My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@Suryaputhra

Nice product but for personal use it looks overkill, isn't it? May be those who have multiple cars or car service center find this very useful. I don't wanna spend so much for a tool thats rarely used. I mean AC system doesn't get dirty often and our car has cabin air filter to filter out most of the dirt.

Tomorrow I will take out the blower again and see if I can access evaporator through endoscope camera.

Fungus will form irrespective of dust due to condensation form on the evaporator fins. It is the main cause of smell and breathing problem. Newer and luxury cars evaporator is coated with anti fungal and anti bacteria coating. You can use your endoscope camera to inspect if fungus found you can sue 18W aquarium water pump and aquarium pipe as shown in the above videos. You can stimulate the process shown in the videos by splitting into two separate process I do the same.

Hi Everyone, After many years of negligence towards my car, my cars paint is damaged severely, now I need to repaint my car, so can anyone suggest good paint shop in Pune? And if anyone has done repaint recently please share do's and don'ts as well their experience.
DSCN1836_LI.jpg

My car colour is same as yours,
Whole purpose of going for an overcoat was, the running below doors were getting rusted and paints getting chipped off. Initially wanted to get rid of the rust and get those panels painted/restored. Unfortunately, costs were exhorbitant (about 30K for restoring the panels alone) and could not get hold of right paint shop to address the issue. So the hunt started,

My car generally gets serviced either in Arya Honda in Mumbai or Crystal Honda, Wagholi Pune. Both of them insisted me ongoing for a full overcoat with the replacement of from bumper (As the bumper clips along with bumper were damaged - wear and tear due to reckless Mumbai drivers ) Somehow, I was not that much confident with Crystal and they quoted me Rs. 70K for the overcoat too.I also consulted 3M Car care, Kalyani Nagar, Mr. Firoz Inamdar, he was very helpful and was willing to prepare a case of accidental damage, so as to claim from insurance. I was bit sceptical with that though, but, that said ( As I did not want my car to be purposely damaged), he was very much helpful and informative. Do speak to him and take the decision accordingly. Also, evaluate the insurance claims to increase in annual premiums carefully before going via insurance channel.
Firoz Inamdar
Shop No. 101, Fortaleza Co-Operative Housing Society,
Vitoria II, Next to Vodafone Store, Kalyani Nagar, Pune - 411 006.
Personal: +91 9158304729 | Off Mobile: 8698348348 | 8606348348

Arya Honda, Kalina, Mumba, did a nice job on the overcoat. The regret still is, running boards to which rust popped up and got restored by them. There are paint bubbles that have popped up, when I showed to them (Arya Honda, Kalina) they mentioned that the rust might come back again and have asked me to get the car again, which i am planning post-monsoon.
My suggestion would be to focus on tackling the rust and then go for the overcoat. I also made a mistake by just going for overcoat instead of pearlcoat coz of the cost/s. They were asking me for additional 15K for it. Pearlcoat will have more shinier finish, if you closely look, there will shinier granules on the layer of the paint (sorry unable to explain properly[frustration]). I also did other mechanical works as follows,
1) Paint Overcoat : 55K (with the replacement of front bumper)
2) Steering rack repair
3) Replacement of suspension/s (as my suspension were making noise and very bad roads/car(speed)breakers in and around Mumbai.
4)Clutch plate worn off, to replaced

In all, it costed me Rs. 135K

Trust I tried to address your query.
Cheers!
BK

My car colour is same as yours,
Whole purpose of going for an overcoat was, the running below doors were getting rusted and paints getting chipped off. Initially wanted to get rid of the rust and get those panels painted/restored. Unfortunately, costs were exhorbitant (about 30K for restoring the panels alone) and could not get hold of right paint shop to address the issue. So the hunt started,

My car generally gets serviced either in Arya Honda in Mumbai or Crystal Honda, Wagholi Pune. Both of them insisted me ongoing for a full overcoat with the replacement of from bumper (As the bumper clips along with bumper were damaged - wear and tear due to reckless Mumbai drivers ) Somehow, I was not that much confident with Crystal and they quoted me Rs. 70K for the overcoat too.I also consulted 3M Car care, Kalyani Nagar, Mr. Firoz Inamdar, he was very helpful and was willing to prepare a case of accidental damage, so as to claim from insurance. I was bit sceptical with that though, but, that said ( As I did not want my car to be purposely damaged), he was very much helpful and informative. Do speak to him and take the decision accordingly. Also, evaluate the insurance claims to increase in annual premiums carefully before going via insurance channel.
Firoz Inamdar
Shop No. 101, Fortaleza Co-Operative Housing Society,
Vitoria II, Next to Vodafone Store, Kalyani Nagar, Pune - 411 006.
Personal: +91 9158304729 | Off Mobile: 8698348348 | 8606348348

Arya Honda, Kalina, Mumba, did a nice job on the overcoat. The regret still is, running boards to which rust popped up and got restored by them. There are paint bubbles that have popped up, when I showed to them (Arya Honda, Kalina) they mentioned that the rust might come back again and have asked me to get the car again, which i am planning post-monsoon.
My suggestion would be to focus on tackling the rust and then go for the overcoat. I also made a mistake by just going for overcoat instead of pearlcoat coz of the cost/s. They were asking me for additional 15K for it. Pearlcoat will have more shinier finish, if you closely look, there will shinier granules on the layer of the paint (sorry unable to explain properly[frustration]). I also did other mechanical works as follows,
1) Paint Overcoat : 55K (with the replacement of front bumper)
2) Steering rack repair
3) Replacement of suspension/s (as my suspension were making noise and very bad roads/car(speed)breakers in and around Mumbai.
4)Clutch plate worn off, to replaced

In all, it costed me Rs. 135K

Trust I tried to address your query.
Cheers!
BK
Thanks for the reply.
I am getting my car repainted to the new color - Tafera White from my regular garage. Paint cost was quoted me around 35k(Bhatti Paint/Paintbuth), but my bonnet has rusted badly so need to change that as well few rubbers so it will cost me around 42k without changing the headlights n taillights as they need to be replaced too.
I'll post pictures when I'll go to the garage this weekend.

@Dr MUDHAN @CRACING My cars dashboards color is faded very badly, and I think previous owner tried to repaint it but it didn't worked well.
What can I do to restore my cars dashboard? Leather wrapping is costly option which I can't opt, and painter is saying if I repaint, it won't last long. Please suggest.

Attachments

bhvm

Honoured Member
Wrap will be the best thing. You can buy wrap sheets and do yourself. It wont be that costly.
Painting is also a good option and i have good success using wheel paint on my Elephant. Rest details on the resp thread.

Wrap will be the best thing. You can buy wrap sheets and do yourself. It wont be that costly.
Painting is also a good option and i have good success using wheel paint on my Elephant. Rest details on the resp thread.
I have asked for the costing of dashboard paint, if it cost much then l will opt for vinyl.

My 4+ years of micheliin xm2 are almost dead, so now it's time to change them.
Now I am looking for budget friendly tyre as I don't drive my car often so don't wanna spend much on it.
Previously I had upgraded to 195 60 R15, I am thinking of keeping the same size.
So could anyone suggest good budget tyres?
I saw Accelera tyres today which was for 4k n sales person was pushing hard for it telling me it's high performance as well ISI certified Indonesian tyres. So any one used it or should I avoid them like Chinese tyres?

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom