My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello Dr Mudhan and Friends,
Just a suggestion,if you park your car outside even with the car cover,it will start showing signs of rust.So,I suggest to purchase a waterproof cover from local vegetable shops(they can tell the place from where it is available) and then put on the original car cover.I tried this when the door of my Jazz showed signs of rust.It kept the car dry after heavy rains.Hope this helps.
Thanks,

Hello Dr.,

Sorry to interrupt you again regarding car body cover.

I have taken few of shots of my existing car cover so I can show you the quality and material of it. I would like know if you can recognize which type of material it is and whether its safe to use.

(Imperfections to be noticed; many pieces of material stitched together and some have mismatching color, loose threads, shoddy tailoring, flimsy grommet and etc.)

Also it would be helpful to me if you can provide close-up shots of your car body cover (Challenger) so I can search for same material in local stores.

Today I had visited to few car stores but all of them had similar car cover I have now. All are unfamiliar brands, Universal fit, With Belt and no elastic. Sales men say it is polyester but no details in the packing. Cost around 1k +/- 200 Rs. I will see if I can visit more stores this week or I will buy the Challenger Car Cover from Snapdeal and see how really it is. Otherwise, return it like I have done many times on Snapdeal. [:D]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,428

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear CRACING

Your car cover is a Silver, polyester material, almost parachute type with lot of bits.

It is better to have Silver-gray color, High Performance Non-Woven Fabric with good stitches but fewer bits or Joint less panels.

The cover should be non-shiny, tough externally but soft internally. I have actually given a MACRO view of the material in my post, which shows both inner and outer texture of the cover.

I reproduce here again:​
198221d1459867503-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-carcover-3.jpg

However, I have taken another shot by using the cover’s storage bag which is the same material:​

EXTERNAL TEXTURE ( Click open in another page / new tab)​

Car body cover1.jpg

INNER TEXTURE( Click open in another page/ new tab) )​

Car body cover2.jpg

See the funny advertisement of the cover in snap deal web page, same cover for all cars.
car body cover 3.jpg
car body cover 4.jpg

You can also contact the challenger people and may also enquire. Welcome

Please let me know anything to be done at Chennai.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Hello Dr.,

Thank you for giving me the details and pictures. I see if I can find the same material as you have specified. And sorry, I didn't notice the background texture at first glance. Only saw the details on the box.

See the funny advertisement of the cover in snap deal web page, same cover for all cars.
Yes and it is same in Flipkart, Amazon too. Sellers are different but all have used same images including authorized Challenger seller and it is actually sourced from Challenger official website. All of them have mentioned super soft matty in description and polyester in specifications. No mention about polypropylene though (only in ebay listings). I will tell this to Challenger support team and will see what they say.

If I ask polypropylene car cover in local stores, the sales men scratches his head and says 'huh?' [lol]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

I was looking for quiet a long time for proper sunshades which can provide good relief from Sun & heat in this very hot summer.
Being a darker shade on the car it gets heat up very quickly & also affects the performance of A.C.
I went through from different threads & products before getting one for car & finally thought of trying Magnetic Sun Shades which are quiet popular now days. Also I choose the option of zippers for easy access on toll both & parking receipts.

Ordered this from ebay.in,

Zipper Magnetic SUN Shades CAR Curtain FOR Honda City Ivtec | eBay

I found seller is very good he called me for confirmation of model as sun shades are custom fit. After the confirmation he despatched product within two days.
I don't know why FedEx delivery sucks, they took 10 days to delivered the product from Delhi to Mumbai. [anger]

Packaging of sun shades
IMG_5149.JPG
Its very good, got it safely without any damage.

View from Outside
IMG_5152.JPG

View From Inside
IMG_5151.JPG

With Zips for front both windows, Zips quality fees durable
IMG_5153.JPG

Overall good product in that price point also fits perfectly without any issue.
My only worry is, its gets fixed between door frame & weather strip so if it's on place constantly under pressure it can be leads to leakage of water due to damage on weather strip. Also durability of magnets is another factor.
Considering the issue I have decided to use them only while driving (most of my travel is long journey or on highways). [:)]

Hello doctor and friends,
As i promised here to post pictures of my new seat cover,few days ago i installed autoform Uimpress model seat cover for my car,autoform seat covers are good and fit perfect for our car,two year warranty,its took almost 2 hours for installation,got front arm rest cover too,i am really happy about the product quality and fit.

Here is few pictures of my new seat covers.

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0664.JPG

Guys having trouble with cover flying off. I suggest you this JUGAAD that I noticed in mumbai and have used it too. I know that the car cover is an expensive accessory and by doing this we might actually dirty the cover but anyway it primarily solves the problem. All you got to do is push the push the cover into the wheel hubs. This slightly tightens the extra material and makes sure the cover does not move away from where its supposed to be.

Dear All​

How do you like the painted grill in the facelift ANHC 2012

Shall I give another face lift to my ALBUS?

Hello Doctor,

Seems to be nice idea as grey & mat black is going perfectly with the white car. I'll also suggest to try earlier grill of preface-lifted City but i think it wont fit due to bumper design & bracket changes change.
You can also try wrapping as it can be undo. [:)]
Awaiting for your mod.​

Last edited:
Hello doctor,
Painted grill really bring more beauty for your car,you can think about white paint also for grill like 2010 toyota camry, just my suggestion.

image.jpeg

One picture here for to get an idea how really good white painted grill.

Hello Dr.Mudhan and friends,
I have a 2009 Petrol Jazz.I am not a fan of the front grille,but love grille of 2010 Jazz.
comparison.jpg
This is my Jazz having the black grille

comparison201-0.JPG
This is the grill which I love
(copyrights to respective owners)
Now,is it possible to fit the 2010 colored grille on my Jazz?
Please help
Thanks a lot in advance,

Hi Dr. Mudhan. hope you don't mind that i still lurk here. your thread is like a magnet with wonderful inputs from all around. i like the genial atmosphere without the theatrics seen in other forums. after searching for nearly five months finally gave up my search for City 2012 FLE[Facelift Edition]. i came across a few of red colour or old versions but never a black or silver or white ones. so finally today booked a 2014 version of taffeta white. taking delivery by next week. BTW, IMO, black grill suits more to black vehicle. Black can have both the old as well as the silver grill. black grill makes white colour 2012 edition look similar to previous version.

Thread Starter #1,440

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Thanks to all – HaruH, shrijit303, Jijomthw & SUNREX for responding over recoloring of front grill.

Yes, I visualized all possible combinations - on OE chrome, black matt finish, black glossy finish, and white body color … with Red or Black JDM CIVIC type emblem.

I have ordered red emblems, waiting to receive and then I will decide. Please wait for my article.

HONDA RED JDM EMBLEM.jpg

@SUNREX
We are happy that we have not missed you. Congrats [clap] for your choosing ANHC 4TH GEN again. Is there any preference for you to choose taffeta white over orchid pearl white?

Last edited:

Top Bottom