My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@pavi

Thanks for the detailed explanation about Rev Matching. It sure needs some practicing and I will do so in empty roads when I'll be free.

Till now I used match vehicle speed with the gear and downshift/upshift accordingly and regardless of RPM . i.e 0-10 km/h 1st gear, 10-30 km/h 2nd gear, 30-50 3nd gear and so on.

I have not run the car on 2nd gear at the speed of 39km/h (I would apply break until the speed drops below 30 then I would engage 2nd gear) because I'm afraid that it will stress the engine and gearbox but I gotta try it now.

Last edited:
@pavi

Thanks for the detailed explanation about Rev Matching. It sure needs some practicing and I will do so in empty roads when I'll be free.

Till now I used match vehicle speed with the gear and downshift/upshift accordingly and regardless of RPM . i.e 0-10 km/h 1st gear, 10-30 km/h 2nd gear, 30-50 3nd gear and so on.

I have not run the car on 2nd gear at the speed of 39km/h (I would apply break until the speed drops below 30 then I would engage 2nd gear) because I'm afraid that it will stress the engine and gearbox but I gotta try it now.
The numbers that I have mentioned in my explanation are just for understanding it better. You don't have to downshift to 2nd gear to test what I have told in my previous comment. Any downshift (be it even 5th to 4th gear) at a higher speed would result in increasing the engine rpm to maintain the car speed. But the rise in rpm would be higher in lower gears when compared to higher gears. So you could even test the same while downshifting from 5th to 4th gear. Actually we all must have already done the same while a quick overtaking scenario, but failed to notice the same or unable to find "why" even if noticed.

It is really very nice to imagine what is actually happening in the engine and transmission when you are actually changing your gears. And for that we need to first understand "how it works". You can search in YouTube on engine and transmission working, they do have good animations and I guarantee everybody "Once you know it, driving will be more fun".

I've heard that poweshifting in normal car could cause excessive wear on clutch. be careful bro.
these are NASCAR territories.
I mentioned about power shifting and stuffs just to make my point crisp and clear. I don't do it all the time. I have tried only once. By the way even 'slipping a clutch' is also causing excessive wear, and does it prevent anyone from doing so in city traffic!!!.:stupid:
And I live in Kerala which is blessed with roads that are only second to the roads in Antartica (read, no roads). So I should be a blessed person to even keep my car in 5th gear continously for 1 km even on the so called highways (twists, turns, and narrow potholed roads). After living with the car I have come to the below conclusions.
1. As per the roads in Kerala, a medium soft suspension suits better as the speeds would be well under 90 kms (legal limit on highways), and for masking the potholed roads.
2. I love driving a stiff suspension car as body roll would be well controlled and the fun it gives in cornering. But when we get promoted to a 'family man' (more when your wife is expecting), we would prefer comfort and ride quality over 'fun in corners'.
3. I think the prev. gen Honda City does have a better ride quality but the 4th gen. Honda City has taken a major hit on ride quality as the suspensions are made stiff as a solution for 'bottoming out on speed breakers'. Now the imperfections and bumps are not getting filtered out, and instead getting passed on to the passengers. So on a potholed or imperfect road the undulations are getting absorbed by both suspension and passengers which is very annoying as other passengers think that "HE is a bad driver" and I am worried "I am making other passengers irritated".

Note : Yes, I understand the changes in suspension is for purpose which is successfully met. But it should not be done at the cost of ride quality, as it defeats the purpose of having so much space, better seat cushioning and a near to perfect seating position. All this considering the condition of roads that we have.

Last edited:
@pavi

+1

Correctly pointed out the reason behind the stiff ride quality !! It's the only thing that haunts me every time while passing an undulation. I am searching for something (I never know what to) that will make the ride comfortable !! Anybody help[cry]:please:.

@pavi

+1

I am searching for something (I never know what to) that will make the ride comfortable !! Anybody help[cry]:please:.
Larger profile tyres will do the trick.
They have worked brilliantly for me after the upgrade to Michelin 195/65 R15 Primacy 3ST tyres and the jumps that the rear passengers felt when going over speed breakers or bad road have been close to eliminated.

Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Larger profile tyres will do the trick.
They have worked brilliantly for me after the upgrade to Michelin 195/65 R15 Primacy 3ST tyres and the jumps that the rear passengers felt when going over speed breakers or bad road have been close to eliminated.

Hope this helps. Cheers!!!
Oh that's great !! I'm planning the change next year after crossing 20k or so. Fact is the suspension needs really well laid flat tarmac to maintain the plush ride, which one can't expect everywhere not even in our Highways !! But I had noticed when the boot was fully loaded on a trip , ride became nice and soft to an extent !! BTW I'm still searching for something cheaper to reduce the travel of rear springs .

Oh that's great !! I'm planning the change next year after crossing 20k or so. Fact is the suspension needs really well laid flat tarmac to maintain the plush ride, which one can't expect everywhere not even in our Highways !! But I had noticed when the boot was fully loaded on a trip , ride became nice and soft to an extent !! BTW I'm still searching for something cheaper to reduce the travel of rear springs .
Fiddling with the tyre pressure would be the cheapest solution. But having too much or too less pressure will bring other problems like acceleration, grip, wear and tear, etc.

Other expensive ways are changing the springs or tyres.

Or better still, as an ICE enthusiast, I would say get your boot filled with 2 12"ers in a heavy MDF (0.75" thickness, close to 2.5 Cu. Ft. vol) box! Good ride, good music! [lol]

Last edited:
Fiddling with the tyre pressure would be the cheapest solution. But having too much or too less pressure will bring other problems like acceleration, grip, wear and tear, etc.

Other expensive ways are changing the springs or tyres.

Or better still, as an ICE enthusiast, I would say get your boot filled with 2 12"ers in a heavy MDF (0.75" thickness, close to 2.5 Cu. Ft. vol) box! Good ride, good music! [lol]
Already tried that bro !! If pressure is set a point high,ride becomes hard and if set low, ride feels softer to me !! Err.. having a tough time with these Goodyears .

Hey , I know You will be the first to suggest me for my ICE ☺Wish me luck !!

Oh that's great !! I'm planning the change next year after crossing 20k or so.

...Err.. having a tough time with these Goodyears .

Why the wait then buddy. The sooner the switch the sooner (and of course longer) you get to enjoy the true beauty and potential of your machine (not to mentioned all the hard earned money that went into procuring her)

Why the wait then buddy. The sooner the switch the sooner (and of course longer) you get to enjoy the true beauty and potential of your machine (not to mentioned all the hard earned money that went into procuring her)
Very true bro !!! But my dad's argument was most of the time we hit NHs only then why to spend ()therefore postponing the upgrade !! He doesnt drive much so he is happy with the stock. Its me, noticing everything and guess what I insisted him right after knowing the VIN itself.

PS: When enquired Buyback was just 1000 per tyre in my city when the car was in stockyard. Too bad right?

Hello Sir,
I wish to replace the antenna of my Honda city ivtec with sunroof (maroon color) with a shark fin antenna. While trying to order from AliExpress, I find many options for the shark fin antenna and with varying prices ranging from US $ 5 to 20.. I am unable to decide which one to choose. Can you please look at the following 6 options and suggest which one will be the right one to go for? Sill appreciate a quick response. Also please let me know the one which you have put in your car and its price.
1. car radio shark fin antenna for HONDA CITY the least signal loss-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
2. For Honda CITY shark fin antenna ramble modified car radio antenna car antenna-in Aerials from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
3. Shark fin antenna special car radio aerials for Honda Fit 2002 2015 newest design-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
4. Radio Shark Fin Car Antenna Signal Shark For Honda CRV City Jade Fit Crosstour Aerials Function White Silver Black Grey color-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
5. Car Antenna Shark Fin Antenna Shark Car Aerials ABS 3M Adhesive FM Radio Signal Aerial New Design for Honda Fit Accord City-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
6. Universal Functional CAR Radio Shark FIN Antenna Black | eBay
Regards

Thanks venkythaniks for your nice words, and especially for you for having gone through my article word by word.
Thanks Doctor,drdoddapaneni You are welcome. I am happy that you could make it.
Please post few pictures as we are excited to see your car with those modifications.

Thread Starter #1,244

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hello Sir,
I wish to replace the antenna of my Honda city ivtec with sunroof (maroon color) with a shark fin antenna. While trying to order from AliExpress, I find many options for the shark fin antenna and with varying prices ranging from US $ 5 to 20.. I am unable to decide which one to choose. Can you please .....Regards
It will be difficult to recommend as you expect. However, kindly go through our various discussions over shark fin antenna which you can locate at the first page of this thread (Ref. Pages 1,3,17,50,51,74 ) and especially these discussions what we had it last.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-74.html#post454595

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-74.html#post454617

I am sure, you will get the right guidance.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Hello Mr. HaruH, Could you please send me the Aliexpress link from where you purchased the shark fin antenna? Also please let me know after how many days your received the product and whether you are facing any issue with the antenna. Regards.
Sir got my Shark Fin Antenna, Thank a lot for your kind help in all. Here is the shot of my car with Shark Fin. [clap][:)]
View attachment 126939

More pics are posted in my ownership thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom