My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thanks, HaruH. I know the way you love Honda.. even your name has double ‘H’ ha ha ..
I don’t know the colour of your car but go for shark fin antenna, it would enhance the overall appearance and, you would have also noticed that the new Honda City 2014 has the same.​

Hahaha.,. I am very passionate about the way Honda engineered cars. My baby is in carnelian red colour. [clap] Love the colour but it's hard to maintain. And I'll shortly post my ownership review. [:)]

Thread Starter #152

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXII:

THE BEST DOME / FESTOON L.E.Ds WHAT I FOUND :

At last I have settled with dome light LEDs.

Yes , best I could do to get the maximum illumination.

If you recall, what I have written about my experience about fitting a LED bulb in the previous pages 5 and 9 that I am still exploring - Because I was not satisfied with the illumination provided by 31 mm LED bulbs as unfortunately ANHC has only one dome light with only one socket ( except Honda City V-AT Sunroof module.)

I have wasted little money four times in exploring the best LED bulb of different shapes & sizes , 5630 / 3528 types ; it ended either with low illumination or improper size. I liked the most suitable oblong design (the CIVIC type), and the 60-SMD 3528 LED Exact Fit single strip which was costing a bomb and dropped the idea.

Finally I tried the 24 SMD 5050 (bigger than SMD 3528 type ), which was costing very less ie.Rs.300 one pair and found it is of excellent quality and succeeded. Only thing the double side tape was very thick and I removed, replaced with the thin original 3M tape to get some space.

I did a mistake which I don’t want you to do it if you try so. While inter connecting the two bulbs, I did it as + to + & - to – as ‘parallel’ connection and found only one bulb was working. Again I have changed to ‘series’ that is + to - & - to + between bulbs, found OK. If you are good at soldering, do it or otherwise remove a sleeve and joint with the other wire – red & black.

They are together super bright, taking care of my expectation in the best possible ways.

Source : ABROAD

Free shipping! 2set T10 BA9S Festoon 3 Adapters 24 SMD 5050 white/warm white Light 12V LED reading Panel Car interior Dome light-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

OR
T10 BA9S Festoon 3 Adapters 24 SMD 5050 white Light 12V LED reading Panel Car interior Dome light-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

SOURCE : INDIA (PRICE Rs.360/- FOR TWO NUMBERS)

http://www.ebay.in/itm/24-SMD-Dome-..._Accessories_Parts&hash=item3f221c2032&_uhb=1

Dr Mu 2.jpg

ANHC.jpg

Dr Mu.jpg

Dr Mu 3.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #154

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Karthikkrish
It depends upon your cabin size and taste. It may be Ok for AMAZE or BRIO.
For ANHC also it is Ok, since the dome is in the centre, the spread may not be more because of two bulbs.
I tried two just to get better intensity of white colour.
Dr MUDHAN

Sir I have one question, Have you face any problem regarding dashboard reflection on windscreen in the afternoon when sun rays are directly coming on dashboard?? How to overcome from that it affects visibility and become worst in rowdy areas were people are very close to your vehicle. [anger]

Thread Starter #157

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Sir I have one question, Have you face any problem regarding dashboard reflection on windscreen in the afternoon when sun rays are directly coming on dashboard?? How to overcome from that it affects visibility and become worst in rowdy areas were people are very close to your vehicle. [anger]
HOW TO AVOID DASHBOARD REFLECTION ON WINDSCREEN

Dear HaruH

This problem is inevitable, will occur in all modern cars in more or less degree due to their slanting windscreens. It happens only with sunlight hitting the dashboard at an angle, this phenomenon can happen even during night with street lamps like sodium / mercury vapor ones.

The human eye tends to focus quickly and sub-consciously to the brighter and nearer image than a farther one & that become an irritant.

Sometimes I too faced in my ANHC in certain angle. Since I wear an ultra violet, anti-glare coated spectacles I manage to some extent.

There are many ways to reduce the problem:

1. Avoid glossy dashboard polish like Waxpol dash board polish & try matt finish product like Sonax Dashboard Cleaner matte finish. (Review: Sonax Dashboard Cleaner matte finish - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum)
2. Put a black colored cloth on the dashboard (Try matte finish vinyl paper on beige colored dash board)
3. Use a good quality windshield film like V- cool (some films will increase the reflection intensity-check before buying.)
4. Wear a good quality Polarized sun glasses like fast track / Fossil Polarized Sun Glass (preferably clear one & not the colored one)
5. And don’t forget to ensure no object lies around on the dashboard.

Enjoy your driving

Regards
Dr.MUDHAN

Last edited:
Thread Starter #158

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART XXIII:

MORE ABOUT SILENCER MUFFLER CHROME TIPS

Do you really love your car?

You may say, yes!

But I can say by looking at the car’s exhaust pipe tip, the truth.

The one, whether cheap or expensive I have seen, it is the most ignored part in many of our cars.

If you don’t have one, no issue. If you have one or intent to buy one, then we have to share some interesting information about it.

When I wanted to buy one from Honda, I was shocked to note the price ie. Rs.3250/- , which is add on for ANHC except for VMT higher end version.

Before the delivery, the dealer promised me as free gift. But at the time delivery, they gave me something different and not the original one. Of course it was looking ok for some time, but soon started rusting, especially the inner ring. My efforts to chrome plating it was not also long lasting - Which you can see below in my ANHC 2013 as well as my colleague’s ANHC 2011.

I went for aftermarket, I paid Rs. 100/- which was a cheap local make with visible welding scars on the pipe line. Still it is not bad. It is replica of one good Indian brand COX (Classique-Kumar Auto Sales). The length is double so only suits to ANHC 2013 model.

But nothing can replace the original one, double wall type, which looked to my eyes gorgeous and I got it later for a special price @50% cost.

Please note the following before buying:

The chrome tip is a cosmetic add-on, they are just for show & they cannot possibly enhance performance in any way; but wrong selection may block emission, reverse it and can affect performance.
Asian ones are normally costing between Rs.150 to Rs.1500, depending upon the Quality... Branded American/European tips are in the Rs.3000 to Rs.5000 range. T-304 stainless steel is a precision manufacturing material using aircraft-quality & have long life.

SHAPE : There are so many shapes and types to choose from: Dual, Oval, Round and Square.
SIZE : Inlet diameter and length is important. For Honda Inner diameter: 53-60mm, short length pipe is best. (Commonly available diameters 2.5(63.5mm) & 3.2 (81.2mm) inches.)
DESIGN : Free flow or with mesh / grill
HOLDERS : Clamp-on tips or Weld-on tips: Welding type is not common now a days.
MATERIAL :
Chromed Steel – Inexpensive, Lighter, made from ferrous steel, prone to rust.
Stainless Steel- Polished, resistant to corrosion, expensive. 304 Stainless Steel is best. But low quality Stainless steel are not heat resistant, discolor soon.

Therefore, I would say out of my analysis:

1. Buy only good stainless steel material as easy to maintain, after knowing the correct diameter required.
2. Buy free flow type & avoid tips with fancy grill / mesh as they block gas and get reacted, rusted immediately within few days.
3. Avoid lengthier one as it will protrude out & risky, look cheap.
4. Good stainless steel tips are available in double wall designs, which address the heat issues. Such Stainless steel tips with a chrome plate finish are the best.
5. Don’t forget it to clean often with WD40 or Amway SG for their long lasting shine.

Attachments

Last edited:
HOW TO AVOID DASHBOARD REFLECTION ON WINDSCREEN

Dear HaruH

Sometimes I too faced in my ANHC in certain angle. Since I wear an ultra violet, anti-glare coated spectacles I manage to some extent.

There are many ways to reduce the problem:

1. Avoid glossy dashboard polish like Waxpol dash board polish & try matt finish product like Sonax Dashboard Cleaner matte finish. (Review: Sonax Dashboard Cleaner matte finish - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum)
2. Put a black colored cloth on the dashboard (Try matte finish vinyl paper on beige colored dash board)
3. Use a good quality windshield film like V- cool (some films will increase the reflection intensity-check before buying.)
4. Wear a good quality Polarized sun glasses like fast track / Fossil Polarized Sun Glass (preferably clear one & not the colored one)
5. And don’t forget to ensure no object lies around on the dashboard.

