My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #1,441

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

PART: XCI

MORE ABOUT DOUBLE SIDE TAPES​

Every Auto enthusiast should have a very good quality double side tape in their must have kit.

In double side tape, nothing can beat the 3M quality. You will understand it when you use it, how best it is in bonding, all weather proof and how it is easy to remove and revert to original.

I have already written HERE something about my observations over these double side tapes in the market.

My stock was over and I was in need of original 3M auto grade double side tape and I could not get from local market. I don’t know, why none of those 3M service outlets also not sells these!

Aliexpress has most of counterfeits. But, I could find it in ebay.in. I ordered from so called Top Rated Seller.

Though the tape was original, made in India but the item I have received is tampered, fixed with cello tape, MRP hidden.

I wonder why it is not available easily when it is manufactured here. Please see the addresses in the reverse of the pack.

The main difference between 3M auto grade and other tapes, other tapes are pasty, sponge type, difficult to remove, poor bonding and the material quality tend to melt in higher temperature.

Note:

1. It is better to paste first on the base or one side, leave few hours so that the removal of non-sticky red wrap (red polyethylene release liner imprinted with the 3M logo) is easy with the help of a paper cutter blade tip.
2. After affixing the accessory, it is better to hold one minute by giving adequate pressure.
3. It works well if you warm the area by a hair dryer and apply the tape thereafter.
4. Of course, preparation of the site by cleaning with isopropyl alcohol is primary.
5. Removal is easy by moving and cutting the layer by fish net nylon thread / dental floss and residues can be easily cleaned by finger, with Amway Silicone Glaze Polish Liquid.

While buying, focus on the original quality pack, breadth and length of the tape & compare the price.

3M TAPE 1.jpg

3M TAPE 2.jpg

3M TAPE 4.jpg

3M TAPE 3.jpg

1. My people purchased locally - poor quality, spongy material, falls off on hot weather.
2. Deer brand, Ok ,thin and black but not good as 3M
3. Chinese so called equivalent to 3M, and marked some times as M3.
4. Original 3M, made in India, ok for fixing pictures on the wall /household, sponge type.
5. 3M Super Strong Double Sided White Foam Tape, available in bits; thick and white.
6. Original 3M, made in India, auto grade what I purchased now.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SUNREX
We are happy that we have not missed you. Congrats [clap] for your choosing ANHC 4TH GEN again. Is there any preference for you to choose taffeta white over orchid pearl white?
Hi Dr. Mudhan. Thanks for your response. My initial search was for an used 3G 2012 Facelift edition mainly due to budget reasons, as recently we had splurged on a 10 day northeast tour and some considerable educational expenses on my elder son's PMT coaching. was more curious about Toyota-vios [for their After Sales Service] or facelift edition of City 2014 both due in 2017. was also searching right from used Swift to used cruise of skoda superb, [budget 2 to 10 lakhs] as a bridge vehicle for an year or two [at the lower end of budget and more otherwise], at most. last week while browsing the online market came across a great looking vehicle [3G FL edition!] very similar to mine which was lost in flood listed for Rs.4.95 lakhs but the person was accommodating upto Rs.3.75 lakhs on negotiation. when i checked out it was actually my very own vehicle i got sold through the surveyor for just 2.00 lakhs. [cry] so ditched the lookout for used cars and enter new car search. among new vehicles, Vento, Rapid, Verna, New Linea were seriously considered and researched. Though these vehicles look good both on esthetics as well as build quality, After Sales Service was a big concern among many buyers in many forums. final list was only Honda and Toyota. Altis was beyond my reach as well as my requirement, Etios too shabby/small, City was the only option left. IMO, buying a 2014 City is a step down when compared to City 2012, due to cost cutting reasons. came across a post elsewhere that the cost of a Bonnet had came down from 27000/- to 2500/- in the new version ! my neighbour has a polo and Vento. The 'thud' sound of door closing or a gentle press on the bonnet would show that even 2012 City had slim sheets. i have friends/relatives in both capital as well as sundaram honda. had already put word to them to get me as used 3G VMT as a buyback/exchange for BRV or anything else but no feedback till yesterday. leaked news of City 2017 facelift did not impress me and time of release of Vios seemed uncertain. so settled for City 2014-19 and learnt that my choice of Black was discontinued for an year and half. Red was liked by my better half but donno why she rejected it finally! urban titanium did not look as good as the earlier version. choice was reduced to white or silver. reasons for selecting white. silver is too bright/flashy in sunlight and any dent might be highly visible. second reason is that we came across some photographs of taffeta white with some body kit and appealed very much to my sons. The actual search will be a longer post and might make up a separate thread. :) Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Doctor,
I am so glad to heard you ordered Red emblem for your honda city, believe me its bring a great look for your car, though i think black matt finish will be better look for your car with red emblem,just my suggestion.
Also try to order red steering emblem,then you have complete pack.

I changed my key cover and key chain to red type emblem.
Here is few pictures of my honda city Red emblems.complete package :)

Thanking you.

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,445

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: XCII

HONDA CONNECT - FROM CAR TO A SMART CAR!

HONDA CONNECT.jpg

HONDA CONNECT 2.jpg

HONDA CONNECT 3.jpg

HONDA CONNECT 4.jpg

1. An intelligent automotive application for smartphones (iOS and Android); a platform with 20 ingenious features that run round-the-clock, providing a sense of safety, security and convenience, works with a hardware device.
It’s just like Diagnostics hardware OBD II SCANNER over Engine Control Unit, communicates online with a server with software application - A combination of OBD scanner, GPS tracker, Monitor to alert @ times of need and to fetch individual’s service data from the third party server.

2. The device has a pre-installed SIM card through which it sends all the data it gets from car's engine and its inbuilt sensors to a third party server where the data is analyzed and provided to us with the relevant information. ( it is nothing but ' CAROT ' i- CONNECT of MINDA, now upgraded as HONDA CONNECT)

3. As usual from Honda, comes with a premium. Introductory Price applicable on new Car Sales for initial 20,000 units of Connected Devices is Rs 2,999/- (all inclusive). Connected device comes with 1 month free subscription. Honda Connect is now available for Existing Honda Customers for Rs. 6249/-, plus monthly subscription.

4. If you have money, you can feel proud. May be a useful APP if your car is chauffeur driven to track the driver on work.

5. However, Honda has not deprived every customer in toto and you can still download the APP from Google and install into your smart phone for free of cost for some basic information. We can monitor the Service Records, Vehicle Documents (Which you have to screen shot) like insurance policy, pollution...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sti.hconnect&hl=en

NOTE:

I have installed into my Smart Phone the APP- software part without the hardware device, able to see my service records & next service due. Works only online, not bad to have it & I don't intend to purchase the device. Only service records from 2014, May onwards are available & won’t be able to use features like vehicle tracking, trip details, etc… You have to register the APP by mentioning your car Engine / Chassis numbers.

It’s OK. I am really happy to see the beautiful red Honda logo icon in my smart phone APPs! [:D]

Hello Sir,
A great thread for novices like me.
I wanted to ask you, if Poorboys white diamond and EX-P sealant can be applied by hand? and what is the difference between EX and EX-P sealant?
Both are available on detailedclean, waiting for your inputs.
Rating the deserved 5 stars to the thread.
Thanks in Advance.

Thread Starter #1,447

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ jazzyb5454

Thanks for coming in, for your interest and appreciation about this thread.

EX
An amino-functional resin sealant with #1 Brazilian carnauba wax.
Especially good on dark colored vehicles.

EX-P
Pure & a 'clear' looking sealant
Long lasting easy to use final sealant for new or very well maintained finishes.
Especially good on light colored and metallic flake paints.

EX with carnauba has a richer look, EX-P is the more durable of the two. I prefer EX-P.

Poorboys white diamond and EX-P sealant can be applied by hand, Read More here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-guide-car-detailing-basics-2.html#post366813 AND http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...guide-car-detailing-basics-12.html#post493404
Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
@ jazzyb5454

Thanks for coming in, for your interest and appreciation about this thread.

EX
An amino-functional resin sealant with #1 Brazilian carnauba wax.
Especially good on dark colored vehicles.

EX-P
Pure & a 'clear' looking sealant
Long lasting easy to use final sealant for new or very well maintained finishes.
Especially good on light colored and metallic flake paints.

EX with carnauba has a richer look, EX-P is the more durable of the two. I prefer EX-P.

Poorboys white diamond and EX-P sealant can be applied by hand, Read More here: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-guide-car-detailing-basics-2.html#post366813 AND http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...guide-car-detailing-basics-12.html#post493404
Regards
Dr MUDHAN
Thanks for quick reply, will order them right away. (White Diamond and EX-P sealant)

Hi All,

I have recently booked Honda city 2016- IVtech ( SV model) Golden Brown colour). Promised delivery date is next week.

I was planning to go for V Model (Includes Alloy Wheels from Honda, Fog lamps, bigger Stereo set with touch screen,Auto-foldable ORVM with indicators and Door chrome handles(inner+outer) from Honda. And there is Reverse camera! integrated with Audio set in VMT Model(without parking sensors-beep beep).

V Model(or VMT-commonly called) is INR 70,000 more expensive than SV (or SVMT) model.

But I drooped the idea and booked SV Model instead. Chief-reason being:

1. I did not like look of Honda Alloy wheels(Stock). There are many better looking ones available in market. I felt I was wasting money on these stock alloys(because of their basic look- personal choice). if you sell these in market it will fetch you 10K-12K(for brand new) and you can buy these Original ones for 14K from market.

2. I did not feel the need of Fog lamps. Specially when I will be investing in Xenon headlamps with angel eyes by 'two-brothers'. I want to see my ride with DRL in place of fog lamps available easily in market nowadays: #perfect cover for Honda city fog lamps- DRL :

Honda City LED DRL DAY Time Running Light Cover FOR FOG Light | eBay

HONDA CITY LED DRL (DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS) FOG LIGHT COVER: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

So no use of spending on fog light I understand.

