My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Temporary solution for tilted blade claw on frame-less wiper blade

Did you face tilted blade claw on wiper blade that causes to chattering sound and improper cleaning? Its called Park Set Rubber and it happens when the wiper blade is left idle for long duration or under sunlight or after prolonged usage. To prevent or reduce this problem, we have fold the wiper blade while the car is parked but its annoying to do it everytime. My Bosch Clear Advantage wiper blade ended up with Park Set Rubber. Solution is to buy new blade or the whole set but I have found a temporary solution; that is to flip the blade and it is pretty easy to do.
Fliping_Blade_Of_Wiper-Blade_001.jpg

Instructions:

1. Remove the wiper blade from wiper arm and wash it if its dirty.

2. As shown in below picture, gently pull the rubber blade and you'll see some gap on the end cap. The gap is present on one side only. If you don't see the gap, check the other side. Then carefully pry open the end of rubber blade and gently drag it through the gap.
Fliping_Blade_Of_Wiper-Blade_002.jpg
Fliping_Blade_Of_Wiper-Blade_003.jpg
Fliping_Blade_Of_Wiper-Blade_004.jpg
Fliping_Blade_Of_Wiper-Blade_005.jpg

3. Flip the blade and insert it though the gap. That means you are changing the angle of tilt of blade claw.

4. After it fits on the track, push it back to the end.

5. Do the same thing on the other wiper blade(s).

Note: Above said instructions is for frame-less wiper blades. I think its possible to do same on conventional wiper blades too.
If the blade is torn or damaged, you'll have to replace it. I believe the rubber blade is available in market and should be much cheaper then whole set.

I hope this will be helpful to someone.
Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Hello Friends,

My car needs new engine oil and I'm looking to get it done from FNG. So far I used to visit ASC for servicing but their scheduled service and my running are not matching up. Also they don't do jobs off-the-record or without timed km servicing. Last time gear oil was replaced but wasn't really necessary.

Now with the help of Dr's guide about Engine oil, I have decided to go for semi-synthetic oil. However, I'm confused with brands and two grades. Castrol, Shell or anyother? 5w-30 or 10w-40? Please advice.

As per Castrol website, 5w-30 grade is good for stop-start operation which would be very helpful for me. As of 10w-40, I think it is better for summer days. Unfortunately there is no 5w-40 in semi-synthetic.

Along with Engine oil, I will also get brake pads replaced to Brembo (I didn't buy it yet).

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Friends,

My car needs new engine oil and I'm looking to get it done from FNG.

Now with the help of Dr's guide about , I have decided to go for semi-synthetic oil. However, I'm confused with brands and two grades. Castrol, Shell or anyother? 5w-30 or 10w-40? Please advice.

As per Castrol website, 5w-30 grade is good for stop-start operation which would be very helpful for me. As of 10w-40, I think it is better for summer days. Unfortunately there is no 5w-40 in semi-synthetic.

Along with Engine oil, I will also get brake pads replaced to Brembo (I didn't buy it yet).
I would say go for the Castrol Engine Oil 10w 40 semi synthetic buddy. I have been using it since last 5 years and not a single issue by god's grace. Attached below is pic of the lubricants I use for my car. Also, in a FNG do ask for the Honda Oil Filter (It's a Blue color one) as shown. As for brake pads, no need to waste money on Brembo ones since you won't be doing track racing or drifting too often. Simply go for Bosch or the OEM ones. Refer my post: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...um-honda-city-i-vtec-2011-a-4.html#post539116

20160630_162212.jpg

20170525_140927.jpg

20170525_141012.jpg

Also when getting the car's brake pads changed, do have a look on the condition of the discs too and take your call. The disc's skimming costs about 1200/- for both front ones and do have proper test drive with the SA after the brake pads are changed and discs are skimmed.

Regards

Akash

I would say go for the Castrol Engine Oil 10w 40 semi synthetic buddy. I have been using it since last 5 years and not a single issue by god's grace. Attached below is pic of the lubricants I use for my car. Also, in a FNG do ask for the Honda Oil Filter (It's a Blue color one) as shown.
Thank you for quick response.

I saw your car servicing posts and listed Castrol Magnatec 10w-40 as my first option. As 2nd option, I thought about 5w-30 just because it is said to be good for stop-start operation. I use my car often for short distance and rarely for long drives.