Enjoy your driving

Regards
Dr.MUDHAN

Thank you so much sir for such a brief explanation on reflection of rays. I'll try first try out with the black cloth and ask Honda not polish dash board with glossy type polish which they do while servicing. [:)]

Very nice guide for muffler chrome tips. [clap]

Last edited:
23,000 for rear spoiler wing is atrocious. You would get the same for 6000-8000 (The best quality spoilers probably much better in quality than Honda's OEM). Cheaper spoilers cost 4000-5000Rs Honda doesn't make spoilers, it just outsources them to third party manufacturers. For Kerala these spoilers are made by Concept Cars. You can get it from them directly at 60-70% lesser to that of cost charged by dealers. Dealers will always try to rip money off customers for accessories.

Ducktail spoiler or Lip spoiler as it is called here costs 1500-3000Rs. Maruti dealer quoted 3500Rs for lip spoiler but i got them for 1400Rs from concept cars. Hope this help.

Regards,
Sankar

Hello Sankar,

Purchased wing spoiler from concept cars Calicut, As you suggested.
Amt - 3150 ( with painted)

Once I received the spoiler ABS SILVER colour not matching what they sent.
So again went for repaint with local painter he charged RS 1000.

Fitting done at moto mall car spaz opposite to YMCA nandanam.
Charged - 500 RS.
Pics attached below.

Attachments

Dear Hari

Regarding Fog Lamp bulb, I hope the following details would be useful to you.

My past posts in this thread :

Somehow I like this very much as I have seen in one car – glowing like six petal stars – very cheap and I ordered as a spare.(Of course, fog lamp housing will show yellow dots inside as there is no silver/glass lining.)

Fog Light H11 5050 24SMD LED Light Lamp Bulb for Car High Quality White Auto Fog Lamp Free Shipping 2pcs/lot
WATT 5 / LUMEN 480-510/ LENGTH 50 MM US $5.99 / Pair

Fog Light H11 5050 24SMD LED Light Lamp Bulb for Car High Quality White Auto Fog Lamp Free Shipping 2pcs/lot-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Please note, the origional H11 Halogen bulb is having total 60-62 mm length from base line to tip.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

DR Mudhan Sir,

Ordered below fog light .

Fog Light H11 5050 24SMD LED Light Lamp Bulb for Car High Quality White Auto Fog Lamp Free Shipping 2pcs/lot-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

but my fate one bulb it was not working once it fitted. Later found it was broken while fitting its mechanic fault.

Attachments

Thread Starter #162

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Hari

Thanks for using my thread and it would be really useful to our forum members.

Your step by step procedure for fixing the Wing Spoiler is nice.

Sorry to know that you had to spend Rs.1000/- extra towards paint matching and it would be inevitable for cars of two or more years old. I am of the opinion that you should have purchased an unpainted one and could have locally painted after matching the paint shade. Like I do, your loss is gain for other forum members, they will learn to avoid such mistakes. The paint taffeta white perfectly matched for me, since it is a new car.

BTW, you have not indicated the spoiler LED light connection. How is it glows? I could see from the picture that the spoiler has some gap in the base. Is it OK for this kind of spoiler?

DR Mudhan Sir, Ordered below fog light . But my fate one bulb it was not working once it fitted. Later found it was broken while fitting its mechanic fault.

I am really sorry to note that the mechanic has broken one fog light. I can understand your disappointment.

Actually it requires little extra efforts but one has to go underneath the front bumper to carefully twist for removal as well as fitting – clock & anti clockwise. Otherwise it requires removal of front bumper. He must have over pressed while twisting to set into the bracket.[frustration]

Try to order one more set from Aliexpress as it is only Rs.350/- a pair.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

MY ALBUS WITH DUCK TAIL SPOILER TAFFETA WHITE
DR MU.jpg

Last edited:
Dear Hari

BTW, you have not indicated the spoiler LED light connection. How is it glows? I could see from the picture that the spoiler has some gap in the base. Is it OK for this kind of spoiler?

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Dr. MUDHAN Sir,

i) Yup, Forget to take pics, third hole which required for led light on right side. Pics attached below. But from inside it's not visible.

ii) Have attached close up pics which shows no gap, That's the model.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom