My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@ kuwaronline
Good option. Next time, think for a branded carbon activated cabin filter.
[/CENTER]
Mudhan ji, I changed engine air filter not cabin air filter. Today when opened cabin air filter that were pretty much dirty. So cleaned up by shaking it and also used damp cloth to clean it. Now it does look good compare to what it was. But now I m thinking to buy Bosch filter, thank you so much for link. I dont know how I missed it. I tried to search on snapdeal, flipkart, amazon etc but didnt got it.

I'm using it since a year and a half now and had no issues whatsoever. However, I cannot differentiate the performance.
Even my car's engine air filter was really dirty, when I checked it was changed in April 2014. So ordered it from ebay, as I forgot to change it in last service.

Thanks for info.

I have already posted this in Honda city accessories thread, but did not get any reply. So re-posting here as I have got everything cleared in THE ALBUS thread.

Anyone familiar with Federal tyres?? I have seen them in a car tyre shop and the dealer was telling good about them. It seems they are cheaper too. 195/60/15 costs around Rs.4700/tyre.

Thread Starter #1,218

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@pavi

federal-tyres-an-logo.jpg

It’s a one of the finest Chinese brand has its own reputation since 1954. It is also known worldwide, especially in the US, Japan, and Australia. The alloy maker platiindia.com recommends these tires for their alloys. They are no doubt best value performance tyres, but unfortunately not popular in India , may be due to CHINA mark. It is actually based in Taiwan and initially they had collaboration with Bridgestone and Dunlop before producing their own brands – Federal & Hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l-i4dxJqmY

Last edited by a moderator:
@pavi

View attachment 184474

It’s a one of the finest Chinese brand has its own reputation since 1954. It is also known worldwide, especially in the US, Japan, and Australia. The alloy maker platiindia.com recommends these tires for their alloys. They are no doubt best value performance tyres, but unfortunately not popular in India , may be due to CHINA mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l-i4dxJqmY
Thanks Doc for the reply. I also got these details while googling. I am not concerned about the 'made in China' image, but I am now really concerned about 'made for India' image just like our cars. So I would like someone who has first hand experience on these tyres (strictly in India) to comment on their durability, performance and comfort levels.

Note: Yes, after the crash test results of Indian spec cars there is a synonym for cheap quality products "made for India".

Hello Friends,

Today I have received Stinzo 3d car mats from Paytm which I had ordered on 3rd Oct but the seller sent me Honda City 2014 model's. [frustration]

I had requested two times (Before placing order and after placing order) to Paytm customer support for sending me 3d mats for Honda City 3rd gen 2009-2013 and forward this message to the seller. They assured me but failed. Contact number in the invoice is of Paytm rather then seller.

Paytm_Reply_1.JPG
Paytm_Reply_2.JPG

Customer support doesn't have link with seller and sellers they will send anything to sell and we have to suffer with returns. I believed Paytm isn't like other shopping sites but I was wrong.

Anyway, I have contacted to Paytm for pickup and refund. Lets see what happens.

As of product, I really miss it and I wish it was available for my car model because of its superior quality and finishing. Costs Rs. 910 with cashback of Rs. 390 on Paytm and its far better then unknown/unbranded 3d mats and its made in Taiwan. I highly recommend it for those who have 4th gen Honda City. Click here for the link.

City_14.JPG

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
The ALBUS thread has moved to the 2nd page!!!!! [surprise].
So here I am (again!!). The father in me (my car being my kid) is becoming too much irritated day by day. My kid won't change. Yesterday I went for a function and parked near an Innova. After the function I found a small deformity (I am not getting the actual word here) in the left rear door, definitely caused by the opening the Innova's door and hitting my car's door (I expect the same was done by a 'woman'). It's very pathetic. So thin body panels. Our WagonR is better than Honda City in this area. Honda please please please give us back the quality you are known for, I am more than happy to pay more for better quality.

