My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Thread Starter #1,396

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Dear Raj

Dear Dr. Mudhan,
Noticed that you have utilized both the free slots in the dash. The left one is for the LED DRL. What is the control switch in the middle? Can you recommend some very useful products to order from Aliexpress during this anniversary offer? Regards, Raj (Raj M is now online Report post to moderators)
Hello Doctor, As I understand from your above post, the LED DRLs + the Relay Harness(Control Voltage Identifier) + Toggle Switch = the LED DRLs + HONDA compatible DRL/LED switch. Right ?
Please correct my understanding if it is wrong. Regards, Raj
LED DRLs + the Relay Harness (Control Voltage Identifier) are universal, can be placed in any vehicle. Both are required.

Master switch in my set up is rocker type also universal but fit into regular dash socket but looks little big. ; it is better to go for the Honda specific which will look neat inside. This is a simple switch like any other on/off switch.

For dimming facility, If you don’t want to skin to take connection from OE head light or parking light Electrical harness, you buy the Extension Wire specific for your ANHC, I think yours also 3rd GEN and that would be H4 (H4 9003 HB2).

My middle switch is for fog light as it is after market. Please go through our recent articles and find out anything interesting to you. Sorry, I don’t know your interest, could not recommend anything specifically.

Please note, the brackets come with the DRLs are not safe, you have to design your own brackets to fix them firmly.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #1,397

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Raj

Now I got it and understood what made you to have this doubt and to indicate equal to (=).

The DRLs VOLTAGE IDENTIFIER is not referred as RELAY.

What I referred while indicating Honda specific switch, my mechanic told that it needs a RELAY is for different reason.

In earlier days the dash switches / OE switches used to be small and needed to have two parts. One part is On /Off mechanism and the feeding through another independent unit, part called RELAY.

The modern switches has inbuilt relay unit to have multiple link and don’t require another RELAY unit generally. Multiple lines help to connect parking/headlight line so that to glow in night to indicate the switch placement, apart from On /Off indicator.

DRL.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks a ton for the details.
Yes, Mine is carnelian red color 3rd GEN ANHC (year 2012) VMT with sunroof.
I had already ordered the DRL recommended by you and did not order the regulator and switch etc. as I was not sure about the same.
Now I need to order 1) the control voltage regulator, 2) the Honda compatible DRL/LED Switch, 3) the Extension Wire H4 (H4 9003 HB2) and 4) the H4 Car connector plug set.
You have already shared the links for the good quality voltage regulator and Honda Compatible DRL switch. Kindly share the links for good quality Extension wires and Connector Plugs and also let me know whether I need to order 1 set each or 2 sets each?
Doctor, I need your advice on the following matter.
I need to replace the Head Lights as the light is too insufficient. Initially I thought of replacing the bulbs with Philips XTreme vision bulbs as recommended by you earlier but then again I thought of going for the HID with projectors, angel eyes and flexi DRLs as they will enhance both the lights and the looks.
Will it be a wrong decision to go for this HID setup?
Will it make the 'Head Light adjust switch' on the dash nonfunctional?
I have already ordered the flexi DRLs for my Head Lights and I am yet to order the HIDs, projectors and the angel eyes.
Whether the electrical connectivity of these DRLs be combined with the flexi DRLs of the Head Light units? If yes, do I still need to buy the voltage controller, Extension wires and Connector Plugs etc?
Please help me understand these aspects.
With many thanks in anticipation.
Regards, Raj

Thread Starter #1,399

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Raj M

You have ordered the DRLs.

1) The control voltage regulator, 2) the Honda compatible DRL/LED Switch, 3) the Extension Wire H4 (H4 9003 HB2) and 4) the H4 Car connector plug set.
Both 3) the Extension Wire H4 (H4 9003 HB2) and 4) the H4 Car connector plug comes as a set now. Only one is required to skin off and take connection to Voltage Identifier.( please note identifier and not regulator)

You may order from this seller but available as pair only:

Free Shipping 1Pair Wiring Harness Extension Car Auto Vehicle Headlight Fog Lamp DRL H4 9003 HB2 Wire Socket Adapter Connector-in Cables, Adapters & Sockets from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
This would be better than mine.

HID setup with Audi type flexi DRLs will give gorgeous look. But we have to fiddle with OE bulb casing and require doing by highly skilled technician. Honestly, the head light inner design is not really suitable and they will blacken it.

