My New Honda City in White - The Albus

@Dr MUDHAN

Sir today I received the 3M double size tape that I ordered on 25th April on tradus. Item is packed nicely and is not damaged but I'm not happy with their services. Be it website, seller or courier.

By first the seller took 4 days to ship the item although seller has quick dispatch rating (today or tomorrow). Then he used aramex courier which is worst of all, It took another 4 days to reach me. Usually with other couriers it takes 2 days otherwise 3 days max to reach me. Also note, the shipment type of aramex courier is overnight. I think it means the parcel only travels night and halts on daytime. [lol]

I guess the seller didn't had stock but managed to send me with some delays. I can tell this by receiving dusty package which seller didn't even mind to wipe before packing and sending. I have faced such issues with Indiatimes, Shopclues, Rediff shopping and I have blacklisted them. Now I'm gotta add tradus also in the list.

As of product, It isn't even accurate because its 12mm x 4m unlike 24mm x 4m thats mentioned in the website listing. Seller has even peeled off the price of the item and the listing in the website has now revised to Rs. 288. I had paid Rs. 169 + 40 shipping.

It was better if I had bought from ebay.in. I would have got 2x more length for additional Rs. 100. Plus their service would be far better.

Anyways, attaching snapshots below. Haven't opened yet but item looks original. Made in India and packed on 07/2013. 12I0072 has been mentioned inside, looks like product code. Scotch Brand Tape is also mentioned.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Thread Starter #437

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

ABOUT DOUBLE SIDE TAPES …..While buying, focus on the original quality pack, breadth and length of the tape & compare the price.

I understand your feeling. You are just like me, I don’t mind to pay more if they respect the feeling of a customer but should not cheat and, rather I avoid or get irritated if anybody tampered the MRP label.

ebay.in site says Size-1/2 inch(Breadth) x 10 meters(length)

If tradus site said 24mm x 4m, they should have sent to you the same, ie. 1 inch x 4 meters.

But one thing I noticed the picture indicates only ½ inch tape. The item what you received is the same in the picture, and original product only, but they have cheated us by overcharging.

Let us avoid this site in future.

Just you make one last try, write to them for return & refund as per their secure buy / return policy , telling the difference between the product information published in the site and the product actually dispatched. Write to them through :Online Shopping in India for Mobiles, Cameras, Watches, Clothes, Gift Vouchers – Tradus.com

Also give this thread page,

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-30.html#post382964

mention in your remarks that you would be constrained to give an adverse buying experience with Tradus.com site.

Last edited:
@Cracing-
Avoid tradus for any future buy in. They have bad user reviews all over internet.
Personally, i only prefer things from ebay.in and flipkart as there service is immaculate and products are genuine.
Anyways, do let us know how the tape fares as i need to buy one myself.

@Dr.Mudhan- Sir, it was a pleasure reading your recent updates as usual. I have been kinda busy as my current car had a bad accident and is in workshop and delivery for the new City got delayed by middle of this month. Will be back to take your valuable inputs once i receive it.

Cheers.

Thread Starter #439

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Dr.Mudhan- Sir, it was a pleasure reading your recent updates as usual. I have been kinda busy as my current car had a bad accident and is in workshop and delivery for the new City got delayed by middle of this month. Will be back to take your valuable inputs once i receive it. Cheers.
Thanks, harry10.

I am really happy to meet you here after a gap of time. I am sorry to know about the accident.

It's nice to hear that soon you would be owning the City 2014. All the very best to you.

God bless you.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #440

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXXIX​

MY ALBUS: CIGARETTE LIGHTER SOCKET GADGETS​

MUDHAN.jpg

If you are one of those who like a kid loves to have twinkling lights in the car cockpit, this post is for you!

I wanted to adore my car cabin with small little but useful gadgets. Some are self-powered with their own battery but needed often replacement of battery & were not long lasting. Some need to be powered from our car 12 volt cigarette lighter socket, but unfortunately ANHC (3rd gen) has only one power out let.

My search began for splitter to have multiple gadget.

Many are there in the market, most of them are unknown Chinese brand and I was not sure about safety. Some of them are dazzling with over powered LEDs and having inbuilt USB chargers. I wanted a simple one, circuit protected with overload and fuse.

Finally I have chosen i POP three in one splitter (1), got from ebay.in; even two in one (2) is enough but I felt let the extra space help if the gadget is little bigger.

I tried all my best to fix it under HU panel with DS tape near the 12 Volt socket , somehow it fell down after few days, may be due to weight of the gadgets. So I used the central console space and kept secured the splitter neatly.

I have wasted little money in search of good car thermometer, USB charger. Some car thermometer looked attractive but never served the purpose. The one in the picture (A) never had a good viewing angle and soon failed to display. The (B) is good, long lasting but it was invisible at night. The USB adopter (C) is micro but took long charging time of my mobile as the output is around 1A.

At last I got a beautiful battery gadget, glowing in red (D) and a good dual USB charger (E) with higher 2.1 Amps output. Both I started using it.

I found another beautiful gadget, glowing in blue and three in one (F) – internal temperature, time, battery monitor which really attracted me. Soon I replaced the stand alone battery monitor with it.
( I have written in detail about this Multi-function electronic gadget here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-how-make-your-car-battery-go.html#post359794 )

Now whoever enter and sit in the car with me, says ‘Doctor is always hi-tech!’ ha ha…[lol]

dr mu.jpg
20140503_063447.jpg

dr mudhan.jpg

121857d1389865080t-guide-how-make-your-car-battery-go-mudhan-2.jpg

20140503_064812.jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

@ CRACING

I understand your feeling. You are just like me, I don’t mind to pay more if they respect the feeling of a customer but should not cheat and, rather I avoid or get irritated if anybody tampered the MRP label.
These things mostly happen on sites such as Indiatimes, Shopclues, Tradus, Rediff, Naaptol & even on Snapdeal because site administrators and moderators won't maintain the site regularly nor the sellers. They even keep items those are out of stock and no re-markings. You should be more lucky to get a correct and/or satisfied product. Now that I bought the tape, they revised its price, until then they didn't even know.

ebay.in site says Size-1/2 inch(Breadth) x 10 meters(length)

If tradus site said 24mm x 4m, they should have sent to you the same, ie. 1 inch x 4 meters.

But one thing I noticed the picture indicates only ½ inch tape. The item what you received is the same in the picture, and original product only, but they have cheated us by overcharging.

Let us avoid this site in future.

Just you make one last try, write to them for return & refund as per their secure buy / return policy , telling the difference between the product information published in the site and the product actually dispatched. Write to them through :Online Shopping in India for Mobiles, Cameras, Watches, Clothes, Gift Vouchers – Tradus.com

Also give this thread page,

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-30.html#post382964

mention in your remarks that you would be constrained to give an adverse buying experience with Tradus.com site.
Indeed but I don't have any proof to show them. The item listing with old price is gone. If I ask now, they will tell me Rs. 169 is for 12mm (thats what I bought) and Rs. 288 is for 24mm. Moreover they will ask me to return the item to seller then will refund me. I have waited for a week and I need the tape badly so couldn't calm returns now. After all, the tape I received is fine, original and served me well. Also the cost I paid isn't bad as the revised price.

However I will still let them know what happened and ask them to correct it so other buyers won't suffer same.

Btw; I have reinstalled the SMD panels in the interior and boot light housings today. Please check the attached pictures. This time I have used wire rubber sleeve on both the sides of the panel instead of thick DS tape like I before, so the SMDs won't touch the housing surface and will be good for long. Did the same thing for boot and interior lights. Now that I call it a perfect finishing/fitting. [:D]

@For those who are using or wanted to use SMD panels, I highly recommend you to resolder the wire terminals on the panel and secure it with 3M DS tape or hot glue so that the wire won't shake and break inside. Chinese use very cheap quality wires which will cut very easily upon slight shake and its very danger if one of the wire end touches other terminal. So be careful when fitting, it might also affect your vehicle warranty.

@Cracing-
Avoid tradus for any future buy in. They have bad user reviews all over internet.
Personally, i only prefer things from ebay.in and flipkart as there service is immaculate and products are genuine.
Anyways, do let us know how the tape fares as i need to buy one myself.
No doubt, Ebay and Flipkart are the best of all. Nothing like anything -Micromax [:D]

Well the tape served me very well after all its a original product from 3M. Wish I had a hair dryer to make the work more perfect but summer over here will do the same for me!

Just follow the four points said by Dr MUDHAN on post #424 and it will be good.

Buy it from ebay.in and use some coupons to get some discounts.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Thread Starter #442

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Thanks CRACING.

I am happy at least the 3M tape serves the purpose. Please try to find out a good shop in your place or nearer to get 3M tape in future.

‘wire rubber sleeve’ with LED panel is a good idea. Sometime we may not be able to use it as space may be a constraint especially in places like dome light. As you said, it is better to check the panel before using it , a good suggestion. I am not using panel for my boot and I use a T10 LEDs bulb. I will try to put a panel later.

By the way, I don’t understand from this – ‘No doubt, Ebay and Flipkart are the best of all. Nothing like anything –Micromax’ I mean Micromax?

Please tell me how did you pick up the post number as I want to learn ( "Just follow the four points said by Dr MUDHAN on post #424 and it will be good.")

Last edited:
Thanks CRACING.

I am happy at least the 3M tape serves the purpose. Please try to find out a good shop in your place or nearer to get 3M tape in future.
I'm pretty sure I will not find 3M tapes here. Like you said on a post, I will became an alien to them. May be I can get those unknown/unnamed tapes but won't serve well.

BYW, I don’t understand from this – ‘No doubt, Ebay and Flipkart are the best of all. Nothing like anything –Micromax’ I mean Micromax?
The "Nothing like anything" slogan is used by Micromax. I used it for Ebay and Flipkart. The slogan makes me roft all the time. [:)]

Please tell me how did you pick up the post number as I want to learn (,Just follow the four points said by Dr MUDHAN on post #424 and it will be good.,)
Simple, copy the post number found on the corner of post and paste in your new post
Capture.JPG
then copy the post number link and hyperlink (Insert Link) the post number that you have mentioned in the new post.

It will be like this:

[ URL = " h t t p : / / w w w . theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/14219-my-new-honda-city-white-albus-30.html#post383075 " ] #440 [ / URL ]
BTW; you said that you are using 2.1 Amps based USB charger on your previous post, doesn't it harm your mobile power circuit? Which mobile have you got? PC USB 2.0 provides 0.5A and wall charges upto 1A.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #444

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Oh it is so easy, then how did I miss it ! This information about hyper link would be useful to me, Thanks , CRACING.

….BTW; you said that you are using 2.1 Amps based USB charger on your previous post, doesn't it harm your mobile power circuit? Which mobile have you got? PC USB 2.0 provides 0.5A and wall charges up to 1A.
Good Question!

Mine is Samsung Galaxy Note II, compatible with 2Amps for fast charging. Also I use for my TAB.

dr mudhan.jpg

FOR MORE INFORMATION, YOU CAN READ:

Everything you wanted to know about charging Mobile Phone / iPhone or iPad / TAB (https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3511)

ATT 2 1 Amp Rapid Car Charger for Samsung Galaxy s 5 4 S5 S4 S3 Note 1 2 3 | eBay

Hello,

Good Evening

Oh it is so easy, then how did I miss it ! This information about hyper link would be useful to me, Thanks , CRACING.
You're most welcome. On some or most popular sites (like Xda Developers), when you just write user name followed by @ and post number followed by #, their hyperlink is automatically used, as well as alerts the member to the quote/post but in this site such feature is yet not implemented.

Good Question!

Mine is Samsung Galaxy Note II, compatible with 2Amps for fast charging. Also I use for my TAB...........
Oh that is why you opted for 2.1A charger.

Most of them say about Ohms Law. i.e Amps are pulled from the charger, not pushed to the phone and Voltages are pushed to the phone, not pulled from the charger. But some say don't feed the devices with lower charging current ratings with high current chargers, it may degrade their battery, performance and functionality. Its confusing to decide but I prefer to be on safer side since our devices are expensive so better to follow the specifications/ratings and opt the matching products.

Also I'm afraid of using these unbranded car chargers because cannot trust them anyhow. They indeed have surge protections but if they fail and throw slightly higher voltage (i.e when igniting engine), our devices will be killed in seconds. So I think its better to stick with branded charges made by manufactures such as (i.e HTC, Samsung, LG, Belkin, Anker & etc).

