My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Mm , in my friend's diesel fiesta , the injector was having trouble , so used STP diesel injector cleaning (Mixed with diesel) , what happened was after 2 days , the vehicle again started behaving worser (Injector misfired).
How many kilometers did you drive after mixing the cleaner? I don't think it will make difference (positive or negative) in short period.

May be the issue was more serious (i.e faulty injector) rather then clogged or contaminated fuel injectors? How did it get resolved?
What our Mechanic told was , present day injector nozzle alone can be cleaned (By repressurising) , or it can be replaced , no injector cleaning is recommended. Ford doesn't even recommend throttle body cleaning .
Thats true, car manufacturers won't recommend using fuel additives or cleaning it but I have read many positive feedbacks of people who have used injector cleaners.

I liked the Mugen Front Grill more then the Modulo but I have 2009 ANHC. I could find some links for Indian buyers.

This one looks same as Modulo, shown by Dr MUDHAN
IMPORTED NEW HONDA CITY IVTEC FRONT GRILL - Buy car accessories online india, autogully.in

This is like Mugen's but not painted.
Welcome to Performance Zone

Another one but doesn't look so nice.
Welcome to Performance Zone

Looks like this one is fixed above the existing front grill but not sure.
Galio-Honda City-Front Show Grill Spl (IV-Tec)

You can get plenty of more accessories from Car Performance Parts,Car Exterior Lighting,Car Modification Parts[:)]

@Dr MUDHAN, Do you really think there is a difference and 2012 Facelift ANHC front grill? The shape looks same to me, no idea about backside though. Of course the bumper is different but I think even bumper fits to both. May be Honda hasn't changed the chassis, just redesigned the front look of bumper and grill in facelift version.

Dear all,
First of all i want to give thanks & gratitude to Dr MUDHAN for the detail threads which inspire me to read your posts.
Hello i am new to this thread in posting and reply but i am frequent reader of the posts . i am also having the 2012 Facelift ANHC V AT carnelian red pearl color. As i am working in Honda group company . The company where i work manufactures seats for Honda's all over the world. They are having operations in 16 countries and mother plant & Head office is in Japan. As i am japanese interpreter in the company. i am also involved in development of FMC( Full model Change) , MMC ( Minor Model Change ) as per my knowledge and experience there is little profile change & 2012 Facelift ANHC is having Chrome plating and 2009-11 was having paint finish.

Dear Dr Mudhan sir,
I am amazed that your battery life is very short. My car battery life was 6 yrs. even it was working fine but car was taking a little long self in winter then usual . My car is automatic i was in fear if the battery is week so you cannot start the car by pushing ( Dhaka धक्का start ) as we can do in manual transmission. so i changed it around mid Jan. But the battery which my car was having i put that battery in father santro and working fine. I think car battery life also depends on the running conditions of the car. My car running is around 60 -70 kms daily on weekends it is around 200 kms. In 60 -70 kms the alternator charges the battery well. I think so.

PART: LXVI

MY ALBUS: HOW DID I GET OUT THE "STUCK" IGNITION KEY!

Today morning, it’s happened.

I was casually turning the ignition key to understand the positions to affix the Ignition Ring Sticker which I recently bought.

Suddenly I realized that I could not get my car key out of ignition and though the car can start and go but when I stop, I could not remove the key. I checked up whether the steering lock occurred and that too not getting locked.

My mind started worrying … painful thoughts flew over immobilizer.. Opening the ignition cylinder and so on!

I left the car to check internet for help and it was still more confusing…

There were more help on “How to get into a car locked key inside” and more talks about hammering the key, airbag mishap, spraying WD40, some are specific to automatic gear cars etc.,

At last, decided to call Honda service and I was not ready for any costly mistake.

Suddenly my mind thought of my Automobile Engineer friend and I called and told him the issue. He was cool and gave me confident that it is not difficult to remove such key and it happens in modern steering design. He just told me to put the car neutral @ hand break on and to turn the steering wheel clock and anticlockwise and to give little pressure over the key to turn both side and assured me in one position the key will get released.

Ok I decided to try by praying the Almighty and did it – OMG it worked and relieved me from my mental stress.

Later, some good information I collected over this issue:​

HOW TO GET A STUCK KEY OUT OF A HONDA IGNITION

From Here: How to Get a Stuck Key Out of a Honda Ignition | eHow

Honda makes many models of sedans, coups and trucks for both private and commercial use. Honda steering wheels are designed to lock when the vehicle is turned off to prevent movement of the vehicle by anyone other than the owner. Occasionally, the steering wheel lock will cause the key to stick in the ignition, making it very difficult, if not impossible to remove. This is very common with many types of vehicles, and a simple method exists to remove the key quickly and easily.
Instructions

1 Ensure that the vehicle is off and in "Park" or "Neutral." If the vehicle is in gear or running, the key cannot be removed.
2 Place your left hand on the top of the steering wheel and place your right hand on the key.
3 Wiggle the steering wheel left and right, and attempt to turn the key into a different position, such as the "Accessory" or "On" position. Continue until the key moves freely.
4 Turn the key back to the "Off" position, then pull the key out of the ignition.

From Here: How to Fix an Ignition Key That Doesn't Turn: 7 Steps

Apply pressure to the key and turn the steering wheel back and forth to attempt to find a free spot where the key turns. A very common reason for the key not turning in modern cars is that the steering column lock can be in a bind. When this happens, you'll need to exert pressure against the ignition mechanism and persist until it unlocks. For those with a sense of humor, this is often called "the steering wheel jiggle."
[:D]
Dear Dr. Mudhan,
Greetings of the day.
Some problem occurs to me also 1 year before. i talked to my friend who is working in Honda. He said as this problem does not occurs in general. Reason behind this can be the car key ring. which i think so is quite heavy and put load on lock set. As now days we are have immobilizers in cars. May be it can be considered as one reason for key not coming out.
Thanks & Regards
Sandeep Yadav

^^ I checked my VIN online on Honda India website but it says "No product update needed" though my car is Oct 2012 manufactured.
Mine is also Feb-2012, V-AT sunroof model when i sent car to service center in 2016 don't remember the date & month they changed the Unit 'Air bag inflalator unit ' passenger side. no cost charge by me. Cost was around 4700 Rs.

Hey guys..
Quick question, how do you rate your City's AC cooling ?
I have had my City for almost three years now. Never felt the bone chilling AC effect I feel in my friend's Vento.
I serviced the AC yesterday, cleaned everything and topped up the Freon gas. Still don't feel that its that quick to cool the car on a hot afternoon.

Good to see thread is still active. I wanted to know if anyone knows good paint shop from where I can repaint my honda city 2009 model in pune. I don't want to spend that much, I'll post the pics of my car soon.

(Hey guys..
Quick question, how do you rate your City's AC cooling ?
I have had my City for almost three years now. Never felt the bone chilling AC effect I feel in my friend's Vento.
I serviced the AC yesterday, cleaned everything and topped up the Freon gas. Still don't feel that its that quick to cool the car on a hot afternoon.)
Yes, even I never felt chilling effect like I feel in newer cars.

Hello Friends,

In my car, I used to get slight muddy smell whenever I turned on the fan. Cabin air filter was replaced last year and is still clean so that's ruled out. Then one of my friend (who was working in TATA service center) said to check AC blower which is right below glove box in our car and is easy to remove (secured with 3 screws and a power plug). The blower fins had thick bonded dust; which means cabin air filter didn't stop fine dust. It took me an hour to clean it because it has got plenty of fins and brush didn't help much. The AC duct also has some dust but its not easy to remove so I tried using vacuum cleaner on blower mode but I guess it didn't help much. Later I have reinstalled the blower and now the air doesn't smell muddy and if any, it must be from AC duct.

Meanwhile, I have spent hours finding AC cleaner and disinfectant sprays but didn't felt worth the try and they do more harm then good. ASC use foam ac cleaning spray which will give fragrance for few weeks like a deodorant and I don't believe its gonna clean anything. Another way is to remove the whole AC system which is behind the dashboard and clean it but its not a easy task and ASC they will charge a bomb.

Anyway for now the problem is solved and below are DIY snapshots:
CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_01.JPG
CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_06.JPG
CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_07.JPG

To the dashboard vents:
CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_08.JPG

There is something inside and it looks clean; though I'm not sure what it is:
CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_09.JPG

Here is the dirty blower:
CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_02.JPG CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_03.JPG CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_04.JPG

Here is the blower after cleaning.
CR_ANHC_AC_Blower_05.JPG

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
If possible clean evaporator(cooling coil). with small pipe and aquarium pump.
Evaporator is located deeper inside the dashboard so it is difficult to access or remove and also it will be gas filled.

For now the problem is solved; if it gets worst then I will take it to ASC. [:)]

Need not remove evaporator and refill gas. You can insert a aquarium pipe and clean using aquarium water pump 18W with just bucket of detergent water. Water comes out from drain pine as usual.

Last edited:
Need not remove and refill gas you can insert a aquarium pipe and using aquarium water pump 18W with just bucket of water. All the water as usual comes out from drain pine.
Through the outlet duct? Doesn't it damage something if I send water? Do you know any diy guide link or youtube video?

There is something inside the outlet duct of the blower (posted a picture above) and I'm not sure what it is. Looks like some coil.

It is quite safe nothing will be damaged. There are endoscope cameras with water jet to clean evaporators available on Aliexpress. but expensive. I will upload video and share here.

It is quite safe nothing will be damaged. There are endoscope cameras with water jet to clean evaporators available on Aliexpress. but expensive. I will upload video and share here.
I have usb endoscope camera (not with water jet though) but I forgot to use it to check evaporator condition. Anyway, I will wait for your video and see if I can do it.

@Dr MUDHAN
Dear sir, may your day be filled with lots of happiness and joy. A very happy birthday to you. [clap]

Top Bottom