In my opinion, if at all one want to go for, should go for with original OSRAM kit (4200 K- 35 W) , will cost around Rs.25000 to 30000. Alternatively, you can think of a new set of HID Head light assembly and keep the OE as spare.

‘Will it make the 'Head Light adjust switch' on the dash nonfunctional?’
Yes, I think so. Our forum friends who are experts can help.

‘Whether the electrical connectivity of these DRLs be combined with the flexi DRLs of the Head Light units? If yes, do I still need to buy the voltage controller, Extension wires and Connector Plugs etc?’
Kindly don’t keep so many lights; it will spoil the overall look. If you have decided to go for HID & FDRLs, keep that alone that would look nice. I don’t know , how you decided to set up that – if you are going to make your FDRLs as real DRLs , you need to have a Voltage Identifier for that. One Voltage Identifier should not be used for two different DRLs set up, better to avoid fiddling with electricals.

Last edited:
The DRLs are looking great Dr. Mudhan. I too always appreciate the beauty of a Merc DRLs. They feel so classy.

Regarding the DRL switch in your setup, the switch looks tad bit bigger than the rest two. What is the size of the OEM ones? Is it 43x25x60 mm (as shown in the pic) or something else?

Thread Starter #1,402

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

PART: LXXXVII

MY ALBUS: CAR BODY COVER

CarCover 1 .jpg

My quest for a car body cover began, to get the best –if not at least the better one!

There was no need in the past as I am allotted an exclusive parking lot as Head of the Institution. But, now our staff college undergoes major renovation and repairs …

ALBUS is in need of getting protected from the swarm of dust.

I know, car body covers equally have disadvantages based on the fabric / material we choose and the way we handle it while covering and uncovering the car.

I remember my first cover for Premier Padmini which was of Tarpaulin material – all weather proof, but very heavy and only a Bayilvan (Muscle Man) can lift it, caused maximum damages to the paint surface. The second one meant for my MATIZ was a parachute material, very thin and easy to handle but bloated even during normal wind, required heavy weights on it to restrain: rubbed beautifully over the paint surface while flagging and torn into pieces within 4 months. [frustration]

My exploration began for ALBUS.

I wanted less expensive, VFM, a better one.

Honda ASS told that they had no stock for the older generation and they would buy from outside and give @ OE price.

I have decided for my own choice.

Indian market is flooded with local, Chinese and some of the best Desi Brands (who are exporters). Some of them are notable – Polco, TPH, COVERWELL, Champion, Challenger etc.,

Please note, it is not only the brand is important, their individual successful product is also important. Not all of the products of a best Brand will also be the best. Example, SONY is a best brand but they too have unsuccessful products.

Even the best brand cover makers have inexpensive, cheap quality product, VFM product and the most expensive product to suit different segments of customers.

Car body covers starts from Rs.600/- (Cheapest polyester material) to Rs.20000/- (New technology polymer materials like TPH Microlite , Dupont Tyvek etc.).

INFORMATION THAT I GATHERED & ANALYSED:

1. Quality of the covers depends for indoor use, outdoor use or both indoor & outdoor use.
2. Fabric Available for Car Covers: a. DuPont Tyvek b. Silver coated Polyester c. Cotton Flannel d. Polypropylene
3. Car covers either tailored to suit specific cars or an universal fit to suit different segments like A,B,C,C+, D etc.
4. No belts required to tie the covers as Neoprene elastic sewn in front and back take a better grip.
5. Special theft proof Kit is available in the market which includes vinyl-coated steel cable, padlock, non-scratch plastic snap together grommets and iron-on reinforcing patches. (But, I doubt as our thieves will have high-tech cutters!)

A GOOD CAR COVER SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING PROPERTIES:

1. High Performance Non-Woven Fabric with good stiches but fewer bits or Joint less panels.
2. Breathable – Allows any moisture or heat under the cover to easily escape & Dries easily – Moisture is not absorbed by the fabric fibers.
3. Maximum UV Protection, Dust proof and Soft-to-Paint Inner Layer (like Polypropylene fleece-lined car covers)
4. Preferably a light color cover as dark colors is likely to bleed & stain the color of the car.
5. Weightless but strong and durable.

