My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #496

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Dr MUDHAN, Sir…
Do you know about Aramex international parcel forwarding service? ….

CRACING, I have membership, my daughter did it. But, I prefer only to use them if really needed. Please read my experience with ARAMEX ‘Shop & Ship’ facility which I shared in my other thread long ago. My daughter is in DUBAI, she purchase through them sometimes and as there is no custom tax extra @ DUBAI, it works out cheaper.

QUOTE FROM:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ng-abroad-customs-formalities.html#post335511

...If they do not ship to India -
You have to make use of ARAMEX ‘Shop & Ship’ facility and you will incur additional shipping charges. For example, you want to buy from amazon.com, they never ship directly to India. You have to provide them an address in the country which they agree to ship. ARAMEX provides their own address as recipient @ USA & repack / reship to India. It would cost you almost 250 %.
(Better, If you have your people there, let they bring to India for you when they visit their mother land.)
Thanks.
I have already indicated in the thread that I had reimbursed to the courier 30% custom duty of the value (which includes shipping cost) when I bought KLASSE product from amazon.com.
Value of the item in Amazon including their shipping charges to US address Rs. 2400 plus 30% CD Rs. 720 Total Rs. 3120
(Please note the hidden charges of ARAMEX. Shipping charges for first 500g = 10 dollars/next 500g =8 dollars again from US to India. Nonrefundable one time Registration Charges 45 dollars to utilize this services)
I have paid Rs. 980 (@ old dollar rate) as their Shipping charges to India (total 3120+980). Registration charges were paid by my daughter, which I was not aware earlier. I felt it a blunder mistake later. That is why I said in this thread to the forum members not to do the mistake. These all occurred as they don’t do direct shipping to India.
In case if the seller does direct shipping through courier, any value of Rs.2000/- and more will fetch custom duty of 30%, which we have to incur in addition to the amount we paid to the seller abroad.
The items bought from DX & Ali Express, came by standard airmail so far not made me to pay custom duty for values from 1.5 to 50 dollars.
I avoid, never buy costly items online abroad. The items normally I buy would be around 10-15 dollars from ebay.com / aliexpress.

The costliest item which only once I purchased is LED OVRM @47$ .

God's grace, I have never paid any customs duty so far for such items.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #498

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ HaruH

I won't prefer that type as those would spoil the look of the car.

I am using easily available foldable, Mesh Type, three pairs I bought (for @ Rs.70/- one pair) from a local auto stores.

All the four side windows, I am using without suction cups and one pair at rear windshield, either side with suction cups, leaving the center for night visibility.

Simple, neat, and even stay there intact while I drop the glass to ask route from road side people or we can remove and keep it easily there immediately.

It is available @ ebay.in, but online prices are more. Please check locally if it is OK for you.

Mesh Type CAR Auto Foldable Window SUN Shade Sunshade SET OF 4 Pieces 2 Pair | eBay

MUDHAN.jpg

You can see here also more pictures , HOW I PLACED THEM IN MY CAR

Last edited by a moderator:
CRACING, I have membership, my daughter did it. But, I prefer only to use them if really needed. Please read my experience with ARAMEX ‘Shop & Ship’ facility which I shared in my other thread long ago. My daughter is in DUBAI, she purchase through them sometimes and as there is no custom tax extra @ DUBAI, it works out cheaper.
I always hesitate to suggest you something still I tell you and it ends up a known thing to you. [:D]

30% customs is too much. Our govt is getting worst day by and on other hand they say our country is going to takeover china soon. I feel India is driving backwards instead. Our country earns so much from tax and spends so little for it! [frustration]

BTW; your vehicle is looking so great. Wonderful decorations and maintenance. Keep it up! [clap]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #501

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
CRACING,
You need not hesitate, Please be free to suggest anything is good and better you feel. I always believe that there will be something to learn from others. Thanks for being with me.

kuwaronline,
Thanks for your appreciation. I like & I do something, after sometime I don't like & I remove that, I can’t even understand me why do I so… hehe...
I spent approximately half an hour with My Albus to give personal touch in the morning as my warming up exercise, at least 5 days a week before I go for tread mill.

@ HaruH
These snap shots are for you to show how I keep sun shade mesh on the rear windshield.

sun shade mesh 1.jpg

sun shade mesh 2.jpg

Hello Dr MUDHAN,

Today morning I was cleaning engine compartment and thought to check the intake air filter which was a my pending task. Upon opening up, the filter turned out to be very dusty. Got shocked because 6 months ago I gave my car for servicing and said to check the condition of intake air filter, Whether it requires replacement or just cleaning. They just cleaned it up and I thought, may be its fine. Now I have not even driven 500 KMs in last 6 months and the air filter looks like it took 10,000 KMs of road dust. Damn, I should have checked it myself sooner. [frustration] Now I don't trust my HASS as they just push the vehicle to owners telling everything is fine.

Anyways, here are the snapshots of my filter.

IMG_0140_resize.JPG
IMG_0139_resize.JPG

Please suggest me whether should I replace to stock or go for K&N. Whether there will be more noticeable improvements with K&N filter? and any idea about stock filter and k&n filter pricing?

Thanks...
Best Regards

Thread Starter #504

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

Personally, I will not go for K&N.

REASONS:

Very expensive (ANHC filter @ Rs.5500/-)
It is a performance filter but not fuel efficient one.
Increase engine noise
Not suitable for dusty environment

As we know, the filter medium is very important. Air flow is related to pressure drop across the filter medium and filtration area. No doubt K&N has technically better media, special cotton material soaked with oil, allowing more air to pass thorough, thereby increase horse power & performance. It is really excellent for performance lovers. For people like us, for normal standard usage, we may not require such filters. Also there is no clear cut documentation that the filter is dust proof like standard OE filter.

Yes. I do feel it is time for you to change the engine filters - Your car will get a boost and happy.

I don’t know how much our dealers (product of Honda, Japan!) are charging for this. I just got some information & pictures about a aftermarket Honda filter, part number (17220) & price for a SAKURA ( if it original, that is from Japan) product in India.

It is just for your information, I am sincerely unaware about the quality of the product & this online site as well. AIR FILTER HONDA CITY (TYPE - iVTECH) SAKURA A-16810

We would be happy if you could share your experience. Thanks.

Clip.jpg

(This is picture of Honda CRV car filter)​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response Dr MUDHAN.

Today evening I have spent few hours researching about air filters and it seems K&N isn't worth to what it costs as well as it needs regular cleaning. Cleaning kit costs 1.5k. Points you have mentioned also to be observed. It could be good for highend cars like Audi, BMW but not for our under-powered cars in India.

Also I have came across green cotton filter which costs 1k less and its reviews says its better then K&N. Do you have any idea about it?

The product link you have provided is also available in ebay india. It looks like a paper based filter. I will go with it if I really find cotton gauze not so worth. After all I have a 15% off coupon. [glasses]

Thanks again...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Dear Mudhan Sir/CRacing

1 query about air filters. Our normal cars like brio, jazz, city etc ~ do they use paper, wet or oil air filters?
Is there any major difference between these 3 types of filters?

Respectfully~
Ramu

Dear Mudhan Sir/CRacing

1 query about air filters. Our normal cars like brio, jazz, city etc ~ do they use paper, wet or oil air filters?
Is there any major difference between these 3 types of filters?

Respectfully~
Ramu
Hello,

AFAIK, all car stock air filters are paper based. Not actually a paper. Check here for more info about different types of filters. Paper filter and cotton gauze are more popular and widely used.

K&N filter needs regular cleaning and oiling using there recharger kit every 5k KMs but green cotton filter can be used without oiling. Thats what I hear from some people. No idea about paper filers, I guess they are just use, clean if possible & throw.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Hello,

AFAIK, all car stock air filters are paper based. Not actually a paper. Check here for more info about different types of filters. Paper filter and cotton gauze are more popular and widely used.

K&N filter needs regular cleaning and oiling using there recharger kit every 5k KMs but green cotton filter can be used without oiling. Thats what I hear from some people. No idea about paper filers, I guess they are just use, clean if possible & throw.

Thanks...
Best Regards
i just spoke to Pete's Automotive Cochin and he said green cotton air filter requires a lot of cleaning.
Reason: it has better filtration and penetration and obviously attracts a lot of dust also [frustration]

He said he is not sure if Green cotton is available for brio, but is for city.
He advised me CAI with plumbing at an exhorbitant 8k , which is pointless.

I am interested in trying the Sakura air filter given by Dr.Mudhan sir[;)]

i just spoke to Pete's Automotive Cochin and he said green cotton air filter requires a lot of cleaning.
Reason: it has better filtration and penetration and obviously attracts a lot of dust also [frustration]

He said he is not sure if Green cotton is available for brio, but is for city.
He advised me CAI with plumbing at an exhorbitant 8k , which is pointless.

I am interested in trying the Sakura air filter given by Dr.Mudhan sir[;)]
Thats fast. Any idea about cost for city's air filter? or its same as mentioned in their website?

Yeah of course, these performance air filter or the cotton gauze filter require regular cleaning otherwise it hurts your engine badly. But what I heard is about oiling inwhich grean cotton doesn't really require. I'm concern about oiling is because of MAF sensor safety

Sakura air filter is same as stock so it doesn't make a difference. Just the cost, if HASS charges more then you can go for this. Need to be careful about warranty as well.

Last edited:

Top Bottom