As of oil filter, I will try to find OEM filter otherwise I will go for Bosch.

As for brake pads, no need to waste money on Brembo ones since you won't be doing track racing or drifting too often. Simply go for Bosch or the OEM ones. Refer my post: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...um-honda-city-i-vtec-2011-a-4.html#post539116
I think you got OEM brake pads for 5k+?

Brembo brake pads costs ~3k and they are replacement pads, not really performance.

Bosch ones cost less then 1.5k and they may work well too but I don't feel good about them, either because of cost or mixed reviews.

Also when getting the car's brake pads changed, do have a look on the condition of the discs too and take your call. The disc's skimming costs about 1200/- for both front ones and do have proper test drive with the SA after the brake pads are changed and discs are skimmed.
This is done in Honda ASC right? Cannot go there if I get engine oil and brake pads replaced from FNG. Unfortunately ASC doesn't agree to use 3rd party parts neither Mahindra First Choice Services.

Disc's are looking fine for now but I get it rechecked.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I think you got OEM brake pads for 5k+?

Brembo brake pads costs ~3k and they are replacement pads, not really performance.

Bosch ones cost less then 1.5k and they may work well too but I don't feel good about them, either because of cost or mixed reviews.
Ya I got the OEM brake pads for the car and they are working fine. Suggest you to consider the OEM ones since its a matter of brakes. Saving a K or 2K doesn't make a sense in important components like the brake pads.

This is done in Honda ASC right? Cannot go there if I get engine oil and brake pads replaced from FNG. Unfortunately ASC doesn't agree to use 3rd party parts neither Mahindra First Choice Services.
Ya. I would suggest get the oil changed at the FNG and the brake pads at ASC. I did the same too buddy. See, if by using any other good after market brand, the discs develop some issue in future or any other issue comes up then that will be a lot more expensive thing. So, do consider the OEM brake pads and at the ASC you can also take a good TD with the SA once the job is done. It will be ASC's responsibility if anything goes wrong post the change.

Disc's are looking fine for now but I get it rechecked.
[:D]

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Hi Friends,
I'm a newbee to theAutomotiveindia.com. Registered few minutes back after reading this forum because i've also booked City VMT petrol which i'm going to take delivery on 09/08.
Got to say price came down after GST(saved around 50K ) [:D] big relief. I am planning to take Extended Warranty (4 &5th year with unlimited KM) and RSA for 4 years...
Is it necessary to do Underbody and silencer coating for new cars? my friends are suggesting me to go for it because it will reduce noise level inside the cabin.
Apart from this any other changes to be made? your Suggestions are welcome[clap]

Hi Friends,
I'm a newbee to theAutomotiveindia.com. Registered few minutes back after reading this forum because i've also booked City VMT petrol which i'm going to take delivery on 09/08.
Got to say price came down after GST(saved around 50K ) big relief. I am planning to take Extended Warranty (4 &5th year with unlimited KM) and RSA for 4 years...
Is it necessary to do Underbody and silencer coating for new cars? my friends are suggesting me to go for it because it will reduce noise level inside the cabin.
Apart from this any other changes to be made? your Suggestions are welcome
Congratulations on buying a new Honda City and welcome to TAI and Honda City family. [clap]

I'ed say underbody coating has to be done now or never. Once the underbody gets dirty, coating doesn't bond properly nor it helps. It has to be cleaned perfectly but painters won't care. Since you live near sea, its better to get underbody coat including exhaust (High-temp paint is required for this), door panels (cavity), engine cover and etc. Sheet metals are more prone to rust then chassis.

BTW; your friends might be correct but its not the case on modern highend cars. Underbody coating makes no difference to noise levels, neither exterior nor interior.

As of other important things, is the horn upgrade. Bosch Symphony or Hella Trumpet. These don't require relay (When there are two horns in the car) but make sure from dealer that you'll have no problem with warranty with this upgrade.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Congratulations on buying a new Honda City and welcome to TAI and Honda City family. [clap]

I'ed say underbody coating has to be done now or never. Once the underbody gets dirty, coating doesn't bond properly nor it helps. It has to be cleaned perfectly but painters won't care. Since you live near sea, its better to get underbody coat including exhaust (High-temp paint is required for this), door panels (cavity), engine cover and etc. Sheet metals are more prone to rust then chassis.

BTW; your friends might be correct but its not the case on modern highend cars. Underbody coating makes no difference to noise levels, neither exterior nor interior.

As of other important things, is the horn upgrade. Bosch Symphony or Hella Trumpet. These don't require relay (When there are two horns in the car) but make sure from dealer that you'll have no problem with warranty with this upgrade.

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thanks CRACING[:)]
Planning to do it on delivery. 2 of my friends also joining with me..Hope will get some discount from 3M[;)]
Yes, will check with the dealer

kkn13

Suspended
@ Cracing Along with Engine oil, I will also get brake pads replaced to Brembo (I didn't buy it yet).

I'm waiting and waiting for feed back.
I drove a friends City with Brembo a while back and my own with brand new OEM ones
Brembo is great but ensure you get it at a good price and fitted by a proper mechanic
OEM ones are more than satisfactory though but cost 6k with fitting etc

Brembo Brake Pads - Quick Review

Brembo_Brake_Pads_P28023S_Header.jpg

Brembo Brake Pads - Initial Review

Hello Friends

I have finally got what I desired, that is Brembo Brake Pads for my Honda City! I'm a big fan of this brand and always wanted to buy something from them. I have spent several months to research about brake pads and how to install them. Honda OEM Brake Pads cost 5k + Labor and I assumed they don't accept aftermarket parts for installation/replacement. 3rd party service centers like Mahindra First Choice Services use their own parts and workmanship of roadside centers are not good or reliable for this job. So I thought do it myself including engine oil change but friends and Suryaputhra said some complexities are involved and special tools are required to do the job. Later I gave a call to one of Honda ASC service adviser and fortunately he agreed to change the pads that I bring, for Rs. 400 labor. That was the end of my dilemma and I was so glad about it.

Meanwhile I was intouch with Carzspares on facebook, the authorized dealer of Brembo. I bought the brake pads last week for 2.7k + shipping from Amazon India and seller shipped the product promptly. Product was new and sealed with a genuine verification code underneath. Contains set of 4 pads in a wrapped cover and assembly instructions booklet. Additional items like sliding metal clips, grease and etc should be bought separately.

Day before yesterday I took my car for servicing and got the pads changed, as well as Engine oil, Cabin filter and Battery Positive Cable. Total spent is 6.2k, Breakup of parts and labor can be seen in the invoice attached below. Suspensions have gone bad so service adviser has placed order for the same on my request. Its kit of 4 suspensions including springs and costs 16k (Including Tax and Labor). ASC will remind me after getting the parts.

Brembo brake pads are working perfectly, smooth and silent but I think pads need to Bed-In to achieve full performance. Both the rotors are in good shape so no skinning is made. Bed-In procedure is simple; Drive normally for few hundred kilometers and don't apply force apply brakes. Then keep driving normally and enjoy the ride. [:)]

Little about other things; Honda has changed their engine oil from Mineral Oil to Synthetic Oil for almost same cost, that is Rs 1,224 + tax per 3.6ltr. Though I doubt its fully synthetic, must be semi. As of battery positive cable, the existing had collision on terminal champ and it made the connection weak. Now I got the whole cable and distribution board replaced. Cost Rs. 1k + 500 labor.

Thats it for now. Once I get the suspensions replaced, I will post review of the same.

Brembo_Brake_Pads_P28023S_001.jpg
Brembo_Brake_Pads_P28023S_003.jpg
Brembo_Brake_Pads_P28023S_004.jpg
Brembo_Brake_Pads_P28023S_005.jpg
Brembo_Brake_Pads_P28023S_007.jpg

Starter Cable Assembly (32410-TF-000). It also includes distribution board.
CR_ANHC09_Battery_Cable.jpg

Old dirty cabin filter on the left side and new filter on the right.
CR_ANHC09_Cabin_Filter.jpg

CR_ANHC09_70k_Servicing_PS.jpg

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Re: Brembo Brake Pads - Quick Review

View attachment 230247

Brembo Brake Pads - Initial Review

Hello Friends

I have finally got what I desired, that is Brembo Brake Pads for my Honda City! I'm a big fan of this brand and always wanted to buy something from them. I have spent several months to research about brake pads and how to install them. Honda OEM Brake Pads cost 5k + Labor and I assumed they don't accept aftermarket parts for installation/replacement. 3rd party service centers like Mahindra First Choice Services use their own parts and workmanship of roadside centers are not good or reliable for this job. So I thought do it myself including engine oil change but friends and Suryaputhra said some complexities are involved and special tools are required to do the job. Later I gave a call to one of Honda ASC service adviser and fortunately he agreed to change the pads that I bring, for Rs. 400 labor. That was the end of my dilemma and I was so glad about it.