TIPS FOR USE AND MAINTENANCE:

1. Dust off the car before putting on the car.
2. Dust off the cover first while removing the cover from the car.
3. Whether putting on or removing from, always roll the cover as folds and never drag them over body, avoid rubbing the cover against the paint.
4. Never place the cover while engine bonnet is hot, particularly while covering the hot silencer muffler ends.
5. Always know the front and rear side of the cover, have some identification, mirror pockets is one easy way if no mark is available.
6. While removing, simply fold each side up onto the roof and refold it as necessary so the material ends up about 2 feet wide. Then, starting at the front of the vehicle, fold the cover towards the back in increments of about 3 feet. This way you don't drag the cover over the vehicles surface, and it's easy to reverse the process for installation. In general, always cover the front and rear bumpers as the last step.

WHAT CAR COVER I PURCHASED:

Most of the Indian online sellers are not clear in their description, especially the material. The picture is not indicative of the box and contents. They use the same pictures for different variety of covers. Getting a cover for 3rd GEN ANHC is also not clear and they mentioned as New and Old CITY.

I wanted a custom fit to match exactly the contours. Brands like Polco who was the supplier to HONDA as OE cover for 3rd GEN ANHC never produce a custom design and they make universal size and C+ is the size for the car, for that matter for any ANHC Models.

I wanted a cover without any time and I decided to check with my local car accessory seller and he suggested a Brand – Challenger, first I was reluctant but on my analysis of their website about quality and my personal touch (soft and strong polypropylene , of course not a fleece lined inner layer), I felt that this is the cover for me. The MRP is Rs.2400/- and got it for Rs.1800/-.

The Brand quality is same like COVERWELL Brand. The antenna pocket has a hole to make the OE antenna safely protrude out which I have to close as mine is a Shark fin.

The best car cover is the one that fits your budget and your protection requirements. It’s really a matter of personal preference.

I am happy,

my ALBUS would also be happy. [glasses]

COVERAGE 3 DIMENSIONS / CAME WITH STORAGE BAG
CarCover 2.jpg

TEXTURE MACRO VIEW AND THE BOX
CarCover 3.jpg

ORIGIONAL HONDA COVER
CarCover 4 .jpg

METHOD OF COVERING & UNCOVERING THE CAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWURKK06R8A

READ MORE HERE:

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-13.html#post358537

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...new-honda-city-white-albus-13.html#post358610

Last edited:
Dr. Mudhan, I have read your thread right from Day 1. The time when i was not a TAI-ger. Your thread's, very first line of your PSU Insurance company background, an eleven year old Matiz and the big Indian Dream of a Sedan always struck with me, right from September 2013. My Dad, (retired a month ago) was also an empoyee in a PSU Company, we had a 12 year old Santro at that time (September 2013) and like you a sedan was our dream as well at that point. I have read, re-read and again re-read the ice-breaker first post of your thread atleast a hundred times, relived yours and my Dad's dream of a sedan, the love for first sedan again and again from your first post. Back then, when you purchased CIty, we purchased a purple coloured Verna SX (ON company funds, like you did). I have been a lurker in your thread all these years and this thank you post is actually filled with misty eyes, as I re-read your thread again, and relived two family's dream fullfilment, which happened at same time 2k kms apart.

I just wanted to thank you, its something that has been pending from side for the last 2 and a half years. Thank you for this wonderful thread. Car is an emotion, you just prove it in every post, in every line.

With Love and Respect,
Bharat Bharija

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,404

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
“Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” – Northrup Christiane​

My Dear bharatbharija

You are thoughtful and generous in your words and I could see the life in it.
My age and experience makes me more matured. But, my childlike inquisitive makes me more emotional.

“I have been a lurker in your thread all these years and this thank you post is actually filled with misty eyes, as I re-read your thread again, and relived two family's dream fulfillment, which happened at same time 2K Kms apart.”
Believe me, I could feel my tears when I read just after getting out of bed in the morning your message that was written by you at 3.00 am, You made my day.

With grateful thanks and kindest regards
Dr. MUDHAN

Last edited:
Friends, need some advise from you on the following topic.

I am planning to get my alloys painted black. Carz Gachibowli Hyderabad is asking for 2k per alloy. I think that's too high.
Is it how much the cost really is our should I check other places? Also any recommended shop in Hyderabad for this job?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you Dr. Mudhan.
I am not sure whether to go for the standard AC ballast or the Canbus ballast for my 2012 City? Can you please guide me?
Regards, Raj

@ Raj M

You have ordered the DRLs.

Both 3) the Extension Wire H4 (H4 9003 HB2) and 4) the H4 Car connector plug comes as a set now. Only one is required to skin off and take connection to Voltage Identifier.( please note identifier and not regulator)

You may order from this seller but available as pair only:

Free Shipping 1Pair Wiring Harness Extension Car Auto Vehicle Headlight Fog Lamp DRL H4 9003 HB2 Wire Socket Adapter Connector-in Cables, Adapters & Sockets from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
This would be better than mine.

HID setup with Audi type flexi DRLs will give gorgeous look. But we have to fiddle with OE bulb casing and require doing by highly skilled technician. Honestly, the head light inner design is not really suitable and they will blacken it.

In my opinion, if at all one want to go for, should go for with original OSRAM kit (4200 K- 35 W) , will cost around Rs.25000 to 30000. Alternatively, you can think of a new set of HID Head light assembly and keep the OE as spare.

Yes, I think so. Our forum friends who are experts can help.

Kindly don’t keep so many lights; it will spoil the overall look. If you have decided to go for HID & FDRLs, keep that alone that would look nice. I don’t know , how you decided to set up that – if you are going to make your FDRLs as real DRLs , you need to have a Voltage Identifier for that. One Voltage Identifier should not be used for two different DRLs set up, better to avoid fiddling with electricals.

Thread Starter #1,407

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
….. Regarding the DRL switch in your setup, the switch looks tad bit bigger than the rest two. What is the size of the OEM ones? Is it 43x25x60 mm (as shown in the pic) or something else?
Externally the switch with size 43x25 (vertical length and horizontal width) suit neatly the OE place. The inner size 60mm, less or more, not much of significance as it goes inside and hidden, the size depends upon the switch relay type. Master switch in my set up is rocker type also universal but fit into regular dash socket but looks little big. ; it is better to go for the Honda specific which will look neat inside.

Thank you Dr. Mudhan. I am not sure whether to go for the standard AC ballast or the Canbus ballast for my 2012 City? Can you please guide me? Regards, Raj
Canbus type can be avoided as our Indian ANHC has no such electrical systems like European to show error warning on anything other than OE spares.

Last edited:
Hello doctor and friends,
I installed my DVD player yesterday and it's working perfectly,I did job in honda showroom and they charged me 2K, I Installed my mirror Cover too.
It's taken almost 5 hour to fix,I was observing the work and given some idea which I got from our doctor and realised how helpfull our threats for each other,really thankful for you doctor,I got the idea from you for place the Gps antenna on center of dash board and believe me this is the right place and looking neat.
As I mentioned before my system is android and it's really so fast and good out put sound, time is working perfect,no changes after restart,Google map working perfectly,I have to find a good navigation like map india or igo.
Now I can say this system changed my car interior look and now it look more premium [:)]

As I told I installed led mirror cover too which I bought one month ago,dear doctor I was saying to you the honda guys saying my led mirror cover was not perfect fitting ,but you adviced me to try small modifications,I was trying to find a way to fix the cover,I gone through doctor advice and open the old cover and installed new cover,I was wondering it's perfect fit,I called honda guy and asked him why you told me the cover was not fit,he said sorry to me.
I dont know why honda guys told me like that it was not fit,I think they didn't knew these kind of accessory installation,I requested to him for led mirror cover electrical work and he did that well,he took electrical wire through inside the rubber tube which used for all wires comes to door for power winows and speakers,now it's working perfect.

Here is few pictures of DVD player and led mirror cover.

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0485-1.JPG

Last edited:
Hello friends,
Some more updates,
I changed my car gear knob and lever cover,as i mentioned here before about my another buy from aliexpress,Mugen style gear knob and cover,its really look sporty,
Got 3 adaptor with gear knob and choosed the right size (M10XP1.5) and its perfect fit.
Gear lever cover i installed myself and it was easy job,took 10 mnts,used plastic tool for avoid scratches on panel [glasses]

Here is the picture of gear knob and lever cover (Mugen style)

IMG_0496.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

Last edited:

Top Bottom