My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #1,456

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ SUNREX

In my unbiased opinion, I feel spoilers can be avoided. In fact I have removed my ducktail spoiler.

Fortunately I did not drill the car body and just pasted with 3M double side tape which helped me to reverse to flawless original condition. I could see lot of dust accumulation in between the micro gap between the spoiler and the dickey lid.

Regarding your reference to body kit, bear with me, it will be of more over dose. Our Honda City itself a beautiful car and I have already removed some of my exterior extras like wheel spoke stickers, aftermarket side indicators, lip spoiler, chrome strip, transformer logo…

I will leave to you; extras are more of personal satisfaction.

But what surprise me, the human mind is so unpredictable that what you loved / liked today may not be the same in future and you may need / want a change! [lol]

Hello doctor and friends,
I have one more updates about my honda city,
Yesterday i fixed wing spoiler for my car,i bought spoiler from concept cars,paid 2200/- for unpainted spoiler(LED brake light type)painted in local shop for 1000/-
It was really painy feeling to drill for make holes to fix the spoiler,i really dont like to do such a things to my car but unfortunatly these kind of spoiler need holes to fix.lip spoiler can fix with 3M tape but personaly i dont like lip spoiler cause its not bring much attention for car( my personal view)everybody have there own likes and dislikes,its tottaly depend upon our taste and interest.
Shop guy did a great job and fixed spoiler without any damage, after fixed the spoiler believe me its stunning look, sporty and aggressive.brake light is awsome,now iam really happy to having a spoiler in my black beauty.

Thanking you
Jijo mathew

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi.Dr. Mudhan. Thanks for your straight and fair response. to be unique and exclusive and yet not weird is everybody's wish. i guess its a fine and delicate compromise. now, i just wanna give in to my children's wishes without any permanent damage to the original vehicle. i guess may be some sticker jobs will do. i had covered up the front grill with matt black sticker but i could not decide whether i should go for a Jazz like look with single bottom stripe or CRV type three stripes? yours and friends suggestions are welcome. And my mobile snap is not accepted by the website with the caption 'invalid file'.

Hello doctor and friends,
I have one more updates about my honda city,
Yesterday i fixed wing spoiler for my car,i bought spoiler from concept cars,paid 2200/- for unpainted spoiler(LED brake light type)painted in local shop for 1000/-
It was really painy feeling to drill for make holes to fix the spoiler,i really dont like to do such a things to my car but unfortunatly these kind of spoiler need holes to fix.lip spoiler can fix with 3M tape but personaly i dont like lip spoiler cause its not bring much attention for car( my personal view)everybody have there own likes and dislikes,its tottaly depend upon our taste and interest.
Shop guy did a great job and fixed spoiler without any damage, after fixed the spoiler believe me its stunning look, sporty and aggressive.brake light is awsome,now iam really happy to having a spoiler in my black beauty.

Thanking you
Jijo mathew

View attachment 201352
Jijomthw,

Can you please post more photos of spoiler, closer/side view.
Is it ABS material? So total cost is just 3200?

Thanks
Vaibhav

Thread Starter #1,460

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hi.Dr. Mudhan. Thanks for your straight and fair response. to be unique and exclusive and yet not weird is everybody's wish. i guess its a fine and delicate compromise. …. i had covered up the front grill with matt black sticker but i could not decide whether i should go for a Jazz like look with single bottom stripe or CRV type three stripes? yours and friends suggestions are welcome….

Thanks. Likes depends upon how old are we and youngsters love such modifications… nothing wrong when such modification make you proud and unique, as long as it does not damage the car structure.

ANHC Gen4 has mustache type grill, little curved in both ends. Honda CRV has straight type design. Full wrap will be better, preferably semi glossy or glossy. If you like matt finish, keep it or it can be made glossy also by glossy spray coat. White will look handsome! (I don’t want to use the word gorgeous- as it is meant for opposite sex!) [lol]

Honda City Grill2.jpg

Honda City Grill.jpg

158025d1420362268t-pictures-nicely-modified-rides-10891881_10155018369370521_7914803933686004269.jpg

Please let me know how much you paid for wrapping and where at Chennai?

Last edited:
It happened some weeks back, on my way back home. It happened for the first time in my entire 12 years of driving experience, a new experience which my 4th gen Honda City had gifted me. So my Honda City nearing 2 years of service, around 32,000 kms completed went dead on the way home at 7am. And I contacted the Honda Road Side Assistance and I did not get any call back. But at the same time I got an extremely warm care from Common People Road side assistance, which is nothing but a bunch a good people who like to take an extra step to help others. It was diagnosed that the battery was dead, not getting charged any more.

I was on my way home from Cochin, covered almost 75 kms with ACC, music system and head lights on. When I went past my favorite petrol pump, thought of doing a tank full, and I just stopped my car and went to take money from ATM. I came back cranked the car, and nothing is happening (tried cranking at regular intervals for some time). Slowly I realized "Buddy, I am TRAPPED !!!!!".

And long story short, a workshop guy came and we pushed the car and started, and I reached home safely. With out wasting any more time, just went ahead and changed the battery AMARON (5 yr warranty), and everything came back to normal. The OEM battery just had one-year warranty, hence proved it is not expected to last longer, but I came to know it in a bitter way.

So where is the bashing that you all are expecting???!!! Right fellas???!!. No, I don't want to do that, because why should I be wasting my energy on that which does not help me in anyway. So this is just to share my experience on the beautiful feeling of "Being stranded"..!!

@pavi

Thank god, you didn't had to face much troubles. If it had happened in signals then it would be worst experience because I had faced it few times.

Its pity that battery life was short then we expect it to come but I would blame quality of manufacturing of products these days. Even though we pay more for products that used to cost less before, the quality and durability is becoming less.

I had faced same issue with my previous car but the problem was with blown fuse related to charging so the battery wasn't able to charge. Service center couldn't understand the problem for two times til I investigated the problem and told them. Instead they used to charge the battery and delivery the car as repaired! or suggest me to replace battery.

So after reading your post, I'm curious to know whether the problem was with battery only?

Last edited:
@pavi

Thank god, you didn't had to face much troubles. If it had happened in signals then it would be worst experience because I had faced it few times.

Its pity that battery life was short then we expect it to come but I would blame quality of manufacturing of products these days. Even though we pay more for products that used to cost less before, the quality and durability is becoming less.

I had faced same issue with my previous car but the problem was with blown fuse related to charging so the battery wasn't able to charge. Service center couldn't understand the problem for two times til I investigated the problem and told them. Instead they used to charge the battery and delivery the car as repaired! or suggest me to replace battery.

So after reading your post, I'm curious to know whether the problem was with battery only?
It's been almost a month since I changed my car battery. No issues have been noticed till now. So I am assuming it to be a dead battery issue. Anyways the 40k service is going to happen in three weeks, I would be raising this issue with them and ask them to analyze the same and come to a proper conclusion.

Regarding the quality, I have no words. Every manufacture is going in the same direction. Gone are the days of long term reliability. By the way, who cares about reliability, when people are changing their cars at a rate, faster than changing their underwear [;)].

@ Vaibhavdb

Yes its ABS plastic, good quality, light weight, perfect fit.
Its cost me 3200/- spoiler + painting (2200 + 1000) i did painting job in local shop and used high quality paint,it could be less cost if you use low quality paint.

Here is a picture of spoiler side view.

image.jpeg

@ Vaibhavdb

Its cost me 3200/- spoiler + painting (2200 + 1000) i did painting job in local shop and used high quality paint,it could be less cost if you use low quality paint.

View attachment 201513
Hi buddy,
Could you please share your experience with the black paint that your car is wearing. Mine is also a black Honda City but 4th gen. The quality is not at all satisfactory, getting scratches, swirls very often, and the body panels are so thin that even a light touch is leaving kink on the body panels.

Hi Dr. Mudhan. Can't thank you much for the suggestive pictures shared. you have given all the possible outcomes :) i think the CRV type three stripes will look better in my car. i had chosen matt finish mainly to add few more stripes. here is the resized picture of mycar as it is now. will upload the revised picture after i do the alteration (first in GIMP) ;) . i did the sticker job with my mechanic at woods road for a cost of Rs.400/-. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,469

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: XCIII

MY ALBUS: NON-SLIP INTERIOR CUP CUSHION DOOR MAT COVERS- 3D & REFLECTIVE!

ALBUS interior is not perfectly a dual tone like GEN 4 ANHC.

Just tried to make the interiors better !

Beige shades reflect a neat, airy and spacious ambiance but felt it requires little contrast.

Purchased this non-slip interior cup cushion door mat covers. The mats are OK, they reflect beautifully.

These are car and model specific ( with armrest or not). The area just below hand lever is not covered by these pieces, maybe I have to make.

This add on is not a must, just goes with mood.

Better to take it off while sending the car for service as vacuum cleaning may take away, make it missing. ( or fix it with double sided tape)

I share with you the pictures. [:)]

carpad3.jpg

carpad2.jpg

carpad4.jpg

car pad1.jpg

Last edited:
@ Vaibhavdb

View attachment 201513
The forum is active as usual. Thanks Doc.

Hi Jijo mathew. Nice to see another one from my place.
Can you tell me what tyres do you use. Planning to upgrade mine

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom