My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #1,411

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

PART: LXXXVIII

INSURANCE PROTECTION : AFTER MARKET HEAD UNIT & AVN SYSTEM

CAR AVN UNIT.jpg

Are you worried about your investment when you buy an AVN unit for your car?
OR
About a financial loss in case of malfunctioning in future?

Don’t get satisfied as though you have a Manufacturer’s Warranty – they are useless at times of theft or damage to the set!

Is there any alternative? What about Insurance protection, will it be really useful?

Motor insurance, if it is Package/ Comprehensive Policy covers the OE Head Unit/ AVN system by default as the price of the car includes the value as IDV (Insured Declared Value).

But we should know what kind of coverage is it?

It takes care of accidental damage to the set when accident occurs to the car and theft of the set while parked. It never covers any repair or damage to the components due to mechanical/ electrical or electronic break down at any time.

We should also know about our expensive aftermarket sets, please note that they are not at all covered automatically like OE set either during accident or theft. We have to declare the value separately as Electrical Accessory for an Add-on cover and pay extra @ 4% premium every year if to be included in the regular Motor policy.

Please note, by paying extra premium of 4 % in the motor policy, it will still exclude the mechanical/electrical/ electronic break down and repair cost, which may be either a partial or total loss.

Therefore, please take a special policy which is called Special Contingency Policy (from Public sector insurance companies) or Portable Electronic Equipment Policy (Private Insurance Companies) and get it covered for:

1. All Accidental Risk Including Theft
2. Electrical & Electronic Breakdown due to unexpected component failure or due to voltage issues.

Generally the minimum premium is 1 to 2 % only. (Yes, you save a good amount of money for better risk coverage!)

Please note, you are required to give some identification details of the set like… Make/Model number/Serial Number and Value. Also note, no Insurance Policy covers natural wear tear that happens to plastic wheels and belts in mechanical unit and the claim will be subjected to appropriate depreciation value that is 5 to 10 % every year.

Take a policy only with a company known to you or where you have your other policies like Motor, Health, House Insurance policy or your factory, company policies.

And,

You will never be at loss by paying this small premium which can give you something
What is called PEACE OF MIND!

NOTE:
This is the same policy you have to go for in case if you want to cover your any other portable electronic gadgets like Laptop, Video Camera and expensive Smart Phones..

READ MORE: To know all about Indian Motor Insurance Policy
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/automotive-library/24366-cars-flood-insurance-more.html

Dr. Mudhan,

That was an interesting post about Motor Insurance Policy and it would help a lot of people. I just purchased my first self financed car about 7 months ago (Ford Ecosport Titanium TDCi) and I am planning to install Projector head lamp sets with HID lamps along with a very heavy weight audio upgrade (an amplifier, a sub , front components and rear coaxials). Just wanted to know (Can't ask dad, as he is against any modification of stock products or accessories) if the special contingency policy will cover theft + any damage due to electrical malfunctioning due to these parts on car's ECU or other electronics. Also, what happens when due to a minor collision my headlamps break, do the projectors and other parts (after market) get covered in these?

Is this policy an addon on normal policy or a separate policy. My current insurance is with New India Assurance co. ltd., as dad retired from the very same company. My renewal is in 4-5 months is it safe to be with NIA or go for some private company.

Sorry for hijacking your thread with this bombardment of questions. [:)]

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat Bharija

Thread Starter #1,413

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@bharatbharija

Thanks, it’s my pleasure to interact with you.

Under Special Contingency Policy which is a separate policy, Head unit as a system can include the other sub units like Amplifier, sub-woofer etc., but the total cost should indicate bifurcation of other components.

Projectors and other parts, if the parts are not OE, claim will not be considered by the insurance company. If after market, can be covered only by an add on cover by paying extra premium along with the regular Motor policy. But the cover (even if OE ) will be restricted to damages along with car accident @ 50% depreciation cost but you can get full value if it is NIL DEPRECIATION policy; no company will cover the bulbs as they are parts of limited life. Kindly note Accident means all accidents covered under regular motor policy viz., External accident, own damage, fire, self-ignition and fire, flood, malicious damage etc.,

Automobile engine and its electronic components (ECU) are covered by a separate add on cover only for water ingression by some insurance companies and not by everyone.

Always take a policy with the company where Daddy worked. In India, many procedures are not system driven and go with relationship.

Many companies will not come forward easily just to cover these items unless it is profitable and influenced. Some may insist to cover first under regular motor policy and give electrical / electronic break down as special contingency.

Once you get a cover, you can continue as long as you require, and the claim right if genuine cannot be denied by insurers as we, the policy holder have lot of protection under IRDA regulation.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:
Hello doctor,
After i read your thread regarding 3D mat,i decided to buy one for my car,i was looking few brand such as maxpider and star,few shop guys quoted 5.5K for maxpider, atlast i decided to go for star 3D mat and contacted sai mag wheels who is the distributor of star mats,spoke with them about products details and price,they quoted 2.3K,i placed order,after 4 days i got a call from courier guy,i recieved the item on same day,open with little tensed mind,because lots of question in my mind such as quality,fitting etc.
When i opened the box i was really happy because the quality is more than i expected,perfect fit and good material,washable,no slipperily,no odor,i am really happy about the product,affordable price.

Here is some pictures of 3D mat

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,416

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Jijomthw

I am really happy to look and read all your DIYs. Fantastic!

The AVN, Gear Knob, Lever Cover (Mugen style) and Mats are all excellent. Finally you did the ORVM Led Indicators too.

Have you tried Wi-Fi in your AVN system?

I am happy that I could help and enhance your thought process in this regard.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #1,417

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: LXXXIX

MY ALBUS: GOT THE RIGHT PARKING BULBS

Parking LED.jpg

Parking LED 2.jpg

Searching for better LED lights never ends when technology makes innovations better and better!

I am always like some children who never get satisfied if not scored 100/100!

Of course, perfection has no ends, and some where one has to get stopped.

I have shared many of my observations earlier in different posts about LEDs meant for Dome and Rear License Plate Bulbs, and finally how could I get satisfied.

Last week, one of my front parking LED Bulb failed and left life, the bulb which made me so happy when I replaced three years before the OE T10 Halogen.

I tried to use different bulbs from my stock, some of them on which I have wasted my money in the past and finally happy with the same bulbs which I have for rear license plates.

These are really white, at least snow white and not much blue tinted as earlier which I could compare with the other working old bulb. The spots – four LEDs are neat and clear looking and give a beautiful reflection inside the parking light housing and not over bright. They are polarity free, so you can position them exactly turning the bulb holder. In ANHC housing, the position of the bulb will not be straight and diagonal, so carefully place the yellow dots of LEDs so that to look outer side and don’t over turn the bulb holder from the back.

NOTE THE DESCRIPTION:

1. The bulbs which I had last three years. They are 360 degree, blue tinted.
2. The bulbs which I bought for rear license plate, could not use due to its lengthier size, when I tried it for parking but it gave a blue tinted color temperature which I did not like.
3. I was attracted to the star shape but not good for ANHC parking lamp housing.
4. T10 Wedge lights, the one originally I used for rear license plate, not good at color temperature and illumination.
5. I bought for side indicators, can be used for parking but cheap in look and performance. Other than white or yellow, will / may make the Police to meet you. These are polarity based so useless for dual function like Halogen- Parking & Turning indicators.
6. I tried this bulb, they are the whitest among anything and also the brightest, over powering for Parking side and gets hot quickly, so removed.

7. What I recommend and got it from: E93Free Shipping 2pcs/lot T10 4 SMD LED 5050 Car Auto Canbus Wedge Turn Signals Light Lamp Bulb White-in Light Source from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Hope, and you need not waste like what I did. [glasses]

READ MY OLD POST:

THE BEST DOME / FESTOON L.E.Ds WHAT I FOUND:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-11.html#post355059

MY ALBUS: GOT THE RIGHT REAR LICENSE PLATE BULBS
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-43.html#post395044

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,418

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
PART: LXXXX

METAL TIRE VALE DUST PROOF CAPS – YES OR NO?​

TIRE DUST CAP .jpg

Any car tire will be incomplete without a cap to close its valve!

They are for a purpose – Dust proof, Prevent air leakage, and protect the valve mouth from mud or water and snow.

By default, they are protected by a plastic dust proof cap.

Many time, we see either they are broken or missing!

After market, which are preferred personally add an aesthetic look to the car. There are numerous design, shape, sizes and material quality.

PLASTIC ONES

Advantages:
Cheap & low cost, easy availability, not much theft prone , Corrosion free and normally never gel with the valve tip.
Disadvantages:
Plastic dust covers have been known to melt from heat build-up following heavy braking. Give ordinary, boring look.

METAL ONES

Advantages:
Beautiful and High quality finish and adds the wheel with a finishing touch and decoration.
Disadvantages:
If low quality and uncared, will chemically react with the steel/brass valve stem.
Bonding may make difficult to be unscrewed.
Attractive to Kids and Thieves, may be stolen.

When I searched something different, I came across so many quality, colors, designs, and universal type or with Honda logo. The sizes varied and the maximum one are of 25mm length and of course, the diameter is standard around 9 to 10mm.

TIRE DUST CAP 2.jpg

I purchased two types.

1. Stainless steel with Honda logo- silver, size: External diameter 9mm, High 14mm
Excellent quality but the smaller size appears insignificant in the wheel.

2. Aluminum alloy, silver, and size: 2.0 cm x 2.0 cm x 1.0 cm
(Aluminum Alloy Car Tire Valve Caps - Silver (4 PCS) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme)
Very good build quality, lightweight, well finished, larger size makes the car look good; it does what it is supposed to do & fitted perfectly. I have been using for the last two years.

Note:

*If you like shiny Aluminum or black car tire valve caps it will go great for your car.
*Before putting it, clean the valve tip and the inner side of the cap with some anticorrosive liquid like WD40.
*Be sure to tight them so you won't lose them but don’t overdo it.
*Every time, periodically at least once in a week, unscrew little and re screw it.
*Careful and ensure that it is placed back properly every time when you check for air pressure at Petrol Bunk.
*Lightweight alloy valves and covers are particularly prone to corrosion form salts etc. and regular maintenance is therefore a must.
*Don’t forget to remove and put back your regular plastic one whenever you send the car for service or repair and after service before putting again the metal ones clean both the surfaces the valve tip and cap inner part with WD40 like liquid.
*Better keep another kit as spare.
*To prevent corrosion due to electrolysis and malfunction of the electronics in a direct TPMS type, metal valve caps without insulating plastic linings should not be used on direct-TPMS-equipped tire valve stems.

HELP ME IF YOU CAN!:

Anybody tried these tire valve caps –

Auto Diagnostic Tool Car Tire Pressure Monitor Valve Stem Cap Sensor Indicator 3 Color Eye Alert?

TIRE DUST CAP3.jpg

Though it is common to see Pressure Range: 36psi, 2.4 Bar,

for our ANHC, We require 32psi for the front tires and 30 psi for the rear ones.

Universal Visiable 32 Psi 2.2 Bar Air Warning Alert Tire Valve Pressure Sensor Monitor Light Cap Indicator For Cars-in Pressure & Vacuum Testers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

2.0bar 30PSI Auto Diagnostic Tool Car Tire Pressure Monitor Valve Stem Cap Sensor Indicator 3 Color Eye Alert-in Tire Pressure Alarm from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Share your observation, please! [:D]

Hello Dr.,

I have Ascot brand gray color universal car body cover which I had bought locally long ago. That time I was in urgent so I took whatever was available and it costed me around Rs. 600. Material feels like polyester but I doubt about its quality. Plenty of waste fabric pieces are stretched together and leaving loose threads. Waste fabric pieces means they are cut uneven. It is not like the cover you have, that only has three big pieces (Left, Right and Top).

The main problem is, it doesn't fit tight and moves around when some wind enters in. It circles from left to right or vice verse, leaving the other side exposed. Because it has no elastic in the bottom, instead a belt to tie from side to side and holes in front and rear to tie ropes.

Now I have two options:

1. Stitch ropes or fabric strips to all the four corners of the cover and tie it to the wheels so it doesn't move around. However, I'm not sure whether it will fit tight.
2. Discard this cover and buy a new one. I think this is the same cover you have bought but prices less. This will solve my main problem but I'm also concerned about material quality. Looking at the pictures of your car body cover, it looks far better then mine.

Please advice.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Mr.Jijomthw
Your seats require care .
Hello vishnucarctazy,
Yes my car seat cover seem like old and fade,i already put the order one week ago for new seat cover,autoform brand and it take 10 days time to get stitched, hopefully tomorow i will get the seat cover.
Autogorm 'U impress' model i orderd and it cost me 8 K with instalation,
I will post pictures once i fix the seat cover tomorow.

Thanku so much.

Dear Jijomthw

I am really happy to look and read all your DIYs. Fantastic!

The AVN, Gear Knob, Lever Cover (Mugen style) and Mats are all excellent. Finally you did the ORVM Led Indicators too.

Have you tried Wi-Fi in your AVN system?

I am happy that I could help and enhance your thought process in this regard.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Hello doctor,
Thanku so much for your message, yes ofcorse you helped me to choose the right accessories,
Yes i tried Wifi and its working perfect,downloaded few application from google play store such as clock widgets,GMail,mp3 downloader etc.bluetooth working great,conecting my mobile fast and call clarity is great, very usefull option while driving car, music sound clarity is great, good bass and treable, great navigation and i got igo navigation card with system, need a update anytime.steering control working great.camera need to change for better clarity like what you did, planing to get one same which you bought.

Thanku so much.

Last edited:
Hello doctor and friends,

I was looking a automatic day night rear view mirror for my car,atlast i found one in aliexpress which is perfect fit for honda city, i paid 3.8K but recently they increased price.
Choosed right bracket from there list so its fixed easliy without any trouble,conected electrical wire and auto dim working perfect at nights.
Really this mirror helping me at night drive.mirror plastic quality is average though we can accept.
If any one looking same mirror for honda city 2009- 2012 model please choose bracket number # 21.

Clear View Special Bracket Car Electronic Auto Dimming Anti Glare Interior Rearview Mirror For Toyota Honda Hyundai Kia VW Ford-in Interior Mirrors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Here is my mirror picture.

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,424

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ CRACING

Whenever I think of you, you make me to think that this not my thread but 'Our Thread'.
You have contributed so much here next to me. Thank you very much for everything and you are my first motivation.

Even this new cover which I bought, I could see blowing- up little despite custom made during heavy wind season presently and moreover, my car shed is open in all sides except the roof.

Therefore, I use three Binding clips to secure the same firmly with the rear bumper side where it gets lifted and solved the issue.

sku_229617_6.jpg

1. Since your cover is a free size, may be more lose over car body contours. You try to secure by Binding Clips both front and rear sides firmly and decide.

2. The snap deal link you have indicated for a similar cover like mine makes me to have my own doubt about the material and the price quoted.
The description says ‘Silver/ Polyester’ but also says ‘The product is made up of super soft matty’ and MRP @Rs.1800/- The picture is from my type cover (Polypropylene, MRP @ Rs.2400/- ) and they use the same for many other products, so not reliable. Communication with snap deal sellers unlike ebay.in

Ebay.in has these covers for many cars (eBay) Priced @ Rs. 2400/- and above, but I could not find for ANHC.

Challenger makes different quality, so better to check up with the seller, especially the original box ; please try with your local auto dealers too.

Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Hello Dr.,
@ CRACING

Whenever I think of you, you make me to think that this not my thread but 'Our Thread'.
You have contributed so much here next to me. Thank you very much for everything and you are my first motivation.
This thread has always been a home for ANHC family and I'm proud to be a member of it. Contribution is done by many of us but major part is from you. I think without you and this thread, we would be scattered into different places. So we all thank you for everything. [clap]

Even this new cover which I bought, I could see blowing- up little despite custom made during heavy wind season presently and moreover, my car shed is open in all sides except the roof.
That is somewhat bearable but mine just doesn't blow but also turn around. Yesterday when I had covered my car, it was fine but after some time, wind entered in and pulled the cover to the ground (to the side of the car). The belt buckle gone to the bottom, making it difficult to unplug. I was so annoyed when I saw it because I had spent morning hours to wash the cover and it ended up dirty again. :redface:

Therefore, I use three Binding clips to secure the same firmly with the rear bumper side where it gets lifted and solved the issue.

1. Since your cover is a free size, may be more lose over car body contours. You try to secure by Binding Clips both front and rear sides firmly and decide.
Good idea. I will try this but the problem is with the sides and I need to see where I can put the clips. May be like this would also work:

Car_Cover_Clips.jpg

2. The snap deal link you have indicated for a similar cover like mine makes me to have my own doubt about the material and the price quoted.
The description says ‘Silver/ Polyester’ but also says ‘The product is made up of super soft matty’ and MRP @Rs.1800/- The picture is from my type cover (Polypropylene, MRP @ Rs.2400/- ) and they use the same for many other products, so not reliable. Communication with snap deal sellers unlike ebay.in

Ebay.in has these covers for many cars (eBay) Priced @ Rs. 2400/- and above, but I could not find for ANHC.

Challenger makes different quality, so better to check up with the seller, especially the original box ; please try with your local auto dealers too.
I always hate these 3rd party sellers on flipkart, Snapdeal and Paytm. Many of them do not mention accurate descriptions and that makes us doubtful when buying. I think this also effects their business negatively. It just takes little more time to write accurate details and add actual pictures.

Challenger brand car covers are also available in flipkart but for even lesser price. Rs. 600 Approx! Again no proper details and seller ratings are not good.

I will try local stores but I doubt anyone would have this brand or would give me reasonable price. Also my knowledge is limited about these materials and I may not recognition which one is Polyester and which is Polypropylene. I have also asked question in snapdeal listing to know whether it is Polyester or Polypropylene. Lets see what the seller replies and until then I will try your chipping method. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom