbeat)
I am grateful to have such a well-wisher in my life who care about my happiness as if it’s part of their own.
I am grateful to be loved and to be able to love.
With Deep Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

PS: Also my Thanks and Regards to bhvm, VISHNUCARCRAZY, deville_56 and, to all those who felt for me.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Glad to See the beast back on Duty.
Most of the people won't have an Enthusiast's eye like we TAIgers have. Hence No one would have actually noticed the red soil and everything.
Sadly the ASCs are not willing to step up either.

I guess you have already soldered the LED/Horn wires which ASC have cut.
Now we await some happy pics on a nice long drive doctor.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
But, I told him not lie as I have the part and serial number of my original AC condenser that met with accident and he fitted the same back into my car what I also preferred. He felt guilty and embarrassed.
That was a deep knock on his head from your side. Poor guy - could have never imagined that a customer keeps his car's OEM parts details in custody.. These people never realize how much we love / care our rides.

And you did a good thing personally present there when they did that final work, by not giving any chance for them to create another excuse

Finally, good to see your ALBUS shining again.[cheers]

Never mention sir .
The way you handled the situation teaches us how an educated, professional should behave.
Really hats off to remain so composed (even though instances mentioned here demanded sound thrashing [anger]).
As mayankji told , all is well that ends well.
Treat albus by taking him to the place you worship, let all evil eyes fade away.
Touchwood , bless both Albus and you too sir.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Good to see the car in new condition. One thing I have understood is be it any car company , they will always let you down one way or another. Be it hyundai , Tata , ford , honda etc. My suggestion to all new buyers are never to judge a brand based on the service quality , you will always have mixed feelings.

Good to see her back in her gleaming glory! Looks as gorgeous as ever!

Referring to my earlier questions, I'm still stuck on my brake pads decision! I'm the most confused person you'll ever come across

I'm also contemplating Rogerabs (coil spring dampeners?), There is a long trip in November, where I'll be having 4 people with their 10 day luggage, and I would hate if the car would scrape the bumps. Generally I would take the car very slowly on bumps or diagonally too, but that's even on 2 people on board. I'm afraid what would happen with 4+luggage. Please advise.

Installed 100/90 with a Bosch relay till I can study further to fix on a good white-ish bulbs or LEDs. Also want to change the fogs, cabin light, parkings to LED white. Looking forward!

P.S: Stocking up on the washing+detailing goodies before monsoon.

Thread Starter #1,931

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
I guess you have already soldered the LED/Horn wires which ASC have cut.
Yes, carefully secured.

These people never realize how much we love / care our rides.
True, we are different.

Treat albus by taking him to the place you worship, let all evil eyes fade away.
Love you for your caring words; will be done.

Did they change cross member or any deformation to it. I suggest you to do Alignment test
Thanks for being with me. Checked Cross Member during under chassis inspection- perfect by God's grace. Wheel Alignment - Exactly I wanted. Found no issues in the suspension side. But, I understood, it’s time to change my 8 years old OE tyres as the warning signs for TIRE DRY ROT started in the front ones. Decided to change all and do with wheel alignment shortly.

My suggestion to all new buyers are never to judge a brand based on the service quality , you will always have mixed feelings.
Agreed. It depends upon the human you meet as whether he is empathetic irrespective of the Brand , Corporate or Organization..

All is well that ends well. Hopefully you will continue enjoying the car just like before, with no new surprises.
Sure, I will be very careful to avoid new painful surprises.

Good to see her back in her gleaming glory! Looks as gorgeous as ever!
Thanks dear. Shall reply to your other queries separately.

I am touched, thank you for all of your feelings and responses.

With Warm Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Sir I am happy that the car is back and very very happy that you and your family are fine.
A question, did you note serial number of the AC condenser etc. before handing it over to them? Are you taking comprehensive insurance for this? Some companies are providing zero dep insurance after 3 years but ofcourse at a higher premium.

Thread Starter #1,933

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
A question, did you note serial number of the AC condenser etc. before handing it over to them? Are you taking comprehensive insurance for this? Some companies are providing zero dep insurance after 3 years but ofcourse at a higher premium.
Thanks for your good wishes. I took photos of all damaged parts before leaving to workshop for my reference to share my experience in this forum and for insurance claim purpose as well. That was helpful.
Nil Dep (or) Bumper to Bumper is an add on cover only available for cars up to five years old and ALBUS is not eligible now, I need to bear almost 40 to 50% of the cost of spares if replaced that also includes a part of paint cost, except for glass parts and labor works.

Last edited:
Bit late here and good to hear everything well now, Albus looks as new as it was earlier and you are well that matters most. Came here to get an advice for tyre change, my car is same year and model as Albus. Gone through few old post here and than you for maintaining the first page as index page its becomes extremely easy and fast to get any information as needed. Thinking of buying new 195/60 R15 instead of stock size and wondering if anything else required to do while changing to bigger size. I do have OEM alloy wheels and my car is parked and not in use from last 3.5 years as I am not in India but my brother keeps her running every few weeks and takes for quick run around city. I am planning to come back now and thinking to change at earliest so she is ready to serve again and she has done only 32k km till date and everything is stock including tires Hope I am taking right decision to upgrade tire size to 195/65 R15, please do guide me on your experience.

Top Bottom