Meanwhile I was intouch with Carzspares on facebook, the authorized dealer of Brembo. I bought the brake pads last week for 2.7k + shipping from Amazon India and seller shipped the product promptly. Product was new and sealed with a genuine verification code underneath. Contains set of 4 pads in a wrapped cover and assembly instructions booklet. Additional items like sliding metal clips, grease and etc should be bought separately.

Day before yesterday I took my car for servicing and got the pads changed, as well as Engine oil, Cabin filter and Battery Positive Cable. Total spent is 6.2k, Breakup of parts and labor can be seen in the invoice attached below. Suspensions have gone bad so service adviser has placed order for the same on my request. Its kit of 4 suspensions including springs and costs 16k (Including Tax and Labor). ASC will remind me after getting the parts.

Brembo brake pads are working perfectly, smooth and silent but I think pads need to Bed-In to achieve full performance. Both the rotors are in good shape so no skinning is made. Bed-In procedure is simple; Drive normally for few hundred kilometers and don't apply force apply brakes. Then keep driving normally and enjoy the ride. [:)]

Little about other things; Honda has changed their engine oil from Mineral Oil to Synthetic Oil for almost same cost, that is Rs 1,224 + tax per 3.6ltr. Though I doubt its fully synthetic, must be semi. As of battery positive cable, the existing had collision on terminal champ and it made the connection weak. Now I got the whole cable and distribution board replaced. Cost Rs. 1k + 500 labor.

Thats it for now. Once I get the suspensions replaced, I will post review of the same.

View attachment 230229
View attachment 230231
View attachment 230232
View attachment 230233
View attachment 230234

Starter Cable Assembly (32410-TF-000). It also includes distribution board.
View attachment 230235

Old dirty cabin filter on the left side and new filter on the right.
View attachment 230236

View attachment 230251

Thanks...
Best Regards
Eagerly waiting for the Brembo updates. I was planning to go for it. Though I'm hearing that there are a lot of fake pads in the market which made me to think twice before going for this. Do share your updates [:)]

Re: Brembo Brake Pads - Quick Review

Please report back after highway drives about brake feel and performance.
This is a very simple and safe upgrade.
Eagerly waiting for the Brembo updates. I was planning to go for it. Though I'm hearing that there are a lot of fake pads in the market which made me to think twice before going for this. Do share your updates [:)]
Today I did a short highway drive to perform bed-in and test the brakes. I feel slight improvement (Stopping power and smoothness) in the brakes but it could be subjective also. I was worried about squeaking, vibrations, spongy pedal and fortunately no such issues are noticed. However, one of the rotor has deposits band and I think the pads still need to bed-in properly. Its too early to comment on the performance of pads and I cannot go hard on brakes in the initial period.

CR_ANHC09_Rotor_Deposits_Band.jpg

As of authenticity of pads; The product box had genuine seal and 16-digit anti-counterfeit code underneath, that needs to be verified in brembo.yesno.com.cn website. At first I wondered why its a Chinese website but later understood that yesno provides anti-counterfeit protection for many major brands in the Asian market. I have also inquired the same with seller and he said Brembo has 4 plants in China and they use Chinese anti-counterfeit website for verification.

I have verified my brake pads on the above said website and it said "Thank you for purchasing a genuine product from Brembo". Next I tried again by entering the same code but then it said "The digit you entered has previously been inquired on XXXXXX and is invalid, be aware of counterfeit products.". Also entered wrong code and found its invalid. That means, the anti-counterfeit code is present in their database, its unique and can be verified only once.

My 2012 Honda City has pretty low runs, say 100-200 kms in a month or so. So, let’s assume my car covers a maximum of 3000-4000kms annually. The CITY manual suggests a 6 month oil change interval, should I go for the same? I believe I should change the filter (oil and fuel), and not the engine oil. Will it be okay if I use the same OEM engine oil (mineral) for a full year? Will the oil go bad; lose its properties in a year, in a sparsely used car like mine? I was planning to go for synthetic oil, but it doesn’t make sense. What do you guys suggest?

Top Bottom