My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Wow Congratulations..
Car looks beautiful
waiting for detailed log.
please do not forget to update driving stability
they have introduced wider tires, are they useful?
Thank you brother.

I'm quite new to driving.I was driving my friend's Santro for about a week before buying Honda city. Definitely it is lot better than Santro. LOL.

I will take time and post a detailed log.

On tyres, the stock tyres are the same 175/65/R15 for S, SV and V models. They have increased it to 185/55/R16 for VX and ZX models

Hello doctor and friends,
Today i called to Honda service center for ask the cost of brake pad replacemet for my honda city and they coated RS 6000 for new break pad and labour cost, is really cost that much? I would like to know the real cost of replacement of brake pad.

Hello doctor and friends,
Today i called to Honda service center for ask the cost of brake pad replacemet for my honda city and they coated RS 6000 for new break pad and labour cost, is really cost that much? I would like to know the real cost of replacement of brake pad.
I believe cost of break pads is ~4500 so if you add labor + disk skimming then 6000 would not be that unreasonable.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I believe cost of break pads is ~4500 so if you add labor + disk skimming then 6000 would not be that unreasonable.
It is true. I also asked for the same for my CITY I-vtec a few days back from Honda ASC and they quoted 4500+Labour. So rounding off with taxes anything between 5500-to-6000 is what it will cost. Infact, I would like to know if BOSCH is also providing these brake pads and what would be their cost?

Regards

Akash

It is true. I also asked for the same for my CITY I-vtec a few days back from Honda ASC and they quoted 4500+Labour. So rounding off with taxes anything between 5500-to-6000 is what it will cost. Infact, I would like to know if BOSCH is also providing these brake pads and what would be their cost?

Regards

Akash
I don't know why Honda is charging so much for brake pads. Aftermarket ones from Bosch and Delphi costs around 1k for set of 4 pads! [surprise]

I'm not sure about part no but it must be one in these.

When should one change brake pads in ANHC?
Ive clocked 24k km
I have replaced the brake pads at ~40K KMs currently ODO is 70K+ so I have put 30K KMs on this pads and still it is going. So I believe it should at least survive 30K KMs but again it is majorly depend on the driving style and where the car mainly runs (highway or city).

I don't know why Honda is charging so much for brake pads. Aftermarket ones from Bosch and Delphi costs around 1k for set of 4 pads!
I had tried TVS girling pads but I was not satisfied at all. Initially it was good but after few hundred KMs noise was started coming while braking and there used to be lots of brake dust on wheel cap. I have shown my car to Bosch service center and they told me that TVS girling is hard for honda city and due to that it was making harsh sound. They did rounding of corner of pads and sound went away for couple of hundred KMs and then came back. So later I had replaced it with original Honda pads at ~40K KMs. Honda has nissin brake pads which I think is imported and due to that it may be costly. Just a guess. [:)]

I had tried TVS girling pads but I was not satisfied at all. Initially it was good but after few hundred KMs noise was started coming while braking and there used to be lots of brake dust on wheel cap. I have shown my car to Bosch service center and they told me that TVS girling is hard for honda city and due to that it was making harsh sound. They did rounding of corner of pads and sound went away for couple of hundred KMs and then came back. So later I had replaced it with original Honda pads at ~40K KMs. Honda has nissin brake pads which I think is imported and due to that it may be costly. Just a guess. [:)]
It could be low quality material used in TVS brake pads. How much did they cost?

May be Bosch or Delphi pads are better but again it depends upon type of material used in the brake pads. i.e Semi-Metallic, Ceramic or etc.

Nissin has manufacturing plant in Rajasthan so I don't think Honda imports them. Also, Dealerships are known to make huge profits and give false info like they are imported. [anger]

It could be low quality material used in TVS brake pads. How much did they cost?

May be Bosch or Delphi pads are better but again it depends upon type of material used in the brake pads. i.e Semi-Metallic, Ceramic or etc.

Nissin has manufacturing plant in Rajasthan so I don't think Honda imports them. Also, Dealerships are known to make huge profits and give false info like they are imported. [anger]
TVS pads costed me ~1300 for set. I agreed that dealership are making huge profits for selling parts at higher rates. I believe we don't get original Honda OEM parts in open market. That's the big disadvantage of Honda. [frustration]

Thanks for the providing the information about Nissin's India manufacturing plant. I didn't know about that.

TVS pads costed me ~1300 for set.
Hmm, similar as other brands.

I have been searching in forums for reviews of aftermarket brakes pads but there are only suggestions and no one with a solid review. [confused]

I agreed that dealership are making huge profits for selling parts at higher rates. I believe we don't get original Honda OEM parts in open market. That's the big disadvantage of Honda. [frustration].
I have heard OEM parts are available in Kashmere Gate auto shops for 20-30% less but its only possible for Delhiites to buy.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I have heard OEM parts are available in Kashmere Gate auto shops for 20-30% less but its only possible for Delhiites to buy.
That's a market of Cons. No Guarantee of spares sold there. Prices are cheap but the quality and reliability is a gamble. Maybe for add-on accessories like Seat Cover, Wheel Cover and Bumpers it is ok to buy from there but for something as significant as a brake, best is to go for branded stuff from Bosch, Hella etc.

Regards

Akash

That's a market of Cons. No Guarantee of spares sold there. Prices are cheap but the quality and reliability is a gamble. Maybe for add-on accessories like Seat Cover, Wheel Cover and Bumpers it is ok to buy from there but for something as significant as a brake, best is to go for branded stuff from Bosch, Hella etc.

Regards

Akash
Oops, my bad. Thanks for letting us know.

May be anyone of us should try Bosch brake pads and see how it performs. There is Bosch outlet in my city market and I have bought Bosch wiper blades and horns from there. I will check brake pads availability when I visit the shop again.

Bosch brake pads part no for Honda City mentioned in Bosch website is 0986AB4405-8F8 but there is no mention about model/type/gen.

I have also messaged Carzspares who is a official Brembo dealer. I hope they have brake pads for Honda City and should cost same as OE or less.

Last edited:
Update: Carzspares has stock of Brembo brake pads for 3rd gen Honda City. Cost 3000 including delivery. Link to the discussion.

Nice pricing and I believe these will perform much better then OE brake pads.

Top Bottom