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #446

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING
...Also I'm afraid of using these unbranded car chargers because cannot trust them anyhow. They indeed have surge protections but if they fail and throw slightly higher voltage (i.e when igniting engine), our devices will be killed in seconds. So I think its better to stick with branded charges made by manufactures such as (i.e HTC, Samsung, LG, Belkin, Anker & etc)...
Regarding car USB chargers, there is no second opinion that branded ones are always reliable. But the problem, they are not available easily in India. Even available online sites most of them are clones and we are not sure whether we are buying the original one many times. For example BELKIN, GRIFFIN make.
I have noted that the original branded one available easily here from amazon.in /ebay.in is of PHILIPS make and unfortunately no positive feedback. REF: Amazon.in: Buy Philips DLP2257 Dual USB Car Charger 5V 2.1A for Smartphones and Tablets Online at Low Prices in India | Philips Reviews & Ratings
Brands like Samsung, You can get it from amazon, USA but they never ship to India.
I won’t say all Chinese products are bad. In fact I doubly check from various feedback from different sites of that product and check with Digital Multimeter the output and consistency before put into use.
As you know, one should also be lucky enough while dealing with electronic components as nobody can predict the life as it also depends upon various external factors.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #447

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XL​

MY ALBUS GETS STYLISH HAND BREAK COVER​

The hand break lever in my ALBUS looked bland. It was not as attractive as in other ANHC version as it lacked the chrome tip.

My search ended @ aliexpress with a beautiful, stylish hand break cover which was very cheap @ 4 dollars!

The quality was very good, though the fit was not exact for our ANHC lever, but no issues, it sits almost 95% over the handle. The 5% micro gap in rear can easily filled by DS tape.

I hope you like my face lifted hand break handle in a face lifted ANHC car…hehehe...!

20140330_083032.jpg

20140330_083021.jpg

Clip_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very stylish looking hand brake cover Dr. Mudhan. However, i feel the wooden one in the pic below might have looked better due to the beige interior of the car. I always learn something new visiting your thread. Small and inexpensive modifications goes a long way in making the car stylish.
Also, that is a neat place to keep My shaldan perfume. Wish, had some place like this in my manza as the sunlight won't be an issue there.

Coming back to the car chargers topic. Is there any way to know if its original or not?
I bought a belkin usb car charger recently and it came in proper belkin packaging and works very well but i have no idea how to check its originality.

Thread Starter #449

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

Regarding Hand Break Cover:

Yes, harry10. I was in dilemma what to choose whether the wood grain type or carbon fiber one. I thought the CF black would merge with my interior well as I was worried whether the wood grain one would look more reddish.

Clip.jpg

Yes. My Shaldan perfume should never be kept on dash board as the gel will evaporate very fast.

Coming back to the Car USB Chargers topic… Just see this analysis over Belkin brand:

FROM BELKIN INDIA SITE: (Note the design & shape)
They have only three types of car chargers: Belkin : : Chargers

belkin.jpg

FROM BELKIN USA SITE: (Note the price & design)
Price @ 34.99$
Car Charger with Lightning to USB Cable (10 Watt/2.1 Amp)

belkin usa.jpg

Now compare what is available in India- the design & price, 2.1amp output ones)

Belkin from amazon.in site :
Rs. 1,690.00
Belkin Car Charger with Lightning Cable Connector to: Amazon.in: Electronics

Clip_2.jpg

Belkin from snapdeal site :
Rs.156/-
Belkin - Micro USB Universal Car Charger for Iphone Ipod Mobile Phone MP3 MP4 Players - Buy Car Accessories Accessories | Snapdeal.com

Belkin from flipkart site
Rs. 245/-
Belkin F8Z445qeP Micro USB Car Charger - Belkin: Flipkart.com

Belkin from ebay.in site
Rs. 95/-
Belkin Micro Auto USB CAR Charger Samsung Sony Nokia Apple Micromax | eBay

95.jpg

Rs.549/-
CAR Charger 10W 2 1Amp Micro USB Chargesync Cable 1 2M Black | eBay

549.jpg

Rs. 699/-
Belkin Micro Auto Charger Universal USB CAR Charger FOR Mobiles MP3 Players | eBay

699.jpg

I really don’t know how to advise you. [frustration]

The only option to get it from authorized dealer or from their original website as in USA site.

I personally feel, if you see everything, ultimately end up by not buying anything. Check with somebody who has got already whether working OK? , then Stop worrying. Remember almost 80% Car USB chargers are cloned & not the original.

The cigarette lighter splitter with inbuilt USB charger port is still worst. One consolation, our ANHC has its inbuilt circuit protected as it is meant for cigarette lighter which is prone for heat. But, as CRACING said no guarantee for the gadget.

We can even think of some Indian reliable brands like XENOS (Mobile charger - xenos). Of course, Xenos reliability is there despite they are procured from China. [:D]

Clip_3.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom