My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello doctor,
My cover also seem like same which i bought, but i dont know why its not suitable,i am posting here a picture of my cover which i bought and do you think any difference?

Attachments

Thread Starter #1,337

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Jijomthw

It looks almost same. You have to remove the original , compare the clips and the distance between clips. Please explore any minor modification of clips will do. I am really worried, sending it back will also cost you. Have you checked up the Indian shipping charges towards return?

Hello doctor,
I have to check the shipping charge though i am planing to show the cover to some other shop for check any possibility to fix the problem.

I asked to honda accessorys department and they told its possible to change old mirror to led type mirror,they said a minor wiring modification needed on new mirror wires,but the price of two mirrors and fittings around 12K,which is soo expensive, i dont think its worth.

Here iam posting a picture of my car,taken one month ago ( recently i got wheel center cap H and shark fin antenna which not installed in this picture)

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,339

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: LXXXIII

ALBUS: BLIND SPOT MIRROR ( YES or NO !)​

BLIND SPOT MIRROR.jpg

Whether it is necessary or unnecessary, I do not know.

But I have noted from some of the top automobile enthusiasts that it is one of must have!

I searched and understood that there are various shapes and sizes … round to square. Some can be pasted over our side RVM and some may be added additionally over the side RVM.

I felt that it should be almost like once popular, as advertised in TV, the Total View model. The Total View model is a Concave design, adjustable to accommodate any driver and provides maximum viewing coverage.

Also, I was so attracted after seeing this video and decided to try one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kz...gY0Dw7jyiesHkW-PilnTmZP45gzlg3xGYyaGs-m6QJubw

The original one is very expensive , goes up to 20 dollars and the market is flooded with cheap counterfeits.

I wanted something other than the circular design, little bigger for clear display but not bigger enough to hide the original RVM display.

Finally I got it from AE, the branded, better quality and priced competitively @ US $3.46

Car Mirror Wide Angle Car Rearview Mirror With 360 Degree Adjustable Car Small Round Mirror Blind Spot Mirror 3R 015-in Mirror & Covers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Actually I first pasted at the right top most corner as recommended by the manufacturer but I felt it that not much of use. I could only see the miniature form of picture what actually I see in the original SRVM. I wanted to remove and re paste it in another spot, but OMG, it was so strong and pasted firmly. I didn’t want to pull and break the glass or damage the electrical tilting mechanism.

I sat and thought, suddenly got an idea of using and cutting the DS tape with the help of nylon thread what we use for dental cleaning (floss). It worked well and I safely cleaned the adhesives over the glass with the help of my wonder liquid – AMWAY SG.

I removed and cleaned the original DS tape of the blind spot mirror and repasted with new 3M tape and tried in another spot – lower left corner, it was ok!

I shall try one more spot, that is top left corner and decide the best spot or may remove permanently if it is of not much use.

I think the positioning of BS mirror is important and may be of use at driver’s side. I don’t think so that the passenger side will be of any use in a bigger car and I doubt whether it would be clear in cars if dark sun control is pasted.

I leave to you, you are the better judge! [:D]

Last edited:
Hello doctor and friends,
After reading our doctor all thread i got lots information and that really helping me to choose the right accessorys,we are really thankful to you doctor for awsome posting.
Today i dicided to get a good gear knob for my car after reading doctor gear knob story, been searching something good and sporty,after a hour search i dicided to buy mugen type gear knob and orderd, also i orderd a mugen type red thread gear shift knob cover, if i change only one part its not seem good,so iam going to change both part( gear knob and cover) which will be perfect match.

Here is the picture what i bought today from aliexpress,cost me around Rs 1300 include shipping.

Here is gear knob cover,mugen type.
I bought from aliexpress and cost me Rs 570.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Doctor ,

I too had used blind spot mirrors ! but they were cheap ones 99 bucks a pair ! had got them from paytm ! they did the job well though ! Sadly they were stolen in my office parking :( ! that's something you must watch out for doctor !

Blind Spots occur on the area towards the outside of the Rear View Mirror.

So the most appropriate position should be toward the outer corner of the OVRM.

Guys are you aware of the Airbag recall from HONDA. I found my car will undergo the replacement. Do check for your ride too.

Japanese auto major Honda Cars today said it will replace driver side airbag inflators in 57676 vehicles of previous generation of City, Jazz and Civic in India.
The replacement drive is a part of Honda's preventive global recall campaign concerning defective air bag inflators supplied by Takata Corporation.
The affected models include midsize sedan City manufactured between January 2012 and June 2013 amounting to 49572 units, 7504 units of premium hatchback Jazz manufactured between February 2012 and February 2013 and 600 units of Civic rolled out between January 2012 and August 2012.
The replacement would be carried out free of cost at HCIL dealerships across India in a phased manner, starting from 20th February 2016, and the company will communicate with customers directly.
The customers can also check whether their car will be covered under this campaign by submitting their 17 character alpha-numeric Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) on the special microsite which has been created on the company's website (www. hondacarindia.com).

Courtesy: Economic Times

@MODS: Since most Honda City members follow this thread, so I thought of posting this news here.

Attachments

@keeprevving

Thanks for letting us know.

@all

So airbag issues have been fixed upto 2011 Honda cars and now they have arranged recall for Honda City 3rd gen face-lift models as well as 2012-13 Jazz and 2012 Civic. I think Dr MUDHAN's The Albus should undergo airbag inflator replacement in this recall now.

From Honda Car India website, owners of said cars can check whether his car is applicable for this recall. Here is the link.

If applicable, I argue you to call your nearest Honda service center and ask if they can replace the inflator. Mostly they will do when the car is given for servicing. Please don't wait for them to call you.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
I noticed our one member asked earlier regarding about install map reading light with sunglass holder, today i noticed some information while i am searching, its seem like possible to fix a map light and sunglass holder,but we have to get a maplight assembly set from ebay,i seen there is lots of honda accord maplight and sunglass holder available.but make sure its really suitable for our cars,iam just giving an information and idea if anyone interested, Maybe it will work on our cars,

Here is the link for how to fix maplights and sunglass holder,

TheXterra.org

Last edited:

Here is the link for how to fix maplights and sunglass holder,

TheXterra.org
Something that I would not attempt.

Not that it would fit our city in the first place since the design is different, but even if it did I would not attempt to tamper with cutting metal crossbars on the roof.

Mine is an even stricter no-no since I have a sunroof.

Hello Friends,

As we all faced issue of the scratching bumper in the traffic very often and frankly speaking there is no way out considering the riding habits of Bikers. And such kind of scratches is really eye sore on neatly maintained car.
From many days I have looking for the solution to get rid of such scratches. Earlier Dr. sir had also given very nice information & his way of doing the touch ups but still the touching up the paints with paint brushes can leave the paint brush marks if not done properly.
I am really interested to use the Com-paint since many days but not able to dare to do so due to painting on car with spray is not that easy task. Recently read very nice thread for touching up the bumper scratches on teambhp regards with com-paint spray kit & decide to try out it.

Ordered com-paint value kit from there site of matching shade.
Link of the Value Kit: Com-Paint Value Pack Kit for Cars - The complete car care solution

Received it in 8 days after the placing of order as they shipped via road courier.

On Sunday morning decide to do the work by keeping in mind if anything goes wrong be ready for Bumper Repaint.. [;)]

The scratches on the bumper
IMG_4757.JPG

Few are very harsh
IMG_4758.JPG

1) Washed car fully and properly to clean all the marks & stains.
2) The kit is come with 2 different grit polish papers i.e. 400 & 2500 Grits, used 400 grit paper as i am not experienced to use it. Sanded the scratched surface properly (always sand in perpendicular direction so that filler can coke up surface evenly & properly).
3) Take required amount of filler to fill up the scratches. Always remember take less quantity as it dries off very quickly. Applicator which is provided in kit is very good to filled up the sanded surface.
4) After the moment of truth which is application of paint on the prep surface. And believe me use of spray can with steady hand requires good practice else paint can drip off & spread unevenly. And being first time user i witnessed few paint dripping & uneven painting on the surface.
Also when paint is wet its very different then the actual car shade but as soon as it dries off the matching of the surface is become almost identical, lets say 90-95% accurate.

Paint when its wet
IMG_4761.JPG

You can see the excess paint which I was talking about

The end result
IMG_4760.JPG

Looks good but not perfect
IMG_4763.JPG

So overall result of the job is I am satisfied but not 100%, Product is really good & easy to use, paint shade is also 95% matches with the car paint. From distance its really impossible to differentiate the area which got rework. On close look the difference can be identify but possible to hide the things if its done with better accuracy.
I am planning to do the job again to matches up perfectly but before that want to do some practice to handle the spray paint can efficiently to achieve more exact results.
Also I advice not to use it on body panels as it required more professional hands & practice.

Love to here your comments & inputs if any. [:D]

Hello friends,

I'm looking for a voltmeter which can be fixed into one of blank switch slots.

Honda_City_Blank_Switches_Slots.jpg

I'm only able to find one type voltmeter which also has USB charging port but it doesn't show decimal numbers because it has only two digit lcd and I'm looking for four digit voltmeter. Has anyone checked this thing or bought it? If so, please let me know.

Voltmeter+USB_For_Honda.jpg

There is another one which has two usb charging ports.

2x_USB_For_Honda.jpg

However, these aren't plug & play so we have to deal with wire striping or tapping prior to installation.

Last edited:
Hello friends,

I'm looking for a voltmeter which can be fixed into one of blank switch slots.

View attachment 195531

I'm only able to find one type voltmeter which also has USB charging port but it doesn't show decimal numbers because it has only two digit lcd and I'm looking for four digit voltmeter. Has anyone checked this thing or bought it? If so, please let me know.

View attachment 195532

There is another one which has two usb charging ports.

View attachment 195530

However, these aren't plug & play so we have to deal with wire striping or tapping prior to installation.
wouldn't be it even more simple to use a OBD dongle and check the reading ?
[confused]

Top Bottom