My New Honda City in White - The Albus

PART: LXXXIII

ALBUS: BLIND SPOT MIRROR ( YES or NO !)​

Whether it is necessary or unnecessary, I do not know.

Honda came up with HLW - Honda Lane Watch from 2014 in some of their vehicles in USA. Its basically a camera on the passenger rear view. When the turn signal is on, the camera turns on and displays the image on the screen on center console. The camera is only on the passenger side and not on the driver side. I got my 2016 odyssey in Nov, 2015 and this feature is amazing. Basically it nullifies your blind spot. I love it. Only hoped they had a camera on the driver side rear mirror as well.

wouldn't be it even more simple to use a OBD dongle and check the reading ? [confused]
Good question.

ODB works when the car key is turned to Ignition ON position (Also after engine is turned ON). At that position, all the electronic systems including OBD turns ON, draining power from battery. That means the battery voltage is dropped by atleast -0.5v.

Secondly, OBD diagnostic adapter needs a mobile or laptop to connect and read the data.

Third, there are some OBD dongles that show voltage right on it but the problem is, the OBD socket in Honda City is underneath dashboard so its difficult to see it.

Fourth, OBD dongles are only good for short period testing. Keeping it ON for long period or daily, may break the device and could also harm car OBD system. This shouldn't a problem with quality OBD dongles but they are expensive for our purpose.

----

Cigar lighter voltmeters are the simplest devices to check voltage of battery with a minimum voltage drop (That is mostly caused by Music System) and shouldn't be a problem for daily usage.

I have both of these (OBD dongle and Cigar lighter voltmeter) devices but a voltmeter that fits into blank switch slot gives a factory finish and easy visibility. Cigar lighter socket will be saved for other devices.

Good question.

ODB works when the car key is turned to Ignition ON position (Also after engine is turned ON). At that position, all the electronic systems including OBD turns ON, draining power from battery. That means the battery voltage is dropped by atleast -0.5v.

Secondly, OBD diagnostic adapter needs a mobile or laptop to connect and read the data.

Third, there are some OBD dongles that show voltage right on it but the problem is, the OBD socket in Honda City is underneath dashboard so its difficult to see it.

Fourth, OBD dongles are only good for short period testing. Keeping it ON for long period or daily, may break the device and could also harm car OBD system. This shouldn't a problem with quality OBD dongles but they are expensive for our purpose.

----

Cigar lighter voltmeters are the simplest devices to check voltage of battery with a minimum voltage drop (That is mostly caused by Music System) and shouldn't be a problem for daily usage.

I have both of these (OBD dongle and Cigar lighter voltmeter) devices but a voltmeter that fits into blank switch slot gives a factory finish and easy visibility. Cigar lighter socket will be saved for other devices.
If your battery is in good health ! it shouldn't drain like that ! correct me if I'm wrong ! And I beg to differ from you ! But im using my OBD dongle daily and on long distance trips too! haven't seen any problem in that!
and I'm wondering why do you want to monitor the battery voltage all the time [confused]! (just curious though)
and if you battery , alternator are in good health you will get slightly above 12volts when the engine is running ! isn't it enough to get a picture of the battery health [confused] ! correct me if I'm wrong anywhere Crazing[:D]

If your battery is in good health ! it shouldn't drain like that
I have a battery which isn't even a year old yet. Disconnected battery voltage shows 12.8. Once connected battery voltage drops to 12.5 and when key is turned to Ignition ON position, it drops to 12.3 or 12.2. AFAIK this should be normal.

And I beg to differ from you ! But im using my OBD dongle daily and on long distance trips too! haven't seen any problem in that!
Well, you should be lucky or you have a quality OBD dongle [:)] but OBD system are so expensive and I wouldn't take risk by using cheap OBD dongle all the time.

and I'm wondering why do you want to monitor the battery voltage all the time [confused]! (just curious though)
and if you battery , alternator are in good health you will get slightly above 12volts when the engine is running ! isn't it enough to get a picture of the battery health [confused]
My car running is very low so keeping an eye on voltage is important for me. I listen to music when sitting idle in the car or waiting for someone, but when the battery voltage drops to 12.2, I stop the music or start the engine to charge the battery again.

Say if I don't have voltmeter and drained most of the battery power while listening to music. Later I will not be able to start the engine! This has happened to me once and its a nightmare.

When the engine is running, voltage should be 14.x which means battery is charging. Sometimes it drops to 12.x because ECU thinks battery is fully charged but if v12.x stays for longer period then its bad sign.

Well, I wouldn't not go deep into battery voltage discussions here because there is dedicated thread for that.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I got my Jazz serviced at HASS last week.They took care of the airbag replacement problems.The HASS has done a fabulous job and also polished it nicely.Very happy with their service.I will post snaps later as I did not take any photos after the service.

@Cracing

Not a good option in my opinion either

If the battery is in good condition listening to music for extended periods with the ignition off will not result in too much battery drain. It will be covered up once the car starts

The voltmeter us just a reference tool. In case the car refuses to start after listening to music or if the lights were left on for a short period while the ignition was off just replace it. It will sort the problem

I have a battery which isn't even a year old yet. Disconnected battery voltage shows 12.8. Once connected battery voltage drops to 12.5 and when key is turned to Ignition ON position, it drops to 12.3 or 12.2. AFAIK this should be normal.

Well, you should be lucky or you have a quality OBD dongle [:)] but OBD system are so expensive and I wouldn't take risk by using cheap OBD dongle all the time.

My car running is very low so keeping an eye on voltage is important for me. I listen to music when sitting idle in the car or waiting for someone, but when the battery voltage drops to 12.2, I stop the music or start the engine to charge the battery again.

Say if I don't have voltmeter and drained most of the battery power while listening to music. Later I will not be able to start the engine! This has happened to me once and its a nightmare.

When the engine is running, voltage should be 14.x which means battery is charging. Sometimes it drops to 12.x because ECU thinks battery is fully charged but if v12.x stays for longer period then its bad sign.

Well, I wouldn't not go deep into battery voltage discussions here because there is dedicated thread for that.
Your understanding on the battery is correct, once you start the car it will not full charge every time, it is depend on the electrical load and the time. Sometimes it will not full charge the battery at all . You will be loosing some percentage of battery capacity every time when you load it with unnecessary things. Battery voltage is a basic and good enough method to know battery's basic status but in certain extreme cases it fails when there are permanent crystallized plates. Actually You need load tester to check battery. We are manufacturers of Battery chargers from industrial level to consumer level and OEM batteries with 10 years of field and manufacturing experience. So if you want your battery to live long take care of it gently like your car.

Last edited:
PART: LXXXII

ALBUS: DOOR CHECK ARM PROTECTION COVER

I thought, it is time to give something more to my ALBUS. This time I have chosen some little things. I will write about them one by one.

The Door Check Arm Protection Cover makes neat the door area and also inexpensive. So ordered after thorough analysis, ensuring original genuine quality as I bought the door lock buckle covers.

PART: LXIV MY ALBUS GETS DOOR LOCK BUCKLE COVERS

Unfortunately the seller cheated me by showing a genuine excellent quality in pictures but sending a counterfeit of normal quality. I was not ready to compromise or accept whatever I received, so raised dispute and got refunded. What is interesting here, the seller has changed the original snap shots / pictures in his advertisement page after my dispute. Fortunately Aliexpress keeps the original page in cache, based on which we place the order. I could prove the same and won refund.

READ MORE HERE: ORIGINAL VS. COUNTERFEITS (Buying tips)

This time I carefully selected the seller after confirming with him the quality and the brand as I wanted and got the same. You compare both the quality / size in the picture here. TOP COUNTERFEIT & DOWN ORIGINAL ONE.

The seller who disappointed me: @ US $3.05
1set 4pcs car Door Stopper Protection Cover Fit For HONDA accord Fit CITY Odyssey Crosstour Crider stickers-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The seller who made me happy: @ US $4.99
ACCESSORIES DOOR CHECK ARM COVER FIT FOR HONDA JAZZ FIT CIVIC ACCORD CR V ACURA ODYSSEY STOPPER-in Auto Fastener & Clip from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The seller who can make you happy: @ US $3.76 ( Note the price - Please confirm with the seller before order.)
4x Car Door Check Arm Protection Cover For Honda Crosstour Odyssey City Fit Accord Civic CRV Great Wall /Hover H5 H6 H8-in Stickers from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Have them & Enrich your beauty![:)]
Hello doctor,
I orderd same door arm protection cover and got it today,I bought from same seller which you suggested,good quality and really good seller,thank you so much for your advices.
Waiting for some more items to get and install all together,I will post detailed pictures once I Intall everything.
Also I installed my shark fin antenna last week,bought from same seller which you suggested,perfect fitting,No gap between roof and antenna ,again full credit for doctor Mudhan,you helped me to buy the suitable accessory .

2016-03-09 13.27.03.jpg
IMG_0044-1.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

Last edited:
Dear Fellow Member,
My apologies for long absence as was travelling a lot, took a long time to catch on the discussions being done in forum.
After travelling in almost all South East Asia I have following wish list if you all can help in finding / sourcing and it also serves as upgrade ideas for other members as well.
1) in previous posts it is already mentioned but I didn't find any headway on that, "wheel arc liners". I think these will go a long way in bringing the down the road noise from this area.
2) Cruise control unit: just as suggestion the old civic and Honda city had almost similar steering, can we use that and use cruise control from Civic's steering? maybe a small firmware update or maybe it will be plug and play. Just counting on your expert comments.
3) In Malaysia I saw ODB connected switch which triggers auto lock and unlock of doors but that was for post 2011 model, did anyone else seen this kind of stuff? link for your reference HONDA CITY Plug and Play OBD Door Auto Lock Module - Car Accessories & Parts for sale in Kuching, Sarawak
4) anti roll bar or stiff coils for that thud noise and yo-yo effect on highway speeds - did anyone try any of these options how is the feedback and cost.
5) tank liner like shown in link Trunk Lid Insulator Upgrade - 84620 - College Hills Honda
6) gas strut operated hood opening - something like as shown in this link Civic Hood Damper | eBay
7) will it be possible to convert suspension we have to independent type like type 1? - I'm ok if that cost in tune of 60k

hope fellow petrol heads can share their feedbacks and if anyone have done something like this.[drive]

:offtopic:had chance to drive Honda Vezel (hybrid) in Sri Lanka amazing compact SUV but this is not officially launched in Sri Lanka, they import from Japan as second hands and there are heaps and heaps of these (one of the top selling), Honda's strategy to shun a market on basis of pricing firing back (similar to lines in India where we might get some BRV kind of model)

Hi Jijomthw,

From where you got front and Back RED Honda Emblem? How much you paid.
Please share the details.

I also received shark fin antenna today, will be fitting it on weekend.

Thanks
Vaibhav

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello vaibhav,
I bought this red emblems from ebay.in, paid RS 2800,(front and back emblems)i bought latley steering wheel emblem for 1000K,but still not installed,soon i have to install few accessories.
You can find red emblems on aliexpress around 2500k but not sure about quality, i got really good quality emblem cause i found a good seller on ebay.in, though mostly all products comes from china,just search on aliexpress and ebay.in,you can find lots sellers there.just my advice if you plan to change normal emblem to red emblem then change steering emblem too,that would be nice.
Please post few pictures after install your shark fin antenna.

Have a great time.

Last edited:
Hello vaibhav,
I bought this red emblems from ebay.in, paid RS 2800,(front and back emblems)i bought latley steering wheel emblem for 1000K,but still not installed,soon i have to install few accessories.

Have a great time.
Is this one you got from Ebay.in. If Quality is good I will go for it.

Front n back emblem
RED Honda Front Rear JDM Type R Emblem Fits Honda CIVIC Accord FIT CRV | eBay

Steering Emblem

RED Honda Steering Wheel JDM Type R Emblem Fits Honda CIVIC Accord FIT Jazz CRV | eBay

Hello vaibhav,
Yes from same seller i bought(some months ago),its really good quality and the seller is really nice,though little over priced,but quality is good so i dont care about the price,his name vinoth from chennai, i bought other few items from him,all items was good quality in my experience.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Hello vaibhav,
Yes from same seller i bought(some months ago),its really good quality and the seller is really nice,though little over priced,but quality is good so i dont care about the price,his name vinoth from chennai, i bought other few items from him,all items was good quality in my experience.

Good luck.
Thank You forJijomthw!!
Today I ordered all 3 emblems (back, front and steering) for Rs 3800.
So wait is started[:)]

Top Bottom