Hence I opted for SV Model and not V Model.

- Chrome Handles I can buy from any dealer
- I can buy Rear view mirror with parking camera and reverse parking sensors like I have in Hyundai verna(Stock in all Models except base model Verna). Its pretty good, though I like the one more that Honda VMT Model has.
_Auto Folding ORVM with indicators - It is something I will have to sacrifice for now, as they are not available in Market(auto folding) easily.

-Audio Stereo set is also not Touch and not 5 Inch in SV Model. Its only 3.5 inch screen(Non-Touch)

That is all....

So Am I making right decision in going ahead with SV model and not V model, as I have problem with Alloy wheels and Fog lamps I have to pay extra if I go with V Model....

Please note: Both V and SV models are available at showroom and I can still go with any of those models. I am okay to pay extra 70,000 bucks for V Model, just that I will have to spend more for Alloys and DRL-Fog light cover.

What do you suggest Dr. Mudhan and other members????

SV or V model with this kind of requirement???

Thanks,
Sahil Kapoor

Hi All,

I have recently booked Honda city 2016- IVtech ( SV model) Golden Brown colour). Promised delivery date is next week.

If V, only has those additional items as mentioned by you, then it is a wise decision to go with SV. But if it has any additional safety features, then you may need to think.

But I guess you did your due diligence and so, it is okay to go with SV. Afterall, changing an alloy, reverse cam and all can be done anytime. Anyways, let me congratulate you in advance for your car!!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,452

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Sahil Kapoor

If I am not wrong, I will go for V model, provided

1. I am going to keep the car for at least 5 years
2. If I like all those accessories and in case if I have an idea of adding the same in other version
3. Money is not an issue.
4. Especially for OE accessories like Fog lamps, bigger Stereo set with touch screen, Auto-foldable ORVM with indicators and Door chrome handles(inner+outer) , Reverse camera. OE Alloy and tires may be replaced @ minimum loss. Note, after market Door chrome handles are ABS type but the OE ones are metal.

But ,

1. If the HU has no navigation in V model and if I like to change later for a better AVN & Reverse Camera,
2. If I like DRLs instead of FOGs
3. Afraid of Auto-foldable ORVM, as ORVM are most commonly get hit.
4. Safety features are same.

I will limit my choice with SV model.

All the best.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Hello sahil kappor,
Congratulation to you for new honda city,
I can understand your confusion about the verient of SV or V model.
My observation its tottaly depend upon your interest,there is some points you have to keep in your mind such as if you go to V model you have to pay 70k additional for some features,though someway its worth, you will get alloy and touch screen system though i agreed with you the stock alloys are not looking great,also i am not sure the touch system have navigation?
Well,here is my observation,if you go for SV model you can save 70k and get the accessorys from after market,but always keep in your mind branded accessorys not cheap in after market, if you go for a branded alloy wheels such as Neo or Plati you have to pay 20K, but the benifit is you can choose stylish alloys for your car.
Regarding touch screen music system, if you go for after market android system with navigation you have to pay 25K,benifit is you will get bigger screen with android system plus navigation.
Regarding fog lamp,its easly avilable in after market for 4K but not same quality lile stock but you can accept the qulIty of after market fog lamp.
Regarding about the automatic foldable wing mirrors,its not possible to fix in after market, if you really want that features then go to V model.
Regarding about the chrome handles, its not possible to get metal chrome handles in after market,only available ABS type chrome plated handles.
Conclution - if you go for after market alloys + touch screen navigation system( android) + fog lamp, you have to pay minimum 50K,benifit is ypu can choose the alloys and system on your interest.
But you cant get foldable led mirrors and chrome handles in after market.
Hope this advices will help you to choose the right decition.

Thnaking you
Jijo mathew

Hello doctor and friends,

I have a new update to share with you,i changed my car key to flip key, as i mentioned earlier in my post i was planing to change my key to flip key. I bought flip key shell from Ebay(USA) and cut the blade here in local shop. Everything went well they did perfect cutting. Myself i changed internal electronics such as sensor chip with remote button also stick the honda H red logo which is matching for my other honda red emblems . Key is working perfectly,I paid 1K for key blade cutting, i know its costly but the shop guy told me honda key blades are hard so its difficult to cut compare to other vehicles key. I bought flip key for RS-600,total cost Rs 1600.

Here is few pictures of my new flip key.

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Dr.Mudhan and friends, taking delivery tomorrow hopefully. what is your feed back on aero dynamic spoilers ? apart from esthetics do they serve any other purpose or peril ? among ABS, PP which is better in terms of repairability ? your views welcome. thanks.

my choice is to have the modulo kit for city 2014 in page 3 of the following link.
Welcome CLIFFORD: Paint and Bodykits!

Last edited:

Top Bottom