I have a query regarding gear change and rpm change. I don't know whether this was happening from start, but I started noticing this for sometime now while upshifting gears. When I change from 2nd gear to 3rd gear (most noticed at this scenario), and release the clutch I could see the rpm is moving upwards by around 600+rpm. I understand this can happen while downshifting gears at (somewhat) higher speeds. But is this an expected behavior while upshifting gears?
When the same is happening I could feel the movement of car being 'not so smooth', almost like 'downshifting from higher gear to lower gear at a higher speed, do give us a jerk kind of feeling right??'. Not sure if I am confusing you guys.

Eagle 3d Floor Mats For Honda City 2009-13

Hello Friends,

Let me continue my post regarding 3d mats. Previously I had bought Stinzo 3d mats from Paytm which did not suit my car because they were made for City 14 so I had to return them for refund. You can check my previous post in this thread. However, I continued to search suitable 3d mats for my 3rd gen Honda City. Most of 3d mats have no brand names and no full details regarding for which they fit (Car model). So it is sure that we may receive incorrect product. Also there is no way to contact sellers in sites like Paytm, Flipkart, Snapdeal and etc and even customer supports won't forward your message/request.

Out of many 3d mats listed on Paytm, I found one that had sufficient info and that is eagle branded 3d mat but I'm was not sure about product quality and product image wasn't actual picture of the 3d mat. After more research, I found their website and actual product image(s). Next thing was to contact them. I sent them SMS in their website but didn't receive reply. Later I found the same seller in Amazon.in and there I could contact them. Got reply after few days and they confirmed that the mats will suit Honda City 3rd gen and I was glad to know it.

Meanwhile, I also found Harry10's White Tiger (Honda City 2014) ownership thread and saw same brand (Eagle) 3d mats on his car. I asked him about the quality of the mats and he said he is using them since 18 months and they are doing fine even with some rough use. Finally that assured me and I placed the order.

Today I received the mats and they fit perfectly into my 3rd gen Honda City. After-all, My research was worth it. [:)]

Product quality is good, anti-slip, thick-enough, washable and water-proof but not so hard as Stinzo 3d mats. I would recommend these for 3rd gen Honda City owners but for 4th gen Honda City, Stinzo 3d mats is a better choice. I got these mats for Rs. 840 with cashback of Rs. 360 (Total Rs. 1200).

Links:

Eagle 3d Mats for 3rd Gen City
Eagle 3d Mats for 4th Gen City
Eagle Automobile Seller in Amazon.in

Snapshots:

Eagle_3d_Mats_City09-13_Cover.jpg Eagle_3d_Mats_City09-13_Products.jpg

Eagle_3d_Mats_City09-13_Floor_FR.jpg
Eagle_3d_Mats_City09-13_Floor_FL.jpg
Eagle_3d_Mats_City09-13_Floor_R.jpg

That ends my hunt for 3d mats. [glasses]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Eagle 3d Floor Mats For Honda City 2009-13

Hello Friends,

Let me continue my post regarding 3d mats. Previously I had bought Stinzo 3d mats from Paytm which did not suit my car because they were made for City 14 so I had to return them for refund. You can check my previous post in this thread. However, I continued to search suitable 3d mats for my 3rd gen Honda City. Most of 3d mats have no brand names and no full details regarding for which they fit (Car model). So it is sure that we may receive incorrect product. Also there is no way to contact sellers in sites like Paytm, Flipkart, Snapdeal and etc and even customer supports won't forward your message/request.

Out of many 3d mats listed on Paytm, I found one that had sufficient info and that is eagle branded 3d mat but I'm was not sure about product quality and product image wasn't actual picture of the 3d mat. After more research, I found their website and actual product image(s). Next thing was to contact them. I sent them SMS in their website but didn't receive reply. Later I found the same seller in Amazon.in and there I could contact them. Got reply after few days and they confirmed that the mats will suit Honda City 3rd gen and I was glad to know it.

Meanwhile, I also found Harry10's White Tiger (Honda City 2014) ownership thread and saw same brand (Eagle) 3d mats on his car. I asked him about the quality of the mats and he said he is using them since 18 months and they are doing fine even with some rough use. Finally that assured me and I placed the order.

Today I received the mats and they fit perfectly into my 3rd gen Honda City. After-all, My research was worth it. [:)]

Product quality is good, anti-slip, thick-enough, washable and water-proof but not so hard as Stinzo 3d mats. I would recommend these for 3rd gen Honda City owners but for 4th gen Honda City, Stinzo 3d mats is a better choice. I got these mats for Rs. 840 with cashback of Rs. 360 (Total Rs. 1200).

Links:

Eagle 3d Mats for 3rd Gen City
Eagle 3d Mats for 4th Gen City
Eagle Automobile Seller in Amazon.in

Snapshots:

View attachment 185055 View attachment 185056

View attachment 185057
View attachment 185058
View attachment 185059

That ends my hunt for 3d mats. [glasses]

Thanks...
Best Regards
Can anyone answer my above given query regarding gear shift?
Lemme post it again.

I have a query regarding gear change and rpm change. I don't know whether this was happening from start, but I started noticing this for sometime now while upshifting gears. When I change from 2nd gear to 3rd gear (most noticed at this scenario), and release the clutch I could see the rpm is moving upwards by around 600+rpm. I understand this can happen while downshifting gears at (somewhat) higher speeds. But is this an expected behavior while upshifting gears?
When the same is happening I could feel the movement of car being 'not so smooth', almost like 'downshifting from higher gear to lower gear at a higher speed, do give us a jerk kind of feeling right??'. Not sure if I am confusing you guys.

Thanks in advance.

@ Pavi.
I enquired about the kms run because I thought maybe your Clutch may have been in the process of giving up the ghost. Your description of the rpm rising while shifting from 2nd to 3rd was similar to what i had experienced about 2 years ago when my Opel Corsa clutch began to wear. However I feel it is a very unlikely scenario as your car has covered only 25k+ kms. If your car had covered 60K +kms it would seem likely that the clutch plates would have to be changed. I would advise to go to your dealer and have it sorted out as if it is any type of serious issue you would be covered under the warranty.

@ Pavi.
I enquired about the kms run because I thought maybe your Clutch may have been in the process of giving up the ghost. Your description of the rpm rising while shifting from 2nd to 3rd was similar to what i had experienced about 2 years ago when my Opel Corsa clutch began to wear. However I feel it is a very unlikely scenario as your car has covered only 25k+ kms. If your car had covered 60K +kms it would seem likely that the clutch plates would have to be changed. I would advise to go to your dealer and have it sorted out as if it is any type of serious issue you would be covered under the warranty.
Thanks for your reply. I am now trying out 'rev matching' in my daily drives while changing gears. So my initial analysis has drilled down to the fact that the same is due to 'rev mismatch'.

Hello Pavi,

Please tell me about rev matching in details because I never heard this before.

Thanks...
Best Regards
As per my understanding I would try to explain as far as I can.
Rev matching is nothing but a technique to match transmission and engine rpms. For example, if you are going in 3rd gear at around 40kmph and you are trying to downshift to 2nd gear. What happens is mentioned below,
1. You take your foot off the accelerator, which leads to a drop in engine rpm
2. Engage clutch, hence engine and transmission becomes disconnected and downshift to 2nd gear.
3. By the time you disengage clutch your car may be doing say 39kmph.
Here comes the main part, so pay attention��. As per the gear ratios, at a lower gear the engine rpm should be higher when compared with a higher gear to attain same speed. To make it simple, in 2nd gear you may need to rev so hard say to 6000rpm to reach 100kmph but in 5th gear 100kmph could be achieved at around 2500rpm.

So after the downshift as you are doing a 39 kmph, in order to maintain the speed the engine rpm would be made higher due to the difference in gear ratios.

Scenarios to be tested and understood are explained below (by whom?? Everybody who are reading this).
1. Scenario 1 : While upshifting, if your engine rpm is lower than the minimum rpm required to maintain the speed at which the upshift happens, "you" would experience a forward movement (opposite in case of car) as the engine rpm would raise in order to match the speed.
2. Scenario 2: While upshifting, if your engine rpm is at a higher level (don't take your foot off the accelerator while upshifting- it is also called powershifting), "you" would experience a backward movement as the car urges forward as the speed increases (within a short span of time) according to the raised engine rpm.

Hope I am not confusing you guys. Please let me know of any concerns, I would try to explain as good as I can (with my limited knowledge).

Last edited:

Top Bottom